First Movie You Saw in a Theater

Rezzy

Ever since my son was born, I've gone to the movies a lot less often, since we always need to get a babysitter. He'll be two soon, so I might feel comfortable bringing him to a kids movie once I think he's ready. He's generally very well behaved when we go out, but being in a dark theater for two hours would be a new experience for him.

It made me think of the first movie I ever went to go see. I think it was The Little Mermaid. I was three, and it's the first one I remember, but I guess I might have seen something before then. I got to grow up during the Disney Renaissance and I've watched the movies on DVD with my son about a hundred times.

Any other first movies anyone wants to share?

The re-release of the original Star Wars movies in theaters back in the 90s

Cool, I remember seeing those with my Dad in '97. I was really into Star Wars at that time. I remember playing with Star Wars action figures with my sister, and we would put them in a cup, fill it with water, and stick it in the freezer, saying that they were frozen in carbonite.

Cool, I remember seeing those with my Dad in '97. I was really into Star Wars at that time. I remember playing with Star Wars action figures with my sister, and we would put them in a cup, fill it with water, and stick it in the freezer, saying that they were frozen in carbonite.

Oh yeah its what got me into the series I had a toy blaster gun that made noises and I would shoot it at the TV all the time.

If I'm not mistaken, it was the Lion King, in 1994.

And yes, Mufasa's death scarred me. I cried so much! It was heartbreaking!

And I had nightmares about it!

Scar and the hyenas didn't scare me at all but those wildebeest haunted me!

If I'm not mistaken, it was the Lion King, in 1994.

And yes, Mufasa's death scarred me. I cried so much! It was heartbreaking!

And I had nightmares about it!

Scar and the hyenas didn't scare me at all but those wildebeest haunted me!

Lion King was also the first movie I ever saw in theaters. I was three at the time, and my reaction to Mufasas death wasn't sadness, but rather "Ok. Well, this just got interesting" in an awkward manner. Being three years old I didn't have a real concept of emotion yet Edited by Bullwine85

I think it was Gone fishing and I must have been about 5 at the time my family was rather poor at the time, but lucky for me a family started a free local day camp for Diabetic kids that my mom put me in and that was the movie the theater let us see for free. It was an ok movie but thinking back it was not a good movie to show to kids.

Aladdin, I think. Though I don't exactly have solid memories of seeing it there because I was crazy young at the time (younger than your son. Or about the same age, depending on how close to two "almost" is). First one I have definitive memories of was either Space Jam or Hercules. I checked on imdb and Space Jam came out first, so it was probably that.

Aladdin, I think. Though I don't exactly have solid memories of seeing it there because I was crazy young at the time (younger than your son. Or about the same age, depending on how close to two "almost" is). First one I have definitive memories of was either Space Jam or Hercules. I checked on imdb and Space Jam came out first, so it was probably that.

Funnily enough, Space Jam was actually the third movie I ever saw in theaters (Goofy Movie was the second).

That reminds me, need to set aside a certain date in November for a 20th anniversary watch of Space Jam.....

I can't remember... It was probably some disney movie.

Well, the earliest movie I can remember by name is Robots.

Edited by Hashuni Mei

Funnily enough, Space Jam was actually the third movie I ever saw in theaters (Goofy Movie was the second).

That reminds me, need to set aside a certain date in November for a 20th anniversary watch of Space Jam.....

I remember really liking A Goofy Movie when I was like five or six, but I forget if I saw it in theaters or just on VHS. Like I said, it was a long time ago.

I'm almost sure it was Tarzan when I was like 5

You and me both actually.

I remember really liking A Goofy Movie when I was like five or six, but I forget if I saw it in theaters or just on VHS. Like I said, it was a long time ago.

YOOOOOOOOO

Goofy Movie STILL is a favorite of mine that, unfortunately, I never got on VHS. As a result, I would actually cancel all of my plans for the day whenever I find it airing on ABC Family. Both Goofy Movies get to me every. single. time. My childhood was lit

I can't remember but it was probably the first Pokemon movie. Before then, my parent were (still) weird and never liked letting me out so even though I can't remember, it is highly unlikely I was able to go a theater before then.

Edited by Hatsuoki

Snow White, when I was 5. Obviously it was a re-release. ;) Would've been '88. I distinctly remember seeing that, and Beauty and the Beast ('89) but can't remember what I saw in the early 90s.

First took my daughter at 3.5; we did the drive-in first to see how she'd do. We saw Inside Out. Since then she's seen the latest Star Wars and Zootopia. I guess technically my son was also present at the drive-in, but he was only 6 months so that doesn't really count (mainly slept on my lap).

BTW I highly recommend getting snacks! I made the mistake of not getting snacks once and really regretted it...

I don't remember my first one, but when 3D movies first appeared where I live, I went to all of them and they were cool as heck. I haven't watched enough classic Disney tbh.

Toy Story was the first movie I ever saw there! I remember it very fondly, my mother and brother accompanied me and after watching a movie we visit the MCdonalds (which is also the only time we'll ever visit that place :P) The slinky dog always reminded me of our own dachshund dog.

Afterwards, it kinda became a tradition that whenever a Toy Story movie is released, we always go and watch it together like back in the old days :D

Edited by Rowiehz