Hard mode challenge

Looking for ideas for a hard mode challenge run. Only stipulation is I get to do whatever I want for the DB chapter. Make it as challenging or interesting as you can without being too absurd (like Laguz only). Maybe mono-hair color or mono weapon would be cool?

Units that only come with their class' base skills can be used. If you can take a skill off that unit, it's off-limits. For example, Laura and Oliver both come with no other skills that can be removed, so they can be used. Ilyana comes with Shade, which can be removed, so she can't be used.

Hmm I actually like Clipseys last suggestion. Are there really that many units that come without a personal skill? Regardless I cant do that for the DB portion of the game, Id get wrecked

That'd be Laura, Aran, Jill and Muarim for P1.

Marcia, Lethe and Makalol for P2.

Ike, Rolf, Boyd, Oscar, Gatrie, Rhys, Ranulf, Lyre, Sigrun and Tanith for P3.

Sanaki, Stefan, Oliver, Kurthnaga, Renning and Gareth for P4.

Quite the team!

If you're thinking on a hard challenge I would say a magic only,but just Magic Attacks so that woud mean no Staves,No Healers.It would be vary hard. But you could use any healer that could attack since their beggining(Like Rhys).

Quite the team!

I might even be able to finish DB chapters with only those characters. I'll have to include Micaiah until 1-9 because I can't really bench her since she needs to take hits in that chapter.

You think I should restrict skill equips on these units too? Also, what is the endgame party size?

Edited by Knife

Quite the team!

Micaiah's Sacrifice can't be removed, so you're kind of stuck with her. . .not that it's a bad thing. Jill should be on the list, too, which should make part 1 a lot less painful (or you can just ban Jill outright to make this more fun).

FSR the elemental dragon's Pools are considered removable, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Still. . .you get most of the Greil Mercenaries, and the rest aren't too bad. I hope you have fun, TC!

Oh. I didn't include Micaiah nor Sothe because I thought they would be standard. But as you guys are pointing, then only use Micaiah and bench Sothe asap.

Also, Sanaki and Kurth are forced on Endgame so you have 19 units available without counting Gareth since you can just deploy him or not.

Edited by Quintessence