Who is Stronger? Battle of Two Gods (Spoilers)

Who is Stronger?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Ashera vs Anankos

• Ashera
    • Anankos

Battle of Two Gods: Anankos VS Ashera

Anankos

good-anankos-normal.png

Powers:

- can resurrect the dead

- can travel through time and dimensions

- can create illusions

- can possess people

- can put a powerful curse on the world

- can only be harmed by the Omega Yato

Ashera

Ashera-2.jpg

Powers:

- can resurrect the dead

- can create a powerful barrier

- can turn everyone in the world to stone

- can only be harmed by weapons blessed by Yune

- can only be defeated by Ragnell blessed by Yune

As much as it pains me to say this, Anankos is clearly the most powerful. Of course, it doesn't change the fact that Anankos is a character that purely works on bad writing and plot devices all the way up his ass and beyond.

... Ashera too but less so and more... indirectly.

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just thinking about my mental health.

Well do they each get the weapons the other is weak to? Because otherwise they'll just stare at each other.

The most unepic fight of all time ! Magikarp versus Metapod !

Considering Ashera's "can only be harmed by" is essentially weapons blessed by her other self (which is shown to be exhausting for said other self), I'll give it to her.

And Ashera literally came dangerously close to destroying and restarting the world Cyrus-style (only without the help of time-space warpers, since she herself was the time-space warping thing).

Well, according to the backstory revealed in Radiant Dawn,

Ashera (back when she was Ashunera) was responsible for creating most of the life on Tellius (not sure if she created the Zunanma directly, or if they evolved), and then wiping out almost everybody in a flood.

So, while you make a decent case for Anankos, I'm still going with Ashera. She's the only character in the FE games I've played to invoke the feeling of "this is actually God we're fighting", as opposed to "this is a very powerful being called a god".

I'd say Ashera. I think her powers are shown much explocitly ingame than in lore. Granted I haven't played RV but did HTs I and II, and the ability of cursing a realm, becoming a dragon, time and space travelling, etc., is quite menacing. But, after all, he lost his powers and got weakened, he even had a human form, taking out a bit of the deity being.

On the other hand Ashera, or imo Ashunera is best suited for comparisson, passed her punishment upon the whole continent, petrifying everyone, sent the Great Flood, blessed warrior and defeated her counter god part, Yune, with her Three Great Heroes (Altina, Soan and Dheginsea).

Edited by Quintessence

• 2 weeks later...