Kiragi

MeddlingMage

Kagero gives a good chunk of Strength, but she shafts Kiragi's Speed in return. Unless you want to do a gimmick Replica/Wait build or something.

- Azura helps to fix Kiragi's max Speed

- In terms of mods and class spread, I like Hana

- Setsuna looks like she'd be amusing, too

So, it all depends on what you want out of Kiragi!

Kagero gives a good chunk of Strength, but she shafts Kiragi's Speed in return. Unless you want to do a gimmick Replica/Wait build or something.

- Azura helps to fix Kiragi's max Speed

- In terms of mods and class spread, I like Hana

- Setsuna looks like she'd be amusing, too

So, it all depends on what you want out of Kiragi!

I think you mean Kagero shafts Kiragi's skill. Kagero's speed is fantastic.

I tried out Setsuna as his mother and gave him Lethality thru her...best decision ever! he literally nukes everything with it and wasn't getting touched. at least that was the case for me. I've also tried out Rinkah and she gives him some much needed strength to start off with. but like eclipse said before, it all depends on how you want to build your Kiragi.

You didn't say max speed for Kagero actually, you just said she shafts Kiragi's speed period.

I've done that pairing before. 29 Speed on a Kinshi Knight is painful. Base Master of Arms is faster than that!

But you would've known what I meant if you weren't going for pedantry (since the worst thing against Takumi IMO is that -2 base Speed). Calculating stat caps is pretty quick.

I've done that pairing before. 29 Speed on a Kinshi Knight is painful. Base Master of Arms is faster than that!

But you would've known what I meant if you weren't going for pedantry (since the worst thing against Takumi IMO is that -2 base Speed). Calculating stat caps is pretty quick.

I should have guessed you were talking about caps because of what you say elsewhere in that post, but I assumed you were talking about growths because I didn't realize caps even mattered at all in this game. Does this game have an apotheosis equivalent? Why do caps even matter when they're unlikely to be reached in normal play?

I do agree that Azura is a good mother for Kiragi, or rather that Kiragi is a good son for Azura, as being a bow user he's the least likely to be screwed over by her atrocious defense and HP growths which would ruin any unit expected to function on enemy phase.

Edited by Alastor15243

I should have guessed you were talking about caps because of what you say elsewhere in that post, but I assumed you were talking about growths because I didn't realize caps even mattered at all in this game. Does this game have an apotheosis equivalent? Why do caps even matter when they're unlikely to be reached in normal play?

I do agree that Azura is a good mother for Kiragi, or rather that Kiragi is a good son for Azura, as being a bow user he's the least likely to be screwed over by her atrocious defense and HP growths which would ruin any unit expected to function on enemy phase.

I recruit Kiragi after Takumi gets Bowfaire, and that's near the end of the game. That way, he can use that Offspring Seal to go Kinshi Knight, and ignore terrain penalties like his dad.

What sucks is when I use the Offspring Seal and he's already stuck at some stupid low speed cap.

Thoughts on these pairings:

Corrin x Oboro

Ryoma x Kagero

Silas x Hinoka

Subaki x Sakura

Takumi x Azura

Hinata x Hana/ Setsuna

Kaden x Hana/ Setsuna

Kaze x Mozu

Saizo x Felicia

Hayato x Orochi

Azama x Rinkah

It leaves out Jakob. But oh well.

Rinkah tends to ruin most physical child units that she comes into contact with.

True, more or less but Shiro ain't one of them. He can take it but Kagero is preferable anyway.

Also for pairings I recommend what Eclipse said about Reina and Scarlet. Been around the forum bunch a times, kinda sad Dwyer usually can't be allowed to exist cause of his dad being a jerk. Plus you get a full set.

Edited by Raguna

True, more or less but Shiro ain't one of them.

Rinkah makes Shiro go from one of the best units in the game to mediocre. It's better to give the good kids the best moms and pawn off the shitty moms to the lesser kids.

I had Azura be Kiragi's mother in BR and he became one of my most powerful team members, on par with Takumi himself. I can't really remember his most powerful stats but I remember him being pretty fast while dealing crits a lot and having a great resistance against stronger tome/scroll users. If your looking for a powerful offensive unit I'd say to go with Azura but if you really don't care or want a more defensive Kiragi it's all up to you.

Edited by Sh!t Lord