What captured units are worth having?

TheWerdna

Haitaka in chapter 9 has Rally Def, at least on Lunatic (not sure about lower difficulties, never played them)

Kumagera is pretty ripped too, I capped him, though I didn't find him as useful as Haitaka, he really does have good stats and Certain Blow (at least on Lunatic) which covers for Oni Chieftain's low skl.

Chapter 24 has some pass falcos that might be useful, though recruiting them might take a while.

I didn't find any super standout ones in birthright since nobody has cool skills, but I did cap a wyvern lord for a ferry.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Haitaka in chapter 9 has Rally Def, at least on Lunatic (not sure about lower difficulties, never played them)

Kumagera is pretty ripped too, I capped him, though I didn't find him as useful as Haitaka, he really does have good stats and Certain Blow (at least on Lunatic) which covers for Oni Chieftain's low skl.

Chapter 24 has some pass falcos that might be useful, though recruiting them might take a while.

I didn't find any super standout ones in birthright since nobody has cool skills, but I did cap a wyvern lord for a ferry.

Haitaka has Rally DEF on all difficulties. He gets Strong Riposte on Hard and up.

Kumagera has Certain Blow on all difficulties and can have Darting Blow on Hard and up. He can also be able to run both Counter and Countermagic (Hard and up) as well as Death Blow.

I have Nichol and I have captured Tarba from the Museum Melee, and he's currently at level 99. Is he worth using? He's at level 99, and his Skills are Heavy Blade, Aether, Veteran Intuition, Gamble, and Axefaire.

Nichol and Tarba can be useful but Nichol has trouble differentiating himself from Camilla and Beruka and Tarba has trouble differentiating himself from Charlotte (as well as other capturable Berserker bosses). They also don't have any skills that they can't normally learn on their own (unlike Haitaka, Kumagera, Daniela, Gazak, etc.)

Nichol and Tarba can be useful but Nichol has trouble differentiating himself from Camilla and Beruka and Tarba has trouble differentiating himself from Charlotte (as well as other capturable Berserker bosses). They also don't have any skills that they can't normally learn on their own (unlike Haitaka, Kumagera, Daniela, Gazak, etc.)

I see, is Zhara useful? I'm playing the game on Easy Mode. Tarba in my game is level 99, so I don't think I'll ditch him. I could try to capture Gazak at the Museum Melee next time.

Edited by VallaKnight12

Zhara's main gimmick is that he gets Pass (all difficulties) and Countermagic (Hard and higher). He has some very odd stat cap mods for a Hero (ie. having mods that favor a mage rather than an actual Hero).

Haitaka has Rally DEF on all difficulties. He gets Strong Riposte on Hard and up.

Yep, and hes early and has decent growths across the board. With Guard Naginata, he makes for great tanking, with Strong Riposte aiding on EP. Haitaka so good. Honestly, he might be one of the best capturables because of availability and class (being spear fighter in Nohr). Ugh Haitaka too op lmao.

Haitaka's great, and Kumagera can come in handy (though he has speed problems). Nichol's probably the third best capturable boss, mainly on Birthright where he lacks much competition since he has a good class and has growths only slightly worse than Camilla's. You'd want to recruit him early though since his stats don't scale all that well the further you get in the game (I think the extra stats he gets from level scaling uses class growths and not his own). He also has his own critical portrait and voice clips if you care.

Most of the capturable units worth getting are in Lunatic Conquest. Chapter 17 can give you Master Ninjas with the Poison Strike/Grisly Wound combo, so they're good disposable units. Chapter 23 gives you the Rallyman, and Chapter 24 has Falcoknights w/Pass.

Edited by Dark Sage

Gazak is a Berserker with Certain Blow. The applications of this should be immediately obvious (HINT: Great Club / Beruka's Axe).

Haitaka is obscenely useful until you can get Camilla to level 5 wyvern lord and get rally defense on a mainstay member of your army, and even then I've heard his growths are great. Rally Defense is really his biggest asset anyway though because it's so obscenely useful in early conquest, combined with demoiselle and gentilhomme and lily's poise and eventually inspiration if you reclass Jakob or Felicia, to basically modify your defense score at will to ensure that stationary enemies will take the bait without them being strong enough to kill you.

Haitaka's only really bad growths are Magic and Luck, for when he shows up and for filling a semi-unique class role (not too many Spear Fighters in Conquest) he's reasonably viable. Lack of supports can be a thing but he's probably doing a lot of rallying and hole-plugging as is. If he manages to keep up in levels he has reasonable durability and pretty good offense. If not you can just rotate him out once Camilla/Beruka has Rally Defense. If you manage to juggle his classes around post-promotion he can end up with Rend Heaven and Lancefaire by the end of things plus multiple Seals (which is less exciting in Conquest since Draconic Hex exists, but is still nice). That's better kit than some real characters can get.

For Conquest like everyone said, Haitaka is very useful with his rally and he can help making it through chapter 10 a lot easier (At least for me because I ended up sacrificing him to survive the last turn). Kumarega is pretty ripped with Magic Counter and Certain Blow from hard difficulty although I never ended up using him apart from MyCastle battles.

And not useful on gameplay but I like getting Nichol and Cadance too only because they somehow have crit cut-ins and I like their design.

Edited by Jiggly Mouse

Also, besides the Child Recruitment/Museum Melee maps, are there any units worth capturing on the Revelations path?

THere are no capturable bosses besides the child ones, if that's what you mean. There are no interesting generics that i remember in normal (the fact that pretty much every enemy in the second half of the game is not capturable does not help).

Edited by sirmola

Falcon knights with "pass" from Hinoka chapter (24) are very useful for conquest endgame. Especially if you didn't reclass Selena. 8 movement with potential 9 and B in staves form the get-go. Nice for 1-turning that nightmare.