Questions for the endgame preparations in Conquest

I'm very close to the endgame (going to do chapter 27).

However I'm a bit unsure about myself if I can beat the final two chapters.

I'd like to have a few advices of you how to be prepared correctly.

A few facts of my playthrough:

• playing normal classic
  • My units are ~ level 16 in average (between 10-19).
  • My endgame units are: Corrin, Arthur, Effie, Elise, Beruka, Camilla, Percy, Niles, Felicia, Leo, Xander, Mozu, Azura, Selena
  • I haven't used any of the status items yet (including boots) except for the two arms scrolls. Wasted one on Mozu and gave on to Arthur so he could use the Aurgelmir ofchapter 26. There's no way for me that anyone can use Excalibur and the Revive stave because their weapon level isn't high enough. I'm going to sell them.
  • Corrin is actually pretty bad. Not only that he's only level 13 but also his level ups were disappointing for the most part. He's fast but that's it. His strength is only 20.
  • I used a heart seal only on Camilla and made her a wyvern lord.
  • I have only one rescue stave left and four freeze staves. I could buy a couple of trap staves in the stave shop.
  • I have about 60000 gold.

So my questions:

• Who to give which status boosts (especially boots)?
  • What to buy in the shops (was thinking about the status drinks which are very favorable)?
  • Which skills are very important for the endgame?

You should define your boss killer. Normally, I give that job to Corrin and make him a Sorc to get Bowbreaker and snipe Takumi. You should be fine at endgame with your team, basically Camilla, Xander, Beruka, Effie and Arthur are good units to handle Generals, Heros, Ninjas, Paladins and Maids while Niles, Selena, Leo and Mozu can deal with Wyverns and Onmyojis. Elise, Felicia and Azura can make up with utility job: Physic, Mend, Fortify and Sing. I would dump all stuff on Corrin and make him better offensively with his Shadow Yato.

Edit: Corrin also has Draconic Hex which is one of the best skills.

Edited by Quintessence

To be clear I have never played normal conquest I've only played on Hard and Lunny.

First off you do not need to worry about chapter 27 it's really easy, if you want to guarantee certain spots that you will get an entrapped into just place the units close to where you want them, as who's ever closest to that particular entrap spot will usually be entrapped into that spot. No guarantees, just make sure that the bottom half people are paired up to handle most situations.

I don't know what status boost do you have left but if you saved them up till now, give a lot of them to Corrin so he can easily solo the boss, it is worth it for shadow yato.

I hardly ever use stat drinks I think they're stupid, but the main thing you may want to use them for is the HP one because there's Hexing staffs, also and strength and defense would be useful but considering how many Wyvrens Lord you have you should be the rally enough defense. In my opinion your money is better spent on a brave bow for Niles, or brave weapon for whatever Mozu is. Maybe some lightning for Leo... Just bring powerful weapons for whoever is killing the boss.

The only skill that will be helpful to you is Bow breaker I guess, your team Build seems good as it is, this is normal mode you'll be fine. Don't worry about skills the only skill you need is running as fast as you can to the finish line. Save your gold for weapons to kill the boss faster.

OK so here is how to do the final chapter with your current build, you have three flyers and a horse take your four most powerful characters the ones that you think can kill the boss Pair them up with your fliers and Xander and have them dead rush the boss in this case it might be wise to give the boots to whichever flyer is moving your strongest unit. Then have your other units take care of holding down the fort while the others take on the boss. Reinforcements never end on this chapter so you just have to rush the boss, cheese this level hard. If you still have money left over, you can buy and use entraps staves to move units out of the way for whoever Xander is caring. You can bring the freeze staves along but they may or may not be of much use to you as you're going to try to beat this chapter in under five turns Max.

Edited by Locke087

You should define your boss killer. Normally, I give that job to Corrin and make him a Sorc to get Bowbreaker and snipe Takumi. You should be fine at endgame with your team, basically Camilla, Xander, Beruka, Effie and Arthur are good units to handle Generals, Heros, Ninjas, Paladins and Maids while Niles, Selena, Leo and Mozu can deal with Wyverns and Onmyojis. Elise, Felicia and Azura can make up with utility job: Physic, Mend, Fortify and Sing. I would dump all stuff on Corrin and make him better offensively with his Shadow Yato.

Edit: Corrin also has Draconic Hex which is one of the best skills.

The only skill that will be helpful to you is Bow breaker I guess, your team Build seems good as it is this is normal mode you'll be fine. Don't worry about skills the only skill you need is running as fast as you can to the finish line. Save your gold for weapons to kill the boss faster.

I see.

So I'm going to reclass him to a sorc till he has reached level 15 for obtaining bow breaker. And then I'll reclass him to his orginial class back (which should be possible I hope).

I don't know what status boost do you have left but if you saved them up till now give a lot of them to Corrin so he can easily solo the boss.

I see.

He definitely needs HP, strength and defense.

I hardly ever use stat drinks I think they're stupid, but the main thing you'll need if you really want to use them for the is HP one because there's Hexing staffs, also and strength and defense would be useful but considering how many Wyvrens Lord you have you should be the rally enough defense. In my opinion spend on a brave bow Niles, or brave weapon for whatever Mozu is. Maybe some lightning for Leo... Just bring powerful weapons for whoever is killing the boss.

Why are stat drinks exactly bad? I thought they're like status boots, only with the diffence that they'll work for only one chapter. They cost like nothing.

No one except for Beruka and Arthur has the required weapon level to use brave weapons.

A silver weapon is as powerful as two brave attacks and more accuracte, so I'll go for them.

OK so here's the final chapter of work your current build, you have three flyers and a horse take your four most powerful characters the ones that you think can kill the boss Pair them up with your fliers and Xander and have them dead rush the boss in this case it might be wise to give the boots to whichever flyer is moving your strongest unit. Then have your other units take care of holding down the fort while the others take on the boss. Reinforcements never end on this chapter so you just have to rush the boss, cheese this level hard. If you still have money left over you buy and use entraps staves to move units out of the way for whoever Xander is caring. You can bring the freeze staves along but they may or may not be of much use to you as you're going to try to beat this chapter in under five turns Max.

Actually the four strongest characters are the three fliers (Beruka, Camilla, Percy) and Xander.

Arthur as a berserker is pretty good too. As for the other two I still have to think.

I see.

So I'm going to reclass him to a sorc till he has reached level 15 for obtaining bow breaker. And then I'll reclass him to his orginial class back (which should be possible I hope).

I see.

He definitely needs HP, strength and defense.

Why are stat drinks exactly bad? I thought they're like status boots, only with the diffence that they'll work for only one chapter. They cost like nothing.

No one except for Beruka and Arthur has the required weapon level to use brave weapons.

A silver weapon is as powerful as two brave attacks and more accuracte, so I'll go for them.

Actually the four strongest characters are the three fliers (Beruka, Camilla, Percy) and Xander.

Arthur as a berserker is pretty good too. As for the other two I still have to think.

There's nothing bad about stat drinks, I just don't like them as a concept, call me weird and picky... I only really said that so you would know that I don't have very much experience in using them, cause I never use them... If you have even more money left after you're done go nuts...

Also unless you have a lot of bow breaker that's not good to have your only good units be your fliers. Okay so you have Corrin, Arthur, and Xander. For Xander pairup Bot preferably pick whoever you has the best support rank with but Effie, or Niles would probably be best. You can just use your Best flyer to deliver the finishing blow so you don't have to worry about him killing you if he still has health left.

Edited by Locke087

Just a question: How to make Corrin a sorcerer?

I can reclass him only to a sniper or a kinshi-knight.

Have him marry Nyx/ Odin, or have him get to an A support with someone as dark mage as base class, ie Nyx or Odin, then use a partner seal/friendship seal.

^ That's the answer I was feared.

Corrin married Felicia who's still a maid.

The only contender for a sorcerer would be Niles because he has high magic. He's level 13 too so it'd be possible to let him learn bow breaker.

You can still get an A support with Odin and to get it as well.... Unless Odin's dead you're still good...

Edited by Locke087

Odin's alive... but level 7 first tier.

And Nyx died in chapter 24.

In this run I only used a few units because I noticed experience sharing isn't really recommended in Conquest. Otherwise my units tend to be underleveled (which some units still are).

And I found that increasing support levels takes very much time. The first of two marriages happened after chapter 23.

The only pairings are Corrin x Felicia and Arthur x Beruka.

Corrin's daughter died btw.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Oh did you know you can support grind in my castle battles? Just put Corrin and Odin and in a couple my-castle battles and you be at A in no time, and while you're doing that if you just so happen to find bow breaker to buy you can skip the whole thing. Unless you don't have Wi-Fi in which case no bow breaker but you should be okay regardless....

You don't need Bowbreaker to fight the final boss; Yato already has WTA. Just stack your atk high enough to orko him (IIRC in normal he only has 60 hp, so it's a lot more manageable)

I used a dread scroll to get aggressor to hit 33x2 in Lunatic (str tonic, Gunther pairup, aggressor) with a max str dread fighter with str asset and 2 str statue (Corn herself and Effie), so i had ~38 str before pairups. That setup ORKOs with one Dragon Fang proc. If you can't oneround the final boss, I'm not sure what the priority of attack is, but none of your deaths in final actually saves anyway if you don't mind that and you should be able to finish him on enemy phase. If you really don't have the attack power, it's possible to get a second bosskiller down there, though since it's normal it might not be awful to play through final the long way anyway.

*i haven't actually played normal to know firsthand

**if you have a berserker, Rally Str is also good for final. I didn't have anyone with rally str because I did conquest sorta blind

Edited by Thor Odinson

No Infinite Entrap on Normal, so just work your way up and defeat the boss on the first part. Beware the generic soldiers and merchant, though, they can make your life hell.

For the other part of endgame. . .have Xander pair up with Beruka/Percy (assuming they're still Wyvern Lords), and he'll be able to tank most of the physical hits. You'll want to move at a brisk pace, and activate the dragon veins once you see the boss glow (and then make sure that you're not next to the left/right walls). Be careful of the maid and other staff guy on the way to the boss. If you can't ORKO the boss, kill these enemies.

So, how to take out the boss? As long as Corrin isn't doubled/shows any sort of significant crit chance (if in doubt, buy a Luck Tonic to use on the prep screen of the second map), and the boss isn't glowing, leave him in range of the boss, and end your turn. Dragonic Hex will kick in, making the boss softer. Xander should be able to dish out a good amount of hurt without going down.

Lastly, don't worry about killing your units on the second map. Once the credits roll, they'll be right back in your army (think Awakening and the final stage, that's how the save system works). This also means you can spam your stat boosters, and they'll be back in inventory once you finish the game.

If you've been visiting/battling in other castles, see if you can pick up the Dual weapons. A Dual Katana will make life slightly easier against the ninja you'll face on the second map (who, oddly enough, was the biggest threat to my army).

EDIT: And to add to the above post, Rally Defense is helpful if you can use it. Oh, and don't freak out TOO much. If an army consisting of Corrin, Niles, and a bunch of generics can beat the game on Normal, you can too!

Edited by eclipse

Alright, thanks for your help!

Completed 27 which was easy thanks to Selena's axebreaker.

It took me a few turns but I didn't want to use other units because of Garon's sun. Corrin gave him the final blow like it had to be.

I'm going to play 28 later because I'm going to stream it for a few people I promised it.

Corrin has capped luck now and got a bit defense. His strength is still mediocre but energy drops and the power portion shall fix it.

Niles for being a sorcerer has bowbreaker now but it won't help him at all. Takumi still has about 60% hitrate against him and can oneshot him thanks to his awful HP. (using status items on other units)

I have three wyvern lords and Xander to pair up with Corrin, Elise, Arthur and Selena/Effie. Using defense rally in turn 1 is guaranteed.

Since Arthur is a berserker he can do a strength rally and theoretically oneshot Takumi with a crit. I'll remove his fortune from him though.

Ok, beaten the endgame but it became a little massacre (Elise, Leo, Azura and Percy died).

Lost four units because reinforcements caught me up.

Could beat him in turn 3.

Arthur could oneround Takumi with a crit which he didn't unfortunately so I had to use two other pairings.

Literally with my last possible attacking unit in the person of Corrin I could beat him.

PS: I totally forgot to give the status drinks to my units in the battle preparations.

This thread can be locked now.