Zelda U E3 Predictions - Call it Before It Happens

Captain Karnage

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to comment on the voice acting during the trailer? Does this mean that characters will actually have fully voiced lines in this game?

During the live show the voice was heard during gameplay and Link talked to an NPC whose dialogue wasn't voiced. It seems like there will indeed be voice acting for important characters/scenes.

Not sure if if you guys picked it up or already knew it, but Ganon is confirmed. I'm glad we're not seeing Demise again, that's for sure. Probably means it takes place after Skyward Sword.

I hope there's more of a story to this game than just defeating him. With any luck, we'll be seeing some of Wind Waker Ganondorf in him.

Not sure if if you guys picked it up or already knew it, but Ganon is confirmed. I'm glad we're not seeing Demise again, that's for sure. Probably means it takes place after Skyward Sword.

every game takes place after Skyward Sword, it's the ultimate prequil to the entire franchise

I've never understood why Link can't be a girl. There are many different versions of him, and all they have in common is supposedly "the spirit of a hero". I mean the guy's name is even supposed to mean the link between the player and the game. I know a lot of people's reaction is "do you want them to make a female Mario?!", but that's an entirely different character and premise.

Where did it say that?

Oman Ja, a monk in one of the shrines, said Link was supposed to defeat Garon.

Where did it say that?

In a shrine, the spirit noted that they needed a hero to combat Ganon.
I legit don't see why people consider this a big deal. Edited by Glaceon Mage

I've never understood why Link can't be a girl. There are many different versions of him, and all they have in common is supposedly "the spirit of a hero". I mean the guy's name is even supposed to mean the link between the player and the game. I know a lot of people's reaction is "do you want them to make a female Mario?!", but that's an entirely different character and premise.

I guess they're using the old ubisoft excuse. Though if it's their artistic vision let it be.

I'm looking forward to Gamexplain's 78 hour disscusion on every pixel in the game.

Edited by Captain Karnage

However, instead of entertaining the idea of the player being able to choose the hero Link's gender, Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character. "We thought about it," said Aonuma, "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."

This idea was ultimately rejected, because according to Aonuma "...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup."

Dammit, Nintendo, if Zelda's the hero, Link can be the prince!

Or Link and Zelda can fight together!

[/gestures at Hyrule Warriors]

Man, I'm a little bummed.

I love Link dearly, but how cool would it be for a main-series game where Zelda is the playable protagonist? I'd love it.

Man, I'm a little bummed.

how cool would it be for a main-series game where Zelda is the playable protagonist? I'd love it.

Yeah, that would be great and made this the best Zelda game ever , but oh well. Maybe next time.

After seeing the first true trailer for Breath of the Wild my body is soooooooo ready! The new changes that they have made to the game just speak to me in a special way no other Zelda game has, it's just so different in a way that makes me very interested in playing the game for myself, the lack of an exposition dump probably helped in that regard. Hopefully I can get into this game as blindly as I can to truly feel that sense mystery and discovery the game has going for it as I play.