Anime & Manga

Raven

yeah i'll look into those. FFoF says Air is good. I'll watch it after Bleach

I was gonna watch it anyways but that re-assures me.

Perhaps you would be willing to share?

Congrats on 200th post in the most awesome thread ever Wist! Also, yes do share Burger King.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in the middle of episode 16 of Bleach.... the fucking internet reset and i have to load the episodes ALL over again.... it's pretty good though

Someone should, like, put it in the suggestions thing or something. Fourth Fox, you do it. It was your idea.

I'm neglecting Cromartie High School again, this time to watch Clannad. I'm done with episode 6. Episode 5 (I think that's which one it was) was really funny. "Sometimes 'it' falls off"

I've completed 11 episodes of Clannad so far and it's really funny but that one thing that happened was sad.

~Warning: Kanon AND Clannad spoilers below~

She caught Ayu syndrome

i just began watching the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, and i'm loving it!!!!!

however, i'm a bit confused about the episodes...

should i watch them in chronological order or in the order they were released?

Eh, I watched them in chronological order and it makes more sense, for example in broadcast order they split up 2 episodes that happen in the same time period, and it's a 2 part episode. Also, in chronological order the last episode is boring and the high point of the series is episode 6.

Just finished Clannad (yes, including the special) and during the special I face palmed so much I believe my face is red. I can't wait for Clannad: After Story though. The preview for it at the end of the special made it looked... well... weird.

Edit: Watched the first episode of Air, it's weird so far.

Edit Edit: Wow. Clannad just finished airing less than 2 months ago? I didn't know that.

Just finished Clannad (yes, including the special) and during the special I face palmed so much I believe my face is red. I can't wait for Clannad: After Story though. The preview for it at the end of the special made it looked... well... weird.

Edit: Watched the first episode of Air, it's weird so far.

Edit Edit: Wow. Clannad just finished airing less than 2 months ago? I didn't know that.

There is a CLannad movie too, if that's what you meant by "After Story".

There is a CLannad movie too, if that's what you meant by "After Story".

The Clannad movie is the same story except made by a different company and makes important characters from the game unimportant. Clannad: After Story is a "second season" that's currently in development. Watch after the credits of the special and there'll be a preview for it.

The Clannad movie is the same story except made by a different company and makes important characters from the game unimportant. Clannad: After Story is a "second season" that's currently in development. Watch after the credits of the special and there'll be a preview for it.

If the same happens in After Story as it did at the end of the movie, I will not be very happy...

I finished Air TV and it was great but....I didn't entirely get the ending. I mean,

what exactly happened to Yukito and Misuzu

?

EDIT: Clannad is next on my list.

My all-time favorite anime is Tekkon Kinkreet/ Tekkonkinkreet. It's very different from typical anime. It's got action, it's got drama.

Art-wise, it is top notch; the animation is fluid, and the backgrounds very detailed and alive. However, the characters are NOT pretty/ handsome/ etc, so some people might not like that. I didn't mind it, personally.

Story-wise... again, top notch, and again, not for everyone. It starts out almost normal, then becomes more and more surreal as the movie progresses. Towards the end, it's almost all symbolic (nothing overly pretentious, though). My cousin who watched it with me compared it to EVA. Although EVA and Tekkon are very different from each other, I can kind of see where he's coming from.

Oh, and the English dub is actually good. @_@ I watched it first in Japanese, then in English. They're both great -- in fact, there are some parts of the film where I actually prefer the English dub.

I second for the Anime/Manga subforum.... this is getting too long

and it would be good for me to go though each section to see what's up in every anime

I watched a first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and I was like WTF?! This is just bad. I don't even want to go any further. I will never get those 20 minutes of my life back from watching that crappy anime. Duelling on motorcycle. That is like the gayest thing I've ever saw. Dear God, I ever regret watching that show. >:|

I watched a first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and I was like WTF?! This is just bad. I don't even want to go any further. I will never get those 20 minutes of my life back from watching that crappy anime. Duelling on motorcycle. That is like the gayest thing I've ever saw. Dear God, I ever regret watching that show. >:|

you even watched yugioh?

that show is an insult to all things anime...

Yu-Gi-Oh!? A disgrace? No way. Now GX and 5Ds are disgraces. But Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters and the original Yu-Gi-Oh! (never aired in the U.S. due to being extremely violent)

Also, don't use that whole Shadow Realm thing because while there IS an alternate dimension in Yu-Gi-Oh! 4Kids just used that alternate dimension to censor real deaths. 4Kids is the root of all evil.

i'm sorry, but i never enjoyed the anime....

i actually like the manga before they got into the battling cards part....

after that, it got bleh.