Anime & Manga

Raven

I got some updated pictures of the family anime collection. And yes, we've braved through all of them that aren't turned 90 degrees (those are the ones we still need to watch)

*pics*

If you had a copious ammount of anime figurines that collection would be guarenteed an appareance in the Shelf obsessed section of the anime news network shelf life column.

By the way not sure if anyone noticed this but most of those shelves are double layered...as behind the DVDs are yet more DVDs. Personally, I want to avoid that happening but when I look at my mothers bookshelf it is going to happen :( (books are an inconsitant size but wherever possible, keeping the stuff in thge same genres the shelves are doubled layered...also the top off the bookshelf has a stack of titles). At least I can explain the whole piles of unplayed games and unwatched anime as inherited from my mother and she has the cheek to tell me it is getting obsessional :(

As far as my anime collection goes it is all over the place and not very big but i'm trying though I won't get my wallet assaulted by paying £80 for a series or £20 for a movie (up to £40 for the series and up to £10 for the movie are my upper limits)*. As far as the download side goes. I'm past the 500GB milestone (bearly). :lol:Easier to do these days with episodes weighting at 350MB

*-I don't like how the industry is in my country but buying nothing makes me part of the problem. Buying some at the right price though sends the correct message. Also my upper limits are pretty series depandant 13 episodes worth less than 26 that kinda thing

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just watched 4 episodes of Ah! My Goddess and it's pretty damn awesome. I'll be sure to keep up on this one.

Veoh has decided to kill Clannad, so I'll be wanting to get into something else. Can you provide me with a link to this Ah! My Goddess? I've heard it being talked about quite alot.

Veoh has decided to kill Clannad, so I'll be wanting to get into something else. Can you provide me with a link to this Ah! My Goddess? I've heard it being talked about quite alot.

Do you want it dubbed or subbed? This is all the dub episodes.

O_O Jesus Christ Rei, do you like own a store or something? Because that's a huge loads of Anime collections you got there man...

No, he has a father who is into it :D

family anime collection

I take it we don't want to see the VHS collection or that was disposed of a long long time ago :(

Hmm anime I've been watching recently I'm on a Rie Kugimiya craze Rosario + Vampire: Capu2, Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, Toradora! , and Mnemosyne.

Oh and I'm watching Kannagi and To Aru Majutsu no Index

I've just watched 4 episodes of Ah! My Goddess and it's pretty damn awesome. I'll be sure to keep up on this one.

Have you read the manga of Ah! My Goddess?

To tell the truth, I have just started to watch this serie's anime. Hope it's ending is not lame like the manga.

I've seen the first two episodes of Ah! My Goddess, and it's pretty damn good so far. Funny as well, I laughed at quite a few points within the second episode alone.

I've seen all of Ah! Megami sama, Oh! My goddess, Mini-Goddess, etc. It was one of the first series I got in to. I can play Belldandy's song from the Movie on trumpet and flute. I definitely like the old opening sequence over the newer one :/

In other news. I want my own Banpei <3

21mex4j.jpg

Edited by Rei

Rei......shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

So I've watched the first 21 episodes of RahXephon. Before I start, has anyone here seen it?

I've seen all the anime, and while I have the OVA and the Movie, I've not seen them.

Please don't tell me you hate it :(

Eh. I never could get into it. It never caught on for me.

Also, Rei, you need to give me that box set of Nadesico you have in that awesome collection. I've been wanting to watch it and our local store is out of copies. Purty please? :D

I've seen all the anime, and while I have the OVA and the Movie, I've not seen them.

Please don't tell me you hate it :(

Eh. I never could get into it. It never caught on for me.

Also, Rei, you need to give me that box set of Nadesico you have in that awesome collection. I've been wanting to watch it and our local store is out of copies. Purty please? :D

No, too busy going on how awesome Gekiganger 3 is <3333.

I've seen all of Ah! Megami sama, Oh! My goddess, Mini-Goddess, etc. It was one of the first series I got in to. I can play Belldandy's song from the Movie on trumpet and flute. I definitely like the old opening sequence over the newer one :/

In other news. I want my own Banpei <3

21mex4j.jpg

Oh...no, for me, that robot is kinda annoying! Poor Keiichi, he doesnt have a chance against Banpei.

I'd like to watch Ah! My Goddess, but my damn internet and that Megavideo shit is preventing me from. Anyone know a site where I can watch them in ENGLISH and that doesn't have them on megavideo?

Edited by CGV

I also would like a complete series of Nadesico for you see I only have volumes 2-6 of the DVDs as thats all the store had (it was kind of annoying buying the DVDs then having to wait 3 days to download the first episodes :( ). The discs are now out of print and ADV UK are basically on their death bed (their UK officies basically shut, they're just run from America now) and I think they no longer own the liscence to the show :( but if the move comes with boxset...you can keep it :P Lets mark a dark movie to a light hearted series...lets also make it so to fully understand it you need to read a few novels and play a dreambast game all of which never came out in English. I suppose its a bit of Nadesico equivilent of Chrono Cross in that respect...

It is worth noting the Nadesico manga completely is different to the anime. Personally, the anime is better as I don't recall any Gekiganger 3 in the manga that isn't all. The biggest difference I recall is the jovians (I hope I got that right :( )

are humans from another dimension that is being destroyed hence them invading "our" dimension.

Christmas should be good as I'll finally be getting the critically acclaimed Samurai X - Trust and Betrayal (I guess Rurouni Kenshin sounds too Japanese but the word Samurai is fine...as for X it sounds coolers), Tokyo Godfathers and Barefoot Gen (though it seems you can only get this as a double pack and I'm not sure if the sequel is canon :( , I really hope Barefoot Gen makes an imapact on me as Grave of the fireflies* while despressing didn't drive me to tears)

*-IIRC Cinemas in Japan showed this with a double feature and what better film to pair with a despressing story...why My Neighbour Totoro :lol:

I'd like to watch Ah! My Goddess, but my damn internet and that Megavideo shit is preventing me from. Anyone know a site where I can watch them in ENGLISH and that doesn't have them on megavideo?

eww... The english voices *cringe*

Currently on Ep16. I'll agree the Megavideo is very unreliable. It works half the time, but other times, I'm restricted for a while because I've "Watched 72 minutes of video", or I just get a general black screen stating there's a connection problem. But, it's working right now, so... Bye bye.

Go to clip.vn then search the keywork "my goddess". English sub version is there. If you wanna download, reg a nick or use IDM.

Oh, the seiyuu in this anime have done a good job. But what make this anime awesome is characters's personality still as same asthe manga's. And Bell's face, á...so cute.

Keiichi trap!

645eh9e4vyjzrtgamuxl.jpg

Edited by Sol