Who is the most STRONK character in Fire Emblem?

SEVA

As a combat-based game series featuring mainly soldiers, of course Fire Emblem stars a cast of strong men and women. But, of course, some of them have more muscle mass than others. So, which one do you think takes the cake as the strongest?

Of course there is a stat literally called 'strength' in the games, but I see it more as a measure of how damaging your attacks are. And that depends on a number of things, such as your grip, your stance and balance, your striking technique, knowing where to aim, etc., not just how much you lift. And besides, the value of the stat has not been consistent throughout the series.

So, who do you think has the most sheer physical strength among the men and the women of Fire Emblem? And while we're at it, who's the weakest man and the weakest woman?

Note: Characters who have a non-humanoid transformation, such as Laguz, only count in their humanoid form. Otherwise of course the giant dragons are going to beat everyone.

(Apologies if there's already a topic like this.)

For male units I'd say Largo and Mordecai (man he doesn't even fit the screen). However there's also Caineghis, TibABS and Dheginsea which are all bulky and STRONK.

For women I'd say maybe Rinkah and Titania. Although there's also Nailah.

For weakest uh, Hayato/Ricken and Ilyana.

Edit: Elie for best response GG

Edited by Quintessence

On a serious note I'd say Largo for male, based on PoR Ch25 Base Conversation:

Calill

Oh... He's such a clown. But you made a good hire. After all, he's a world-class--

Ike

Berserker. Yeah, I heard.

Calill

He pinned a tiger with his bare hands! Two of them, actually. At the same time.

Largo

Bwa ha ha ha haaaaa! Yeah, that was awesome!

Ike

...Definitely dubious...

I think he can pin both Mordecai and Muarim at the same time!

That's why I mentioned Largo too. Though, only PoR Largo, because by the time RD rolls around, he lost his arm in some unknown incident, which would definitely cut his strength down.

I like how most of the responses have been PoR/RD characters so far XD

But I'm going to have to agree with them. RD Ike, Mordecai, Caineghis.. Tellius is full of strong characters.

And let's not forget that Gregor once had to sow his severed leg back on!

Weakest... A good majority of the Pegasus Knights, I believe. They can hold their own when on their pegasus, but on foot, not much.

I think transformed Laguz/Beasts are on another level so I won't consider them.

If we're talking raw strength, then I think a lot of the axe-wielding dudes across the series like Bartre, Gonzales, Galzus, Garret, Geitz, Vaike, FE9 Largo, Boyd, could give FE10 Ike a run for his money. Like for example, while I'm sure Ike could beat all of them in a traditional duel with weapons, put Gonzales and Ike to arm-wrestle each other and Gonzales would probably win without even trying.

Somebody please draw a fanart of that.

Edited by Jave

Well, Tellius is sometimes called "steroid land" for a reason. They got a lot of muscleheads, but that's not to discount the other continents (mostly axefighters).

Guess Tellius wanted to stop making a trend of making no muscle pretty boys as capable or even more capable than muscly bodybuilders. Then again we did go back to it once this steroid land ended so maybe this was the time for muscles to truly shine.

I wouldn't even say that the Tellius characters are anymore built than those from other sagas. Compare Boyd or Nolan to Bartre or Garcia and they're not winning any body building competitions. It's really only the laguz that stick out for obvious reasons.

Maybe, but on the other hand dragon laguz are built

200px-FEPR_Red_Dragon.png

Note: Characters who have a non-humanoid transformation, such as Laguz, only count in their humanoid form. Otherwise of course the giant dragons are going to beat everyone.

Shoutouts to steroid land

Edited by Soul~!

Deirdre. Why? It's simple, really.

-She carries a 20Wt tome wherever she goes.

-She fights w/said tome w/o using an Str stat to buffer her AS like the Tellius wimps.

-She does it in robes, which probably makes lifting it and walking around in the middle of a battlefield even harder.

QED

Strongest playable man: So many Warrior/Berserker types could fit this, so I'll just throw one to Hawkeye and dem abs

Strongest playable woman: Effie, if Fates' support conversations are any indication

Strongest non-playable man: I'm gonna be unusual and pick Linus Reed (even though I like his brother better)

Strongest non-playable woman: (geez, there aren't many to choose from) Um... would Ashera be cheating?

Weakest playable boy: was gonna say Nils, but then I remembered his moment of BAMFery at the Dragon's gate, so... Elphin

Weakest playable girl: probably Nino, much as I enjoy her as a character, considering her atrocious Con

Weakest non-playable boy: that generic villager who gets eaten by spiders in Sacred Stones

Weakest non-playable girl: that other generic villager who gets eaten by spiders in Sacred Stones

I fell like the strongest man would be Gonzales or Dozla.. although Mordecai's human portrait is huge, even if we assumed he couldn't transform. I'm just thinking of strength in terms of "arm wrestling potential" so I don't think the likes of boyd, vaike, zelgius, gregor, etc would be up there with the largest hulking men.

Taking Dozla because I kind of get the impression that he has a low center of gravity as if he were a short/stocky like a dwarf, even though all the evidence points to him be as large as the other berserkers..

For women, Flavia, Wendy, and Titania are the natural contenders. I think Vaida and Isadora actually have larger builds than most women as well although I'm not sure I can overcome the bias against them due to gameplay reasons.

Personally I think I'll just go with Titania.

Weakest is hard, pretty much most child soldiers(as in rolf, neimi, and nontransformed fa, NOT the teenaged child characters of awakening/fates) Also the portraits for the GBA peagus knights are ridiculous and make them MUCH slimmer than the archers and mages. And then most bishops and clerics. I hate JRPG healbot archetype, I want manly holy men like Friar Tuck and Sagacious Lu.

I'll take Ricken for male and then Tate for female. I just can't get over her portrait, I think the likes of Natasha and noire could overpower her. It's very much a wet noodle fight though...

ctrl + f Marty

no results

Does anyone else here have an insane amount of Build and Defense at the cost of everything else? Marty is so strong that he literally has no speed, skill, or resistance. Now that is some pure strength.

-She carries a 20Wt tome wherever she goes.

This falls apart when you stop to ask how much 1 Wt is. It's never really established.

Unless a particular book is bound in lead v s leather, a book is a book is a book. I have always translated those cons a how long it takes to chant the spell.

At any rate, 1 Wt would be an interesting conversation to have.