Super Robot Wars V Coming in 2017! (Thoughts)

Jaoenkatsu

Hell if we want to talk about human-sized things doings things in srw, we have bonta-kun, jack smith, the iczers, tekkaman, orgun, and Vega, who rides a motorcycle.

As for the V line up, I disliked the really old games for being so UC gundam-centric, and now they go again and make a game where most of the UC continuity is included. In general I would also like to see Ideon have another outing, but I guess that will just never happen.

I've played SRWF and there are scenes that the human Domon destroys a 20-30m height mech with his barehand.

So either mecha or not, it's weird.

That's not weird! It's totally in line with G Gundam continuity!

I've played SRWF and there are scenes that the human Domon destroys a 20-30m height mech with his barehand.

Ha, I remember those moments. G gundam is a mixed bag for me. As long as you don't apply logic or common sense to it, it's one heck of a ride.

Point out the genius who put a horse in control of a giant robot. He's getting a raise.

As for the V line up, I disliked the really old games for being so UC gundam-centric, and now they go again and make a game where most of the UC continuity is included. In general I would also like to see Ideon have another outing, but I guess that will just never happen.

Do you not like UC Gundam? It IS the origin of the series and all other Gundam shows are just Spinoffs. As for Ideon, are we talking SRWF or Alpha 3 Ideon? But that doesn't matter since its overpowered at max ide gauge.

What do you guys think of the current battle orientations compared to past ones? I still think Alpha 3 had the best animations out of any non-og game.

Lets compare Berserk Eva-01 attacks:

Z3

3:00Looks more like they were trying be flashy rather than recreate an actual mutilation.

Alpha 3

Don't tell me that doesn't disturb you.

RIP Buster Gundam

Edited by Jaoenkatsu

SRW have literally added ShinChan and Keroro in the damn thing. They can excuse themselves for anything at this point

And that won't stop me from liking the series. At all. The only reason i stopped playing SRW is because of 3DS region lock. I'm actually happy ShinChan got into SRW since its one of the most iconic child show around here

Edited by JSND

Hah, that was only the beginning.

Alpha would have Alberto the Shockwave from Giant Robo fighting the Third Angel Sachiel on foot as well. (It was a draw, but still...)

But when it comes to fighting without a mecha, the pinnacle of it was... this...

Actual non-mecha fights, courtesy of Alberto, Domon, and Master Asia. How about that.

In my opinion, considering the long break that UC took, I don't mind that it's back here. Besides, it might look they'll be focusing on Unicorn now for future UC appearance. And with Crossbone Gundam appearing again in this game, it's not like UC will be the same pre-J.

Oh yes, I would like it if Ideon were to be back. I was kinda hoping for Z3 back then, since after FF and Alpha 3, I was thinking Ideon would make another "last-game in a saga" appearance.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, that was certainly true back then. UC Gundam was the codifier of the Real Robot sub-genre, and compared to Mazinger and Getter Robo, it had a much more varied selection of mechas and characters. So that's why it would take the lion's share of the roster.

But yeah, one factor was the fact they used more than one UC Gundam work at the time. Most of the time anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

brave express might gaine is cool, but it angers me for not being KING OF BRAVES GAOGAIGAR

altho i'm hype for more getter robo armageddon

Edited by CT075

• 4 months later...

What I'm MOST Hyped about from this PV... is the inclusion of Uchuu Senkan Yamato.

Now that we have precedent for ship-only mechaless series...

When can we have our Legend of the Galactic Heroes in SRW please? :D