Why do people hate Awakening's story?

I don't know, Zelda did an avatar protagonist excellently with several amazing stories; Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword in particular. Then again, Zelda is not Fire Emblem, so it might not be possible to do what Zelda did in an FE game.

True, the Zelda games did have good stories so maybe it just depends.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, Zelda did an avatar protagonist excellently with several amazing stories; Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword in particular. Then again, Zelda is not Fire Emblem, so it might not be possible to do what Zelda did in an FE game.

Link doesn't talk, and I really don't think Zelda stories are as complex as Fire Emblem.

i wouldn't call the recent fire emblem's plots to be "complex"

play the zero escape series if you want actual "complexity" and decently done time travel shit.

It's not that the plots of modern fire emblem are complex (because they're not) it's that they're MORE complex at least than the Zelda stories. But as fates and awakening show, some complexity=/=a good story.

Edited by Dinar87

It's not that the plots of modern fire emblem are complex (because they're not) it's that they're MORE complex at least than the Zelda stories. But as fates and awakening show, some complexity=/=a good story.

true enough on that.

it all matters how its executed and presented, something that zelda's rather basic stories seem to excel at far greater then emblem's.

i do wanna say that the more simpler something is, the harder to screw it up, like Mac and Cheese is much easier to create then making a huge five course dinner for a table of four.

maybe fire emblem should take its scale backwards if they can't handle even baking a cake.

true enough on that.

it all matters how its executed and presented, something that zelda's rather basic stories seem to excel at far greater then emblem's.

i do wanna say that the more simpler something is, the harder to screw it up, like Mac and Cheese is much easier to create then making a huge five course dinner for a table of four.

maybe fire emblem should take its scale backwards if they can't handle even baking a cake.

It's a shame too because fire emblem used to be able to cook one five star meal one after the other...now it can't even preheat a pizza! While the dish 'Telliusirini' was flawed it still had far better quality ingredients and overall tasted better than the 'Awakenirini' and 'Conquestirini' dishes.

i wouldn't call the recent fire emblem's plots to be "complex"

play the zero escape series if you want actual "complexity" and decently done time travel shit.

As much as I love the Zero Escape series, those games are filled with "For this plot point to work, just ignore all this stupid BS that makes no sense whatsoever".

Edited by Jave

I don't, actually. Maybe the Valm ark feels a bit like a side-quest compared to the main "keep Chrom and MU alive and make them kill Grima" of the rest of the game, but I think the plot is generally good, specifically for how the children are included.

Now, if only the characters weren't mostly flanderized and the children weren't so OP compared to everyone else...