Top Five Favorite and Bottom Five Least Favorite Pokemon

Sunwoo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's partially the fans, partially the fact that they're overly pandered to (Charizard did not need 2 Mega Evolutions, for example) and partly the fact I find it to be very boring design wise. It's a normal looking Western Dragon. And?

I'm mostly just sick of it.

I dislike Charizard having 2 Megas as well, but I hold that more against Mega Evolution rather than Charizard. Mega Evolution as a whole was kinda fanservicey.

Also it's Gen 1, give them come credit. It's better than "Pokeball with eyes" and "Literally a pile of eggs". Would you rather have the Gorilla with a baseball cap instead?

Capsule_Monsters_Godzillante_Gorillaimo.Yes this is a legit picture. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_unused_Pok%C3%A9mon_and_character_designs

Top 5

1. Drifblim: My very first shiny Pokemon and his unburden + weakness policy combo made him quite the powerhouse on my online team. Design and typing is cool too.

2. Alakazam: The original psychic powerhouse.

3. Male Meostick: Looks cute, decent pokemon and a psychic type.

4. Honchkrow: I like crows and Honchkrow pulls the look of pretty well.

5. Mamoswine: I dismissed it as ugly as first, but its sheer power won me over when I tried to use it.

Bottom 5

1. Talonflame: I got more then a little annoyed after the millionth time I got a priority brave bird in my face.

2. Braixen: A tsundere witch pokemon is fine, but I expected less of that and more of a cool sorceror mage pokemon in the Delphox line.

3. Elemental monkeys: They bore me.

4. Barbacle: I'm not really fond of the design.

5. Ambipom: It just looks ugly.

Edited by Sasori

• 2 weeks later...

Top 5

1. Togekiss- Adorable and kicks ass in the metagame. Amazing movesets and strategies you can use with this fella.
2. Gyarados- If a non-pokemon fan or someone who only knows the original 151 asked me who my favourite is, it would be this guy. Love the design, mythology, power, decent Mega Evolution and fanbase is tolerable.
3. Infernape- My favourite starter pokemon, awesome moveset, design and is more of a badass than Charizard.

4. Kingdra: This guy is fabulous, I still have my 6iv one that was a MVP in the Super Triple Battle Tournament in the Battle Maison. It's a pain in the ass to evolve if you don't have an extra 3DS or local friends but it's so worth it.
5. Garchomp: My favourite pseudo legendary. A threat in online battles, mega is very good and I even own a plushie of him as well :)

Bottom 5

Purugly- It's cry sounds like nails on a chalkboard. The name alone sounds like the designers gave up on creating this mess and Mars' Purugly in Gen 4 early game can go to hell.
Wormadam Evolution Line- Why does this exist?

Sudowoodo- The definition of a gimmick Pokemon, it's only purpose is to be a barricade. It's pre evolution is cute though.
Seaking: Boring and forgettable.
Avalugg: Just looking at this pokemon makes me feel sad, a great tank only to be crippled by it's poor typing.