Class Exclusive Weapons

Jotari

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like/want Class exclusive weapons?

• Yay
    • Nay

The Wao Dao appears in some games and commonly it's a weapon only Myrmidon's and Sword Master can use. Awakening made it so only Archers and Snipers could use the Long Bow too. Do you like the idea of certain weapons being unique to certain classes, and if so what exclusive weapons might you like to see for some other classes. On one hand it does add a bit more character to the classes, on the other it might be considered an annoying limitation that only hinders the player (imagine if Killing Edge was entirely locked out of non Myrmidon classes, that would kind of suck).

Edited by Jotari

I like the idea but I wish the roles were expanded more. Not just Wo Dao and Longbow, but more weapons. Maybe one for every weapon type. From a historical standpoint the "larger" weapons should be locked to infantry, i.e. we shouldn't see cavalry carrying a massive battleaxe into battle as they wouldn't be able to use it properly.

No, it sucks. Horsemen in FE11 missed out on being able to chip by not being able to use Longbows.

Longbows, historically, though, were an infantryman's weapon.

No, it sucks. Horsemen in FE11 missed out on being able to chip by not being able to use Longbows.

Oh? Was the longbow class locked as early as Shadow Dragon? My primary archers in that game are usuallyuseuallyWarriors and Generals. I don't recall using longbows much but I'm sure I used them once or twice.

Yes, because it also adds more usefulness to class like Sword Master, who are locked to one weapon. And yes, I know that these classes have a crit. Bonus, but I always feel like this crit. bonus doesn't even exist, since they will continue to have low crit. Rate, except in Fates e FE6

Yes, I think it is nice because it adds diversity to classes, each class is unique to a certain extent. I would like if infantry classes have access to regular weapons and mounted units have access to the same weapons but in a bigger version, like Paladins instead of using swords they use iron, steel and silver blades and their derivatives, Lance Paladins and Pegs use great lances while Soldiers use regular spears, Wyverns use pole axes and fighters use standard axes, and so on. But each type of weapon have their (class) slaying weapons, killers, etc.

I wouldn't mind if they did away with the S ranked weapons and just gave the single weapon users unique weapons they could use at earlier ranks.

Oh? Was the longbow class locked as early as Shadow Dragon? My primary archers in that game are usuallyuseuallyWarriors and Generals. I don't recall using longbows much but I'm sure I used them once or twice.

Actually, Longbows were archer-locked in Path of Radiance, too (said game also had the Double Bow, which was only usable by snipers).

Actually, Longbows were archer-locked in Path of Radiance, too (said game also had the Double Bow, which was only usable by snipers).

That just makes me question why they removed the restriction in Radiant Dawn. Glad they did in that case though because 3 range and canto really helps Astrid.

That just makes me question why they removed the restriction in Radiant Dawn. Glad they did in that case though because 3 range and canto really helps Astrid.

...Or it WOULD, if longbows didn't suck in RD.

That just makes me question why they removed the restriction in Radiant Dawn.

Probably because the effect wouldn't do anything on Marksmen.

EDIT: I actually find it weird they made S rank even exist in Fates, the regalia could have been A rank and they would've been a lot more viable since you usually reach S way too late even if you have the WEXP cap for it, it's not like they'd break everything given their drawbacks.

Edited by Gradivus.

I like class-exclusive weapons, but I prefer if they're expanded into class-exclusive sublines. For instance, Bows could include a Longbow Line (Radiant Dawn, for instance, featured multiple longbows) only accessible to archers/Snipers, and a Crossbow Line (1-2 range, but treated like a regular bow otherwise, unlike what RD did) exclusive to another bow-using class (such as a Hunter). A similar system could be used to reintroduce Dark and Light magic.

I like class-exclusive weapons, but I prefer if they're expanded into class-exclusive sublines. For instance, Bows could include a Longbow Line (Radiant Dawn, for instance, featured multiple longbows) only accessible to archers/Snipers, and a Crossbow Line (1-2 range, but treated like a regular bow otherwise, unlike what RD did) exclusive to another bow-using class (such as a Hunter). A similar system could be used to reintroduce Dark and Light magic.

That's almost exactly what they do for Dark Magic in recent games already. Although there is a way you can get around the limitation using a skill with somewhat limited availability.

That's almost exactly what they do for Dark Magic in recent games already. Although there is a way you can get around the limitation using a skill with somewhat limited availability.

The thing is that it's really limited. What are the dark tomes in Fates? Only Nosferatu. Awakening had more though. But it'd be nice if upon locked weapons there's variety.

• 1 month later...