What is the best type of Laguz (besides Dragon)

What is the best type of Laguz (besides Dragon)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best type of Laguz (besides Dragon)

2. 2. Who is your favorite character Laguz

• Lethe (Cat)
    • Lyre (Cat)
    • Ranulf (Cat)
    • Mordecai (Tiger)
    • Kyza (Tiger)
    • Muarim (Tiger)
    • Caineghis (Lion)
    • Skrimir (Lion)
    • Giffca (Lion)
    • Volug (Wolf)
    • Nailah (Wolf)
    • Tibarn (Hawk)
    • Janaff (Hawk)
    • Ulki (Hawk)
    • Naesala (Raven)
    • Vika (Raven)
    • Nealuchi (Raven)
    • Reyson (Heron)
    • Rafiel (Heron)
    • Lehran (Heron)
    • Leanne (Heron)
    • Ena (Red Dragon)
    • Gareth (Red Dragon)
    • Nasir (White Dragon)
    • Kurthnaga (Black Dragon)
    • Dheghinsea (Black Dragon)
    • Almedha (Black Dragon)
    • Rajalon (Black Dragon)

They don't have to be the best in combat, but they also have to the best characters. All I want to know is what is your favorite type of Laguz, beside Dragons because that's what you'd all pick. Also, put your favorite Laguz character.

Voted wolf for best because Volug is just really good in a game where laguz got nerfed (whyyyy).

Ranulf is my fav tho. He is just <3

Going to be the one out of two people who will vote for Kyza. From what little development he had, a base conversation between Lyre, Shinon, Gatrie and him reminded me of a situation where I acted exactly like Kyza trying to keep the situation in check. Shame we couldn't get more out of him or any of the newer characters for that matter.

As for best class, I'll go with the Hawks since I prefer Tibarn over Naesala and the bird tribe's impressive move range and power enough to kill most enemies is something I appreciate even if both can do it.

I think the best type of laguz is the Heron tribe, it is the most useful.

Edit: And my favorite is Naesala. I think he's quite a complex character and both his personality and appearance were appealing to me.

Edited by Quintessence

I said wolves and Volug since dogs>cats and Volug is actually good.

Though, I do like Ranulf and Muarim too.

Other than the obligatory heron vote, went with Lion and Hawk.

Voted wolf for best because Volug is just really good in a game where laguz got nerfed (whyyyy).

Ranulf is my fav tho. He is just <3

I said wolves and Volug since dogs>cats and Volug is actually good.

Though, I do like Ranulf and Muarim too.

Volug is actually good? Because I'm convinced that he's just another unremarkable laguz unit - sure, he pulls his weight in part 1, but late in part 1 and onward, he doesn't really have much going for him other than his massive Hp, and even that isn't much backed by okay-but-not-great defenses. IMHO, aside from the royals, herons and dragons, the only good laguz are Mordecai, Muarim, Skrimir, and the hawks.

As for favorite laguz character, Naesala. Mordecai gets honorable mention.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It's probably just from personal experience that Volug is good, For me, except for one time, he always is good and a common end-game unit I use when I don't use the royal Laguz.

Honestly, as I found myself playing through PoR, I drew an interesting fondness for Lethe, it's strange, but a similar thing happened regarding Soren. Comes off as a really harsh when you meet them but the more you get to know them, the more likable they become (at least to me).

As for species? I said Cat, I've given Lethe the Demi Band and she just doesn't care about that stat drops.

Though thinking about it... I'm playing on easy because of the media launcher having issues...

Regardless, I stand by my choices.

Muarim is my favorite, while I usually like Wolves more, I also have a fondness for Tigers, and my favorite color is green.

Add onto all that with the fact I think Muarim is awesome, and you get a clear winner, Lethe is a close 2nd though.

The Herons all have Multidance utility, so they rocket straight to the top for me. In terms of combat I would say Lions, as the strongest of the Beast Tribes. Hawks are pretty cool, too (don't mind me, just drooling over Tibarn's chest).

For favorite Laguz character, I chose Ranulf. I enjoy his personality and his design, and he seems to fit the "everyman who finds himself at war" model. He's fairly invested in both the Tellius game plots, too (although that has the unfortunate side effect of delaying his availability).

For races, I went with Wolf since they are my favorite race of animal in general

As for the characters themselves, I say Mordecai: he seems to be that kind of person that would become your friend, regardless of the personality you have.