The pairings that I've done in holy war.....so what's my chance of beating the second half?

Harvey

So I'm now in the second half of Holy war starting at ch 6.

These are the ones I've paired before 6.

Azel & Aideen

Brigid & Jamka

Tityu & Claude

Sylvia & Levin

Ayra & Noish

I couldn't pair Fury with someone else.

So do I get that many weak units and am I screwed in the second half?

well...

-you still have access to Holsety, although it'd be late and you'd need to grind a bit first.

-Ayra's kids are extensively hard to screw over. They won't wreck AS MUCH as if they had Holyn for a das but they'll still wreck.

-incidentally, Hawk is one of the better substitute units, and can actually be stronger than Sety with a poor father, so not pairing Fury up isn't horrible.

I have no knowledge or whatnot on the other pairings.

that said you get Aless anyways and he's one of the best units ever so you'll likely be fine.

Honestly, considering you can beat the game even with Subs, its not too detrimental if you do funky pairings, so you should be fine.

I couldn't pair up Fury either in my run.

Femina without continue wasn't that great because she couldn't oneround all the long range magic users.

But it was a minor problem.

Training Corpul is the only real requirement because he joins late and can only get experience by using staves.

Give the elite ring to him (whoever it might have) to promote him early.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Faval, with Jamka as a father, will hit very hard but he will have some problem to hit, but that shouldn't be a real problem, especially if you give him the killer bow and a skill ring.

Yeah. Jamke!Faval has accuracy issues and needs a SKL boost but he will hit hard and he's sturdy, Jamke!Patty is hard to train but can still steal and ferry gold around. Ayra/Noish kids will be just fine. Claude!Arthur will never be able to use his holy weapon. Let us know how Azel!Lester turns out, because I've never tried that.

Oh yeah....forgot to mention one more pairing.

Lachesis & Beowulf

Honestly, considering you can beat the game even with Subs, its not too detrimental if you do funky pairings, so you should be fine.

Ok so if you did pairings that were horrible and you don't get the substitutes, would the game be impossible to beat then?

Edited by Harvey

Ok so if you did pairings that were horrible and you don't get the substitutes, would the game be impossible to beat then?

No. Some child characters are effectively impossible to make truly terrible, and as stated prior you'll attain a handful of extremely competent static characters anyhow.

Let us know how Azel!Lester turns out, because I've never tried that.

I did that on my first run. He was pretty bad, but not actually completely godawful due to the fact that Azel was holding the Paragon Ring at the end of Belhalla, so he at least managed to just stay at "mediocre" strength that doubles everything at 2 range instead of craptacular for most of Gen 2, plus promote somewhat earlier. Doubled EXP really does make even bad units viable.

Lana's mag however was truly something to behold.

Edited by Irysa

Oh yeah....forgot to mention one more pairing.

Lachesis & Beowulf

THat is arguably the best Lachesis pairing (and is actualy the one that many guides recomend for first time players.

I did that on my first run. He was pretty bad, but not actually completely godawful due to the fact that Azel was holding the Paragon Ring at the end of Belhalla, so he at least managed to just stay at "mediocre" strength that doubles everything at 2 range instead of craptacular for most of Gen 2, plus promote somewhat earlier. Doubled EXP really does make even bad units viable.

Lana's mag however was truly something to behold.

I would argue that lana is good enough to make up fpr lack of lester. SHe is by far the most powerfull lana, because she caprams magic and she is fast enough to use elfire when nesesairy

As for ariaX noish, it is actualy really good. Critacle and astra have exelent synergy (especialy because each strike of asta can activate critacle) Latchke gets every multihit skill in the game after promotion.

As for fury's substitutes, make sure to have hawk enter manster for a +3 boost to mag and res, and make femina visit the northwest villages in chapter 9. One of them gives her +3 def. Most of the subs have hidden conversations like this.

I have not intentionaly done the most horrable pairings, but all the best characters (exept the holsety user) are given to you no matter what you do, and the endgame pretty much expects only the best chearachters will be used anyway.

One advantge of your tiltyu pairing is that it makes tinny an excellent healer. Given that you have turned both of your primary healers into competant fighters, an extra healer is usefull.

Edited by sirmola

• 2 weeks later...

With Seliph, Shanan, Aless, and sometimes Oifey you already have enough for the early game... For the Mid-Game and End-Game Leif will join to the Wreck Train with his heavy promotion bonuses and that A Ranks.

Also, is impossible to screw Larcei (she will be pretty much Aira 2.0 with her father's Skills... in fact, the Noish's skill are extremely powerful for her) and Ced (he always will have at least 16 Mag and enough speed to double things that don't are the Pegasus Sisters and access to B Rank Magic/Staves).

Also, Azel!Lana is probably the best Lana... At least Azel!Lester still has Pursuit... Unlike Claude!Lester xDUUU

Edited by Troykv