I need to punch something really hard

ZemZem

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done this GTS trade with yourself before, and there's a less risky way of doing it.

Just do it in reverse.

Instead of depositing the Marowak first, you should have deposited the Feraligatr first as it was the less important of the two.

Or better yet deposit a common Pokemon like Rattata or Zigzagoon first and ask for the Pokemon you're planning to trade.

Edited by Water Mage

All I want is the Thick Club.

1. Get a Pokémon with Thief/Covet
  2. Go to a place where wild Cubone appear
  3. Find a Cubone
  4. Use Thief/Covet
  5. If the Cubone hasn't fainted, then flee, regardless of the results of Thief/Covet (there is no element of randomness to Thief/Covet's success besides whether or not it hits)
  6. If you received a Thick Club, remove it to vacate the Pokémon's held item slot
  7. Repeat until you have as many Thick Clubs as you want

You can do this for any held item that you can only get from wild Pokémon.

Edited by Topaz Light

Bank doesn't store items.

• Get a Pokémon with Thief
  • Go to a place where wild Cubone appear
  • Find a Cubone
  • Use Thief
  • Flee, regardless of the results of Thief (there is no element of randomness to Thief's success besides whether or not it hits)
  • If you received a Thick Club, remove it to vacate the Pokémon's held item slot
  • Repeat until you have as many Thick Clubs as you want

Yeah, no fucking shit. Thank you for enlightening the class on how to use Thief.

Based 5% chance to find that thing.

Yeah, no fucking shit. Thank you for enlightening the class on how to use Thief.

Hey for what it's worth I had no idea how to use it optimally Topaz just gave good advice, in a FFTF thread too

Compound Eyes boosts helditem chances.

also I had a Marowak friend safari which helps a lot because I looked up Cubone's location and told the game to go fuck itself

Compound Eyes boosts helditem chances.

also I had a Marowak friend safari which helps a lot because I looked up Cubone's location and told the game to go fuck itself

So use a Compound eyes +Thief Vivillon?

hmm, maybe I have a Marowak Safari, too

Hey for what it's worth I had no idea how to use it optimally Topaz just gave good advice, in a FFTF thread too

Topaz is awesome since he's not like the others who simply mocked me while I was upset.

So use a Compound eyes +Thief Vivillon?

thatd be smart. nah i used a fainted Joltik as my lead and my Hydreigon i never took Thief off of for the job, it took maybe 10-15 minutes.

wow, don't be a rude bitch to someone actually trying to help tbh

wow, don't be a rude bitch to someone actually trying to help tbh

instead of harassing me and looking 'cool' in front of your posse, maybe you should do something more productive

jesus I don't know you but why exactly are you reacting like this???

Parrhesia had a very logical complaint, I mean, Feraligatr is not a rare Pokemon and thus there's no way to guarantee that someone else wouldn't take Cubone. Especially since Cubone might actually be harder to obtain than a Feraligatr.

Edit: also posse? this isn't a schoolyard

Edited by Enigmar

I mean, Feraligatr is not a rare Pokemon and thus there's no way to guarantee that someone else wouldn't take Cubone. Especially since Cubone might actually be harder to obtain than a Feraligatr.

I'm honestly unsure how to react to this, because generally speaking most people would not trade a fully evolved Pokemon, ESPECIALLY a starter, for a base form pokemon, given the amount of people being idiots on the gts ("6IV Egg Moves" on goddamned everything asking for legendaries or fully evolved OU mons) but on the other hand the fact it had a Thick Club and Nickname probably told someone who just so happened to be looking for a Cubone and happened to have a Feraligatr that it PROBABLY was iv bred.

i dunno mang the gts is dumb, one time i sniped a Shiny Sylveon from someone on there and when I tried to get in touch with him to give it back the first thing he offered was the same goddamned Sylveon it was the most awkward thing ever >~>

instead of harassing me and looking 'cool' in front of your posse, maybe you should do something more productive

lol

Its too bad this happened and I'm sorry, but honestly 5% chance doesn't sound so bad. Is it 5% chance compounded with small rate of poke appearance?

sorta sorta, Cubone's an uncommon encounter in an out-of-the-way place and Marowak is Friend Safari.

lol

Parrhesia, ladies and gentlemen.

Its too bad this happened and I'm sorry, but honestly 5% chance doesn't sound so bad. Is it 5% chance compounded with small rate of poke appearance?

20% with Compound Eyes