Looking for Advice: Close to Finishing Hard/Classic Conquest

StarPrince

I'm at Chapter 22: Sakura, and having a hard time. I'm wondering what tips you can give and what i should look out for towards the home stretch of the game. Here is what I'm working with:

post-19874-0-79461800-1471583074_thumb.jpg

post-19874-0-24289500-1471583144_thumb.jpg

post-19874-0-03417200-1471583158_thumb.jpg

post-19874-0-51063100-1471583170_thumb.jpg

post-19874-0-38352600-1471583181_thumb.jpg

post-19874-0-57118200-1471583189_thumb.jpg

I am kind of Low manning with the Big 3 but I'm also waiting till later to recruit Camilla!Veloura Felicia!Nina, and Effie! Percy who are available right now but i want to have a big high-level crew for the supposedly absurd endgame. When Corrin finally gets S-Rank with Azura I can get Kana and Speed Rallybot Shigure. Siegbert should also be available once Xander S-ranks Charlotte. I also use Haitaka Def rallybot and Felicia and Elise Staffbot. I have used 2 speedwings and an herb on Xander and a seraph robe, two spirit dusts, a talisman, and an herb on corrin. I also plan to build the fire orb and hot springs in my castle as late as possible to get a high level Flora and Izana.

Where should I go from here? I'm getting my ass kicked on the right side of the map with the diviners and pegesus knights. Xander hasn't had a single level up in speed so i should get Shigure soon. What obstacles will screw me over in the coming chapters and who should i recruit at what time? Should I go for any reclasses? have about 4k left and should get 5k if i finally beat this chapter. Thanks for the help.

1. Use an external image hosting site like imgur to post your pics.

2. IIRC, Flora/Izana's level won't really matter, since Izana will be a staffbot at best, and Flora's rather meh at that.

3. Whether you recruit the kids depends on what class you want them to end in. If they will use a weapon other than whatever their default class promotes to ('zerker Velouria is one), get them NOW. Stats are nice, but so are appropriate weapon levels.

4. Do whatever it takes to recruit Shigure before Chapter 23. Camilla should be able to handle the worst of it, but having a backup plan will help.

5. Unless Leo gets a LOT of love (have him go to the left on this map), he's gonna be a liability. Between now and the end, the only place where I feel he has a fighting chance of doing good things offensively is Chapter 24. In Chapter 23 and 25, he'll face massive WTD. Chapter 26 requires either crazy offense or crazy durability, and he's kind of lacking in both. If he can't do things in the chapters I name, he's gonna have serious issues during Endgame. If necessary, reclass Nyx into Dark Knight so that Leo doesn't die to a stiff breeze.

6. Give Corrin a dragonstone in some way, shape, or form - it'll allow him to be an emergency tank, should the situation arise.

7. For the actual chapter, utilize your kitchen! Figure out how much damage Xander takes from Hana, and if it's low enough (I'd say less than 7), cook up something with Def +2. Don't underestimate HP/Def tonics, either - if Xander's taking too much flak, that should mitigate the worst of it. I suggest rushing Xander with a Dual Katana to the boss, and bashing his face in. Have everyone else either pick up Xander's scraps, support each other, or just try to gain levels. Especially Leo, he needs it.

Dunno how much help this'll be.

How the HELL does your MU have ~29 defense with a 40%->35% growth? I never get over like 15 with a 50%->45%! You got frickin' blessed!

Anyways, I'd say stick to the left side. Just stay on the left side with the Physical units and don't mess with the DVs. Your team isn't ready for the Magic units on the right.

Also what Eclipse said too. They're probably way better and more knowledgeable at Fire Emblem in general than I am.

Edited by TrueEm

You better hope that your avatar is capable of holding his own against a certain samurai prince, else chapter 25 will suck a lot more than it needs to...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Having just finished this level this evening I agree with TrueEm. Put everyone on the left side via Pair Up and steamroll the club wielders there. Once you beat Yukimura it becomes simple to clean up the onmyojis and puppets on the right. Feed them to whoever can handle them.

A good way to go about this map, is having two split groups for both sides. The group that fights Hana should be ready to deal with the Blacksmiths and Oni Chieftans. Your Corrin should be enough to handle both but the low res might be an issue for dealing with the Chieftans. The right side should be comprised of mage & pegasus killers. If you take out every enemy on the right side, engaging and killing the Oni Chieftan will trigger reinforcements. So a decent way to deal with this is to draw out the Puppets with Yumi's at the start and dispatch them, followed by the Onmyoji's on the right side. You should also place Leo or a magic user in range of Sakura's silence staff, so that it gets used up as soon as possible. The Freeze staff can be dealt with once Hana's forces are out of the way, since you can either place a unit in range of the Onmyoji inside, (in this case not since your Corrin would probably die) or one space away so it can't engage anyone. After they are dealt with, you can use the Dragon Vein that lowers the first wall on the left side and send your units inside to deal with the remaining puppets. They will also have to deal with Falcon reinforcements, so Beast Killer Effie should take a few out as well as Niles. Aqua would also help them if they don't take them all out. When they've been dealt with, you can deal with Tsubaki's group by using the Dragon Vein where Hana's group was. It'll drop the wall, so your units need to be ready to engage them. Afterwards, you can charge up the middle of the hallway and take out the remaining puppets and Mechanist duo. Doing this will spawn the reinforcements. The right side shouldn't be a huge issue if you sit on the fort where the Mechanist duo was. You will have to deal with some Mechanist reinforcements on the right side, but your huge defense stat should make them a non issue. The left side will have to deal with Onmyoji's from the top left forts, (you can block it with Niles w/Shining Bow if he can tank the hits), Falcon's will spawn and work their way up the hallway, so block it with Effie or someone who can deal with them, (if you had Sniper Mozume, you could place her on the left side of the hallway to deal with stray Falcons). There will also be Puppets who spawn with pass, and so long as you deal with the Falcons, the puppets won't be any problem. Not having Sniper Mozume also makes dealing with Yukimura a pain, but sitting in front of him with a Dragonstone or Dragonstone+ should get rid of his Spendthrift damage, (unless you want that Gold bar, but 300 gold isn't much when he gives you 5000 anyways). Sakura is the same thing. If you make it to her, she isn't that big of a deal.

Not sure how effective this strategy is on Hard, since I did this on Lunatic recently (but I had Sniper Mozume so I could deal with more threats on the map). Either way, this should give you an idea of what to do and who goes on what side. Not that you can't place everyone on one side and go from there.

Edit*

Guess I also should have said who I used on the map.

Left Side:

Corrin ~ Dark Knight

Jakob ~ Great Knight (paired with Corrin)

Effie ~ General

Keaton ~ Wolfsenger (paired with Effie)

Mozume ~ Sniper

Sophie ~ Great Knight (daughter of/paired with Mozume but they switch when necessary)

Right Side:

Xander ~ Paladin

Charlotte ~ Fighter

Leon ~ Dark Knight

Felicia ~ Maid (paired with Leon)

Camilla ~ Malig Knight

Niles ~ Adventurer (paired with Camilla but switches between the two)

Aqua ~ Songstress

Elise ~ Strategist

Odin ~ Mage (paired with Elise for supports)

Edit 2*

Mixed up the sides :P

Edited by SuperPokéfan95

Having just finished this level this evening I agree with TrueEm. Put everyone on the left side via Pair Up and steamroll the club wielders there. Once you beat Yukimura it becomes simple to clean up the onmyojis and puppets on the right. Feed them to whoever can handle them.

Or just finish the map. The reinforcements start spawning from both sides eventually, and they can be brutal if you're not ready for them.

Thanks so much for the help, Trueem, Eclipse, and Pokefan. I finally beat this hellish game. I also only got Shigure as even the child paralogue missions are ridiculous, and they were crazy even on birthright. With Takumi I had to abuse my rescue staves and sacrifice like 7 guys as live bait but hey, I beat hard/classic conquest. I can't even imagine lunatic. The hardest part is just raising a bigger team because they are so fragile and it makes you take way more turns moving slowly and feeding kills. That'll be a challenge for another time.