Questions for my first HHM run

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm playing HHM for the first time.

It's not only first time I play on HM, it's also the first time I play Hector mode.

I only played ENM more than a year ago, so I pretty much forgot most of the chapters and recruitments.

My question is: Which units and supports are recommended for HHM?

Sidenote: Dorcas, Kent and Wil are dead already

My original plans were:

Hector x Eliwood

Guy x Matthew

Lyn x Florina

Serra x ???

Dart x ???

Raven x ??? (probably Priscilla)

Pent x Louise (since they have defaut A support)

Of course I'd appreciate to hear improvement suggestions from you.

The other question is: Are there any chapters I really have to care about (besides the ones which unlock a gaiden)?

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

The other question is: Are there any chapters I really have to care about (besides the ones which unlock a gaiden)?

Battle Before Dawn and Cog of Destiny. The former sucks especially badly in hard mode, and the latter... let's just say Cog of Destiny gets a massive overhaul in HHM. Oh, and Living Legend is fog of war in HHM, too.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Supports are nice but not necessary. Heath, Raven, Guy (and Harken if you get him) are your friends.

Yeah, I noticed it already.

Their HM boosts make them pretty amazing. Along with Hector my three most useful units by far.

Eliwood and Lyn are 10 levels lower than Hector, who's almost level 19 already.

Lyn is a walking target since she can even be oneshotted by fighters and knights with steel weapons.

Eliwood is still low level, but his stats are better or at least equel as Lyn's aside of skill.

I'm going to do chapter 19 next.

I'm still considering which magic user(s) I should use. Canas is probably my favorite, because it's the game luna is pretty damn good. Idk about Lucius yet. Still have no anima magic user yet. Will be either Priscilla or Pent.

Battle Before Dawn and Cog of Destiny. The former sucks especially badly in hard mode, and the latter... let's just say Cog of Destiny gets a massive overhaul in HHM.

I know about BBD. It's a pain to keep Jaffar and Zephiel alive.

However I can't say much about CoD.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Sry for this repost, but I'm still unsure about my team.

I've completed chapter 19x and I'm still unsure which units I should use.

• Canas shall become my dark mage.
  • I'm considering to bench Lucius, because Serra shall become my light magic user later.
  • As for anima magic Idk if I should use Priscilla till her promotion to the valkyrie. She has a quick support with Raven, but Idk if she'll turn out as useful as Pent.
  • As for an axe user I try to go for Dart since he should have a decent speed growth.
  • I'm really worrying about a bowuser. Wil is dead and Rebecca is awful so far. Shall I wait for Louise?
  • Is Oswin endgame material? He gets no damage by most physical weapons, but could his speedgrowth cause me trouble later on?

Priscilla is great, plus once she is promoted, she has the "thief bonus" for combat EXP so she gains levels really fast. She has pretty solid growths too and is definitely worth investing in.

Dart is pretty decent but it costs a lot of money to promote him and he's by no means necessary.

Rath is the best bow user.

Oswin is fine if you want to use him, although 4 mov (5 upon promotion) will limit his usefulness compared with just training up another cav.

I see.

I forgot about Rath somehow.
Yeah, will go for him.

Dart is pretty decent but it costs a lot of money to promote him and he's by no means necessary.

What do you mean with that?
Doesn't he promote with the ocean seal?
Iirc I can find it in the desert chapter, right?

By costing a lot of money, he means that the Ocean Seal is worth a lot of money, and using it hurts your funds ranking. If you're not playing ranked, you can just use it anyway. Most promo items are worth 10k, but the Ocean Seal is worth 50k for some reason. Yes, you can find a free one in the desert, so you don't have to actually buy one.

Even if you're not playing ranked, you can sell the Ocean Seal for a lot of money, too, which can be used to buy other things. Whether that's more worth it than using/promoting Dart is up to the player.

By costing a lot of money, he means that the Ocean Seal is worth a lot of money, and using it hurts your funds ranking. If you're not playing ranked, you can just use it anyway. Most promo items are worth 10k, but the Ocean Seal is worth 50k for some reason. Yes, you can find a free one in the desert, so you don't have to actually buy one.

Oh, I see.

This is A LOT!

I just remember that classes who require an ocean seal to promote can't use the earth seal, so hmm...

Hector is an excellent axe user and I've promoted Raven into a hero already (at level 17 with maxed strength and speed), so I don't think I need another one.

Anyways I don't play ranked.

My highest priority is to survive for my first run.

Also Jules, 19x already? You work fast, eh?

Damn, I didn't know that either, very useful to know.

Going to do chapter 23 (desert) next.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Also Jules, 19x already? You work fast, eh?

Damn, I didn't know that either, very useful to know.

Don't worry about bows. You're gonna get Geitz unless you horribly neglect Lyn and Eli, and even if you don't a paladin/Oswin with a hand axe/javelin does the job better. Pent does the job better too.

Still use Lucius. You don't need Canas (the main point where he saves time/effort Athos can do), but you should get 3 guiding rings anyway. A good way to handle light magic is to see who is doing better in spd/luck/mag between Lucius and Serra when you're ready to promote. Serra has a tendency to get mag screwed. I'd take an iffy spd Lucius over a Serra with no mag.

The desert chapters was painful, the worst desert chapter in FE so far.

I couln't get the ocean seal.

I noticed too late that probably only Hawkeye can find this. RIP 50000

It was already hard enough to find all items before all the enemies are defeated. At least I got the most important ones (body ring, falla ring, hero crest).

I guess I won't use Heath. Got one level up: only res :/

The desert chapters was painful, the worst desert chapter in FE so far.

I couln't get the ocean seal.

I noticed too late that probably only Hawkeye can find this. RIP 50000

It was already hard enough to find all items before all the enemies are defeated. At least I got the most important ones (body ring, falla ring, hero crest).

I guess I won't use Heath. Got one level up: only res :/

You can guarantee that you pick up the Ocean Seal by doing the following as soon as you start the chapter (assumign you come off a hard reset):

Go to the status screen for Hector (press "R" or whatever)

hang out for like half a second

cancel out of it and then move him 2 spaces right to pick up the ocean seal.

Look at roughly the 30 second mark of this video to see what I mean.

Ok, it worked.

But I don't want to replay this shitty anymore, I REALLY DON'T!

I will get over the lost 50000 somehow. Still own the silver card at least.

I've just a quite different question about it: Why couldn't Matthew find the ocean seal? I placed him on all spaces around the tent.

According to this site thieves have 100% chance to find items.

And against my first assumption.the ocean seal doesn't have to be found with Hawkeye or any lord.

The ocean seal is in about a 2x2 square, easy to find. Just go up 2 and left 3 or 4 from the bottom right corner of the map. I pick it up every Hector Mode run because of how easy it is, then rescue the thief with a flier; no time lost.

Sorry, I fucked up in getting it.

Seriously i didn't feel like to replay this chapter, because the original run caused me enough trouble.

I got the white gem from the boss at least.

Have already beaten the gaiden.

It was even more problematic for me mainly, because I didn't have enough restore staves (only one bunch) against the three opponents with silence, sleep and berserk. But thankfully only one of their staves always hit me and I could restore without any problems.

Also Raven and Guy are totally overleveled now (~level 5 second tier) and Hector is already maxed level while the other lords stuck at level 12.

I couldn't bring Lyn to 23x, because any of the long magic sages/bishops would have oneshotted her. Her HP, defense and resistance are abysmal and she's nothing else than a safety risk so far.

Also who shall get the body ring?

I was thinking about Florina, Guy, Raven (for heavier axes) or a magic user.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

So, Lloyd or Linus 24? I don't like Linus 23E because the people I want to train keep getting killed before I can get them to the Arena. Lloyd's isn't easy, either, probably because I play Lyn Hard and don't promote Wallace.

So, Lloyd or Linus 24? I don't like Linus 23E because the people I want to train keep getting killed before I can get them to the Arena. Lloyd's isn't easy, either, probably because I play Lyn Hard and don't promote Wallace.

I have to play Lloyd's chapter, a chapter I never played before.

Edit: Already done without recruiting Wallace and using the arena much.

Lloyd wasn't on the place I expected.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Is it worth to try to kill Vaida to get her special spear?

gQvBH1H.pngEcGLJAO.png

Raven and Guy with the lancereaver could beat her theoretically together in one turn, if they both crit.

The only problem is that only one unit can attack her from close range (unless she'll move if anyone is in her attack range).

I might have to use Heath or Florina to rescue one of them.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

I don't think you can get the special spear by killing her, only by using the enemy control glitch to get her to trade it to the Shaman with the droppable tome (Nosferatu or Luna, I forget) and then killing him.

Sorry for this stupid question.

Maybe I should check out first, if the item is green marked. >_<

Well, I must play Battle Before Dawn next.

I've heared that this chapter shall be luckbased because it's possible that Zephiel can be killed before I can get to him.

Hopefully I'll be lucky.

For this chapter I've promoted everyone except for my two healers Serra and Priscilla and Eliwood, who got the afa drop.

My main team beside the lords is:

• Raven
  • Guy
  • Florina
  • Heath
  • Sain
  • Rath
  • Serra
  • Priscilla
  • Ninian
  • Canas (if I can bring him)
  • Oswin (if I can bring him)