why are people so phobic of fanservice

I agree, removing swimsuits and keeping the bath towel was dumb. Sure, the bath towel TECHNICALLY covers more skin, but nobody goes out in public in just a bath towel. Swimsuits, yes, they do sometimes, at the beach, the water park, the swimming pool, etc.

I also don't get weapons that strip you down to your underwear. It's understandable and realistic for clothes and armor to get dirty and torn in battle, but this is going too far.

The Raider weapons don't really bother me as a joke weapon (apart from being the best E rank weapons in the game). It's just perplexing what the censor take out and what they leave in.

If I see someone in a swim suit, I think we're going to the beach. If I see someone in a towel, I think they're trying to seduce me.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since some people have brought it up...the only fanservice besides underage child fanservice that bothers me is jiggle physics it honestly makes me so uncomfortable nad just really annoys me

since some people have brought it up...the only fanservice besides underage child fanservice that bothers me is jiggle physics it honestly makes me so uncomfortable nad just really annoys me

sonic adventure 2 has hilarious jiggle physics because Rouge's ears move at the same frequency as her boobs

Context also means what kind of game/anime it is.

Complaining about fanservice in Dog Days! or DOA is stupid because it's part of the package.

Or that animu game where you can fuck boats.

Same thing with Dungeon Travelers 2. Most of the time, it's fully assumed and they have a blast with it, so I don't mind since we're here to have fun.

​The problem I have with the latest Fire Emblem (Or Stella Glow, as I said in another topic, btw...) is that it tries to be really serious, dramatic, and epic, and have silly costumes that seems to be straight out of an adult cosplay party.

Wait, Kancolle actually involves screwing the boats? I thought they were more like Pokémon...

LMAO

Why was this the first thing I saw when I came back here

But, no it doesnt

Edited by Soledai

lol Kantai doesn't involve fucking boatgirls iirc.

although there WAS a plane-based knockoff where you DO bang them so i have no idea, sellout games are funny

I'm curious, please tell me more. For research purposes.

Now that this topic is dead I can give as serious answer without being judged.

There was a point in my life where I accepted that fanservice is everywhere and I shouldn't be immature about it. Reacting with either, "EW BREASTS I'M ASHAMED TO WATCH/PLAY THIS!!!" Or, "Awwwwwww yeah TITTIES!!!!!!!!" was a huge no and I avoided it. Instead, I opted for, "Oh, okay." But am I phobic of any sort of fanservice? Not at all. I accept it and don't really care for it most of the time.

Context is for nerds

Wait, Kancolle actually involves screwing the boats? I thought they were more like Pokémon...

"Skinship! with your Eevee! Skinship with your Eevee!"

sorrynotsorry

...I only knows it because of that song, tbh :

"DO YOU WANT TO FUCK BOOAATS!

NOW THEY HAVE BOOOBS!"

To be honest the Pokemon Amie Petting minigame in Fates never really bothered me. I wish Kaze would stop asking me to blow harder every time I visit our room, though.

To be honest, some of the humanoid looking Pokemon in Amie can look ever worse than the skinship minigame.

"Skinship! with your Eevee! Skinship with your Eevee!"

sorrynotsorry

...I only knows it because of that song, tbh :

"DO YOU WANT TO FUCK BOOAATS!

NOW THEY HAVE BOOOBS!"

What did I just watch?

Tbh Skinship is just a pretty creepy thing to do to random joes in the army.

I don't particularly mind it for post-marriage, though.

Culture differences OP, I guess.

I do think the effort/money put into the models could go elsewhere, but that's just me.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Tbh Skinship is just a pretty creepy thing to do to random joes in the army.I don't particularly mind it for post-marriage, though.Culture differences OP, I guess.I do think the effort/money put into the models could go elsewhere, but that's just me.

honestly my main problem with Fates's censorship is they made it VERY OBVIOUS there was shit removed. Like they could've turned skinship into a different minigame, instead of just skipping the game but still having the characters react as if you did it, or turned the admittedly-fanservicey outfits into different ones, instead of removing-fucking-everything and leaving an equipment option that's borderline empty. /rant

honestly my main problem with Fates's censorship is they made it VERY OBVIOUS there was shit removed. Like they could've turned skinship into a different minigame, instead of just skipping the game but still having the characters react as if you did it, or turned the admittedly-fanservicey outfits into different ones, instead of removing-fucking-everything and leaving an equipment option that's borderline empty. /rant

Voltorb Flip!

adding content isn't a localisation team's job, op

I'm glad they removed it, not because I have anything against it, but because it's freaking annoying.

It's already annoying enough with your spouse (It quickly ends up in beating them to relieve stress.).

And the second one is even worse.

(Also because you want me to believe that they putted their clothes on without drying their hair. Sorry, but whetere you're lying or not, I'm pretty sure it counts as sexual harrassment.)

​It makes me irrationally angry, and I always ends up divorcing the Nohrian way quickly with my newfound waifu/husbando

can I just "skinship" Midori without it being apparently romantic

like, they should've made this a thing for pokemans. who wouldn't love to skinship evee and kirby.

Pokemon Amie is basically shinship already.