ZeRo starts a tier list of his own... Again (Smash 4)

Jedi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh, that's questionable at best.

With such a huge roster, a large amount of characters will be viable, yes. But it will never be more than a 30% of the full roster.

Still better than Melee and Brawl, for sure, but if you compare that to othe fighting games like, say, Killer Instinct (where 80% of the characters are very viable) and then you can see that the ratio isn't that impressive.

Somehow, I was expecting you to pull a "maylay is balanced" out of your ass. :awesome: Glad you agree. To be honest, saying it's the most balanced in terms of Smash is saying plenty. Smash 64 would be around that, if only for such a small, small roster. Brawl was sort of a mess at that, sadly...

also, Corrin's always too low.

Edited by Soul~!

Somehow, I was expecting you to pull a "maylay is balanced" out of your ass. :awesome: . Glad you agree. To be honest, saying it's the most balanced in terms of Smash is saying plenty. Smash 64 would be around that, if only for such a small, small roster. Brawl was sort of a mess at that, sadly...

My name is the very reason why Melee is extremely unbalanced, why did you expect that? :P:

Smash 64 is a weird case, where the balancing comes from the little development from the players that the game had. It's been always Isai and a few more and they didn't even play to win, but to have fun. You can see that in the latest tourneys (where 64 seems to have resurrected a bit) like Shine 2016 and SmashCon where even with money on the line, the players would pick Donkey Kong or Luigi because why not, regardless of who was winning the overall set :P

• 3 weeks later...

I actually really liked this tierlist, I agree with most of it. MAYBE put Roy a little higher, and doc a little lower (also don't think sonic is #2)

It's nice to see Robin rising up though (thanks Dath)

Corrin should be a LITTLE BIT higher imo, but the character doesn't exactly have a ton of reps yet, so in time I guess

Edited by Ki11erpenguin

As much as I hate Sonic's movepool, #2 sounds about right. He's insanely fast and hard to lock down but still can pull out quick KOs.

Abadango also put out a tier list recently from the JP perspective, putting Sonic as the very best character in the game. He only tiered what he considers the top 24 though, and the characters are mostly unordered in their rows.

https://i.imgur.com/EWOyLeF.png

Edited by Samias

As much as I hate Sonic's movepool, #2 sounds about right. He's insanely fast and hard to lock down but still can pull out quick KOs.

Abadango also put out a tier list recently from the JP perspective, putting Sonic as the very best character in the game. He only tiered what he considers the top 24 though, and the characters are mostly unordered in their rows.

https://i.imgur.com/EWOyLeF.png

Yeah, I've seen this, quite a number of people haven't taken it seriously because Link is there, despite that he does have some decent results in this game.

I think it has been said Abadango has an extremely good Link and Lucas in his area, tiering them much higher than NA players would. Just goes to show one region's meta doesn't result in identical tier lists, though it seems Abadango's list is otherwise close to ZeRo's.