PSA: Ike Amiibo is like having another Ryoma

kcirrot

I finally got ahold of the Marth and Ike amiibos and have been using them in a Revelation run. Marth is fine, but Ike is like a darn god with Ragnell and good offensive and defensive stats. His purchasable weapon is a nice souped up steel sword as well.

Not the easiest Amiibo to find, but worth it.

I love Ike's purchasable amiibo weapon, it's very useful on units that have high speed and can use the extra defensive boost (Hana is a prime candidate as she toys with the "concept" of defense). Especially because Ike's weapon doesn't lower your speed as hard as a steel weapon.

Ike is amazing. One of my runs on Birthright. I cleared on side of the Map with Ike and Ryoma alone. The Ike Amiibo wasn't that hard for me to find. The hardest one for me to find for a good price was the Robin Amiibo. I currently have all 5 Fire Emblem Amiiboes. My favorite one is Lucina.

Wait, you can purchase the Amiibo weapons (Marth's Spatha, etc)?

I'd assume it's when they work at the Armory?

Yes, when you scan an amiibo (after his Hero map), he will either work in the armory or in the accessory shop, so you can either buy their accessories or weapons, that have an unlimited stock and can be forged. It's the only way to get them.

Yes, when you scan an amiibo (after his Hero map), he will either work in the armory or in the accessory shop, so you can either buy their accessories or weapons, that have an unlimited stock and can be forged. It's the only way to get them.

I knew about the accessories, but not the Weapons! Well, now I have more reason to use my Ike and Marth Amiibos in a normal playthrough!

But how do you get them into the Armory? I can try as often as I like but they always go into the Accessory Shop. They even do that when I remove the Accessory Shop altogether.

Edited by BrightBow

But how do you get them into the Armory? I can try as often as I like but they always go into the Accessory Shop. They even do that when I remove the Accessory Shop altogether.

Does anyone have the armory accessory? I had the opposite problem getting Lucina into the accessory shop for those awesome masks until I took the tinted glasses off of the units who had them.

Oh yes, Ike is definitely just like a second Ryoma, but with defense and HP! (because pretty much nobody has much HP in this game...) He is so lovely in this game. I'm so glad I'm a fan and trained him up!

He's great, as is anyone with a non-gimped two-range sword, to be sure, but he's very easily speed screwed in his base class of Vanguard, and his awesome sword's -3 attack speed penalty only makes that worse, so definitely be prepared to boost his speed somehow.

I'd call him more of a foot-based Xander actually since Ike's speed is pretty suspect but he can do pretty well and his steel sword is pretty good as an alternative to the normal steel sword.

I sometimes wish reclassing for one level for Grandmaster Ignis could have stayed in its Awakening blue flame cover so he'd look like he's just about to beat you like he did to Ashera. Oh well, at least Saizo can be set on fire like his personal suggests.