Holy sheepskin I suck at Sonic 1

My playlog:

Start Green Hill Zone. Die by pit.

Fight Robotnik. Die.

Fight Robotnik again. Die.

Finally beat Robotnik holy shit

Reach Marble Zone. Die like ten times to the lava.

Like the jumping is so imprecise and it's not a problem on zones like Green Hill where you're moving forwards but on Marble Zone? Hell yeah that's a problem.

Edited by eggclipse

Sonic 1 can best be described as a Sonic game made by people who didn't know what works and what doesn't for Sonic's cababilites. As such, Marble Zone, Labyrinth Zone, and Scrap Brain Zone are significantly harder than they should be.

Mrable Zone is hell. I find it fucking weird that one is the easiest zones is the penultimate one? Star Light should be like second or third.

In this case, it's probably less that you're bad at the game and more that it's just the game being bad.

While the game does have flaws wouldn't call it bad tbh. Yuji Naka is just a bit of a wacky guy and considering he was inspired by speed running a Mario game originally, I don't think its odd that some of the stages are pretty Mario like. Definitely the weakest of the classic 4 though.

Which one's the best?

That depends on the person, quite a few people like Sonic 2 for its sheer speed, others like myself love 3&K for its stage design and general overall fun with tons of stages, and others more will say CD because it stands out as being very different and some people like the exploration aspects of the stage design.

Dno if this will help, but https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB7E9LL-WM3bFiSUhl0NvjT14VM1zAgJK

I'm currently doing a run of Sonic 1.

CD, 2, 3&K and the Adventure games along with stuff like Unleashed, Colors and Generations eventually too.

Man your lp was what made me get it. I blame you!

Man your lp was what made me get it. I blame you!

Hahaha, sorry :P:

I still think its a pretty good game, just less polished than the other 2D ones.

Edited by Jedi