What's the worst RNG you've experienced?

Yedknowsall

Missed a... 100% chance of crit with Charlotte then get crited by a 2% chance and got her death. I didn't even know that you can miss a 100% crit, but yeah you can. At least I have missed quite a few 100% crits.

Hit Rate is applied before Crit chance. If the RNG decides the move would be a miss, that will take effect first. So it'd be possible to miss with anything less than 99%Hit/100% crit.

Can't remember the chapter off the top of my head but the one where you encounter Naesala in Path of Radiance. The boss of that chapter managed to kill Ike on two separate occasions using a 6% crit. And to make it worse Ike was at full health, the attack dealt the exact amount of damage necessary to kill him. Or to put it another way if he had managed to gain 1 more piece of HP or DEF that chapter he would have survived. I think the second time I missed the killing blow before it happened to me X[ You can be sure in my third attempt of the chapter I only attacked him with characters that I could be certain could survive the hit.

Missed a... 100% chance of crit with Charlotte then get crited by a 2% chance and got her death. I didn't even know that you can miss a 100% crit, but yeah you can. At least I have missed quite a few 100% crits.

That crit irony tho

Hit Rate is applied before Crit chance. If the RNG decides the move would be a miss, that will take effect first. So it'd be possible to miss with anything less than 99%Hit/100% crit.

Exactly, you will crit if you have 100 hit 100 hit

Can't remember the chapter off the top of my head but the one where you encounter Naesala in Path of Radiance. The boss of that chapter managed to kill Ike on two separate occasions using a 6% crit. And to make it worse Ike was at full health, the attack dealt the exact amount of damage necessary to kill him. Or to put it another way if he had managed to gain 1 more piece of HP or DEF that chapter he would have survived. I think the second time I missed the killing blow before it happened to me X[ You can be sure in my third attempt of the chapter I only attacked him with characters that I could be certain could survive the hit.

That crit chance tho

Had a Nephenee miss a 98% in RD.

And I know this next one wasn't me but...

qEUxYny.jpg

Lel

Does fangames count?

On The last Promise, I was on the last turn on the first Golden Spear Gaiden chapter and forced to a position to move Shuuda near the general with the spear. The General had a 70% hit rate and 20 something damage. Shuuda could've taken the hit... but then the General used the old 'Spin to Hard Reset' skill. I haven't touched the game ever since because I fucking hate that chapter. Also, before then, Cia only gained Magic twice after 10 or so level ups, and her Mag growth is 50%.

To make matters worse...

Playing through conquest again, two instances of 'Fates RNG' happened. The first wast the Heir of Fate DLC 1. Soliel goes to attack Hisame, has a 22% crit chance, doesn't crit, but when she dual strikes with a merc that did 0 damage that attacked Selkie, she crits... at 8%... and kills her. And just recently, Reina got a 3% crit on Arthur on the Cheve map. The holy gods of RNG were on my side cause he only had 1 HP left.

The only part of The Last Promise I've seen is the final boss battle which seems ridiculously luck based. He rocks like a 10% crit on everything and face a 70% hit on every incoming attack. Might be a bit off topic but can anyone confirm/deny if that's as bad as it seems? Like the video I watched handled him with little issue though it took a lot of turns but I was all the while screaming inside my head at how easily almost every single attack could have ended the game then and there. Knowing would actually effect how eager I am to play it as a game.

Teehee... almost too many to list. But I'll try anyways.

FE 6:

Roy. Just Roy. I had to let Fae solo Idoun. It was that bad.

FE 7:

Eliwood had it almost as bad as his son, growthwise. Hector once had a terrible time with pitiful 15 Def at level 7 promoted. And then, there was this glorious time when Rebecca ended up superior to her Archer peers because they didn't get a single stat point increase in 5 levels. Oh, and little Erk still had about 6 magic at level 18 unpromoted, thus forcing me to use Nino. Yup.

FE 8:

Ephraim, a.k.a. Mr. Kirito-prototype, just LOVES to miss highly accurate attacks. And Joshua just randomly decided it would be a good idea to have worse stats at level 13 than Marisa at level 8. Oh, and then there's the hilarity that is Seth dying to a freaking spider with a 20% hit chance and a 3% crit. Good times, good times.

FE 9:

Ike's strength still sits comfortably at 13... when he is level 20 in his base class. Oscar and Boyd, a.k.a. the brothers that never hit, someone write a novel with that title, I'll provide the material, Oscar wanted to mimic Ephraim, apparently.

And Nephenee jumped right into the same train with her missing almost all of her attacks.

Then there is Soren, who ends up as not only squishy, but weak as hell and slow as heck, too. When Tormod is better at his base level than you are at level 16, you know you've screwed up.

On the flipside, we have Mia's RNG-immunity.

FE 10:

Mia's RNG-immunity continues... she RNG-screws her enemies.

Micaiah's speed fails to do anything but get screwed, leaving her with a pitiful 16 speed at level 20/20/20. (I honestly wouldn't mind if Micaiah got screwed and I was the one doing the screwing. I'm kidding... or am I?)

And never let Stefan approach a Thunder Sage. You won't be able to register his death if weren't for the pretty crit lightning raining from above... inside a tower, no less.

Edward and Leonard are flat-out failures and give Myrmidons and Archers a bad name with how often they miss/die. Nolan's strength also decided to go on vacation, since it's everywhere but here. Oh, and where did Jill's growths go? Did anyone find them?

FE 11:

Did anyone hear the legend about the Sage that had a whopping 6 magic at level 20/20? Folktales say that Merric is still buried underneath Khadein's desert out of shame.

And is anyone aware of the superior glory that is Bantu, dying to a valiant Archer who only had a slim chance of hitting and managed to prevail through the power of 1% crits? They still revere the Archer as Dragon Slayer Random Guy #245

And lest we forget, Marth suddenly decided to have mercy on Medeus and missing his 99% hit, only to get roasted by some Earth Dragon Breath as thank you? Dragons are so ungrateful these days, aren't they?

FE 13:

Poor Chrom, ever the hero, he rushes forward, misses both hits of Aether (with a 97% chance of hitting both times, no less) and gets Aether-ed right back (with a 36% chance of hitting both times). Apparently sending Chrom to fight Ike is not a good plan.

And what happens when Jaffar approaches? Well, Sully with Swordbreaker and a lance equipped still sings songs from the great beyond, of how the Angel of Death managed to Lethality her with a whopping 3% chance of the attack connecting. And she also sings songs of betrayal, since her own husband Stahl just sat idly by and watched it all happen. Rumor has it he started an affair with Cordelia right after the burial.

FE 14:

Mia's RNG-immunity has carried on throughout history and has taken over Hana.

While Ryoma was hit with Arthur levels of terrible luck after spending the entire night wondering how the servant of his little sister became stronger than himself. It turns out that frustrated and subsequently drunk lobsters tend to get suicidal.

At least, the poor man has good company in Xander, who, like FE 10's Jill before him, failed to grasp the concept of growths.

Then, there is Arthur himself, who has read the novel 'The brothers that never hit' and was such a fan of it that he emulated his favourite character, that being Boyd. And apparently, Charlotte had a go at the novel herself, since she had Oscar levels of terrible hit rates.

And lest we forget the glory that was Takumi, who tried his hardest to put the blame on someone else, but to miss five 96% hits of Astra only to get mauled by Iago right afterwards... perhaps he would have been better off not to get involved with Arthur and Charlotte and he had also better not have tried whatever it was that cost his older brother his dignity and consequently, life.

• 1 month later...

In FE9, Soren only gained HP when I used BEXP on him. Yes, he only has a 45% growth, but that is ridiculous!

Also, in FE11, Lena never gained a single point in Magic. Lady, please! You have a one-in-four chance of gaining Magic and becoming a better healer as a result!

Edited by IcyRaven93

Nothing like those oh-so enjoyable 1% or 2% crits that the enemy decides to land on you when you're playing Conquest. :'))) why

When all five strikes from Astra miss. Lon'qu and Ryoma on numerous occasions. 80%+ chance of hitting and nope, they miss. And Dragon Fang. What's that? You've triggered Dragon Fang! You have a 96% hit rate! What's this? You've missed, subsequently sending your MU out of the battle because the enemy hits you with their 90% hit rate, and you were already on low health.

'

Edited by Kalvis

In FE9, Soren only gained HP when I used BEXP on him. Yes, he only has a 45% growth, but that is ridiculous!

Also, in FE11, Lena never gained a single point in Magic. Lady, please! You have a one-in-four chance of gaining Magic and becoming a better healer as a result!

Really not in the mood to warn someone for being three days over the necro mark. If another mod disagrees, tough luck.

Don't do it again.

• 3 weeks later...