Is it possible to solo the entire first generation of FE4 with Sigurd?

OliKad

I don't know if this was asked before, but do you guys think it would be possible for the BEST LORD in the series to solo the whole first gen all by himself, just like how Ryoma can solo the second half of Birthright? Because, despite how awesome Sigurd is, I'm just not too confident about this, since FE4's design is very different.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by OliKad

It's still possible if you only have Sigurd leave the castle, but it's way more frustrating.

With or without RNG manipulation?

Sigurd has a hard time surviving Magic from Ch.4 onwards. You'd either need RNG manip or the Earth Sword pretty much.

Depends on how you define "solo".

If Sigurd is the only one who's allowed to leave the home castle it may not be possible but that's a very strict definition of "solo".

I meant Sigurd only. No healers nor supports units. But I allow a Main castle guard while Sigurd is off, like Arden or Holyn.

Also, I don't think if using other units to trigger special conversations (aka Getting the brave sword) still counts as a solo.

Edited by OliKad

With or without RNG manipulation?

Sigurd has a hard time surviving Magic from Ch.4 onwards. You'd either need RNG manip or the Earth Sword pretty much.

Surviving an attack from Eldigan takes some luck (although it's a 2 in 3 chance of success so that's feasible), and C4 can be done by waiting on the castle and tediously killing the incoming swarm one by one and then approaching the boss area through the mountain range iirc. I don't recall needing any major RNG manipulation.

It's really not very fun to do though.

Edited by Gradivus.

I meant Sigurd only. No healers nor supports units. But I allow a Main castle guard while Sigurd is off, like Arden or Holyn.

Also, I don't think if using other units to trigger special conversations (aka Getting the brave sword) still counts as a solo.

Do you still count some recruitment events as Sigurd soloing?

I mean like Edin -> Jamuka, or Levin -> Fury, you still need to control the other characters.

And also when Tiltyu, Brigit join the team, they still kill some enemies no matter what.

Do you still count some recruitment events as Sigurd soloing?

I mean like Edin -> Jamuka, or Levin -> Fury, you still need to control the other characters.

And also when Tiltyu, Brigit join the team, they still kill some enemies no matter what.

I don't care for recruiting people, nor keeping them alive, because I won't use them anyway.

(I'M SORRY ERIN/FURY!)

Why wouldn't it count?

To answer this question, OHHH YES IT'S POSSIBLE! All one would need to do is grind Sigurd's Silver Sword to 100 kills on Chapter 1, stomp through Chapter 2, roll the dice on Eltshan, get the Live Ring, and BAM! He's more or less home free. And then if he wanted even more power beyond that? He'd grind the Hero Sword and Light Sword to 100 Kills on Chapter 5 reinforcements.

it gets a little dicey around "not dying to eldigan" but that's really it; it gets less painful the more allowances you make (brave sword, light sword, etc) but the core of it all remains the same

the majority of high-speed runs aren't significantly different than a sigurd solo regardless; there's some time allotted to get lachesis exp so she can use rescue as a master knight but that's about it (also things like warp/rescue/sylvia) and those are arguably not-strictly-necessary accessories anyway

it gets a little dicey around "not dying to eldigan" but that's really it; it gets less painful the more allowances you make (brave sword, light sword, etc) but the core of it all remains the same

the majority of high-speed runs aren't significantly different than a sigurd solo regardless; there's some time allotted to get lachesis exp so she can use rescue as a master knight but that's about it (also things like warp/rescue/sylvia) and those are arguably not-strictly-necessary accessories anyway

He could probably do with a hand on chapter 2's penultimate castle, he doesn't really have a real way to stop the sleep staff. If you stack Sigurd with enough stuff, he doesn't really mind the Cross Knights and can survive an attack from Mistletoe assuming it's not a crit. You don't really need to kill him, if his AI cantos stupidly you can run right past him.

He could probably do with a hand on chapter 2's penultimate castle, he doesn't really have a real way to stop the sleep staff. If you stack Sigurd with enough stuff, he doesn't really mind the Cross Knights and can survive an attack from Mistletoe assuming it's not a crit. You don't really need to kill him, if his AI cantos stupidly you can run right past him.

Actually, even Clement is really simple if you know of an A.I. exploit. Clement's troops become aggressive the MOMENT Clement uses the Sleep Staff on someone, so just have someone catch a nap near the village where Levin was, and BAM! No more issues with Clement's meat shields.

Impressive! So, you've done multiple Sigurd-only playthroughs? I'd really like to see one uploaded on YouTube, but whatever. I think I'm definitively motivated now! :)

Why wouldn't it count?

Because I thought that triggering a conversation counts as doing an action with two units, and I am thus using them. Oh well, since most of you think that it's not a big deal...

Anyway, I might attempt one this evening or tomorrow, since I don't have college at all (my schedule is really strange...), so I'll give you my thoughts eventually. ;)

Okay, I've just started my Sigurd-only run, and...

post-21185-0-13377700-1473264951_thumb.png

My god, Sigurd is a f***in BADASS! :D

The only parts where I've got trouble so far were against Zane (Horseslayer) and Eldigan (Mystletainn). Besides these two, this run is surprinsingly easy!

However, I must confess: I did triggered the convo between Ethlyn and Deirdre to get the Light Brand, did not try to recruit all characters, nor kept them all alive (Aideen and Erin, for example) so I do feel kinda bad about that. Also, since I was way too far from Tiltyu and Claude when I seized Chapter 3's second castle, I was forced to let them attack a few pirates, and then watch them die. So you could still argue, for all of these reasons, that this run is not QUITE a solo.

But I don't really care, it's just so much FUN pwning entire armies with the power of rings, awesome growths and the almighty Silver Sword! :D

Wish me luck for Chapter 4, guys!

Here's another ''update'', in case someone here still cared. ;)

I've done it! While Chapter 4 wasn't as brutal as I would've expected, I needed to completely restart Chapter 5 a couple of times, because several fairly large groups of enemies were coming from all sides, which caused the loss of my home castle. Heck, it happened once that a freakin' lone BRIGAND took my home castle! Just, how?

But otherwise, thanks to the massive critical bonus of the Silver Sword and the Light Brand - combined with the almighty Tyrfing - it generally was totally feasible. Of course, I still struggled a bit against the Dracoknights and Reptor's final stand, but in the end, JUSTICE SIGURD PREVAILED! :D

So yeah, I now definitively see why Sigurd is considered the most powerful unit in the first gen and/or the most powerful lord in the series: he can solo a Fire Emblem game that some would think is the least soloable (is that even a word?) of them all, because of its gigantic maps, unique mechanics, and large numbers of enemies. And yet, Sigurd is THAT manly!

Anyway, that's it, I suppose, unless I really wanna try to do the same, but with Seliph... totally possible right?

You can solo gen 2 with Seliph, definitely trickier than the Sigurd Solo. I would highly suggest a 50+ kills Tyrfing by the time you fight Julius.

Also, the solution to defending the home castle in the solo is simply using the Return Ring to bring Sigurd back.

Edited by Sirius

You can solo gen 2 with Seliph, definitely trickier than the Sigurd Solo. I would highly suggest a 50+ kills Tyrfing by the time you fight Julius.

Also, the solution to defending the home castle in the solo is simply using the Return Ring to bring Sigurd back.

But Julius has Nihil, so what's the point?

In FE4, crit is counted as a proc skill (regardless of if you get it from 50+ kills or by having the skill) and gets blocked by Nihil.

Julius can get crit in C10, but that's just because he doesn't have Nihil there. He does have Nihil in Endgame.

Edited by Gradivus.

Sigurd doesn't necessarily need the Hero Sword in the first generation and Seliph gets a free one in the second. The Silver Sword/Light Brand combination work well for when he needs it. Light Brand + Forest allows him to tank the Cross Knights, and Silver Sword kills everything not nailed to the ground.