Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

Okay, Burgh's VA is Yuri Lownethal using the exact same voice he used for Amane Nishiki in BlazBlue and Zhang He in Dynasty Warriors. This really doesn't help the topic of Burgh's sexuality.

Decent episode kinda ruined by cheesy voice lines. Brycen was a total badass.

Actually, that was Chris Niosi, better know as Kirbopher.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/799665760670887936

Also, the lines from the Gym Leader are actually exactly the same as in the games. Even the Sage's quotes are the same. And they are actually quoting famous real life philosophers. Research the lines and you will see what I'm talking about.

The only different one is Skyla I think.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that was Chris Niosi, better know as Kirbopher.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/799665760670887936

Also, the lines from the Gym Leader are actually exactly the same as in the games. Even the Sage's quotes are the same. And they are actually quoting famous real life philosophers. Research the lines and you will see what I'm talking about.

The only different one is Skyla I think.

Well, he can sure do a good imitation of that voice!

My main issues weren't the lines themselves, but more how some of the delivery was phoned in.

New episode coming a bit earlier! Focus on the freezing of Opelucid City!

And man, the battles in this episode were particulary brutal!

Seeing those people frozen was creepy, but cool.(no pun intended)

It shows how serious the situation was!

Edited by Water Mage

Frozen Opelucid, eh? Wasn't expecting that.

Kyouhei or Mei never appeared (even though they were in Opelucid at the time), though the episode seemed to focus on Team Plasma's perspective so I don't really see why they were cut.

Also, the "Black" version of the city was used. Interesting. I would have expected more of a fusion between Black Opelucid and White Opelucid, due to the city's slogan.

Also man I wonder how all those people survived (since everyone turns out A-ok in the games).

There goes the hope of a Hugh's Purrloin episode, since we've yet to see N and BW2 Ghetsis though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Frozen Opelucid, eh? Wasn't expecting that.Kyouhei or Mei never appeared (even though they were in Opelucid at the time), though the episode seemed to focus on Team Plasma's perspective so I don't really see why they were cut.

To be fair, in the game the player and Drayden separate during the incident to deal with Team Plasma, so they could be on another part of the city.

And yeah, it's kinda sad we won't get a Hugh episode.

The chances of Bianca and Cheren appearing also seems low.

To be fair, in the game the player and Drayden separate during the incident to deal with Team Plasma, so they could be on another part of the city.

And yeah, it's kinda sad we won't get a Hugh episode.

The chances of Bianca and Cheren appearing also seems low.

Ah, okay. It's been a while since I last played this part of BW2, so I must have forgot.

Yeah, the only rivals who seem to have gotten anything are Blue and Silver. Pity, since Gen V has some really cool rivals, and I like Wally and Barry to some extent.

A very good episode. The Unova episodes are quickly becoming my favourite of the bunch.

Also is it my imagination or is Zinzolin voiced by the same guy who does Fiore Derosa in Bravely default?

Zinzolin sounds a lot like Steve Staley to me as well.

Anyways, Colress did not sound like Sean Schemmel. If anything, towards the end he sounded a lot like Chris Niosi (particularly his Zetto voice from his own webseries, TOME).

Hoping the last Gen V episode focuses on N.

Anyways, Colress did not sound like Sean Schemmel. If anything, towards the end he sounded a lot like Chris Niosi (particularly his Zetto voice from his own webseries, TOME).

The last Gen V episode has to feature both him and B2W2!Ghetsis, since they're both on the poster and have yet to appear.

It'll probably be the BW2 climax since that's the only interaction N has with him.

It is Chris Niosi.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/801511643964317696

Also, what's with adaptations of Colress seemly always being more outright villainous than he is in the games?

Game!Colress is a criminal, there's no denying that, but his game characterization was more "doesn't give a shit so long as it furthers his research" and actually helped the player from time to time because of that.

Adaptations of him seem to ditch that in favor of making him a rather plain evil scientist.

This seems to be a thing with a lot of versions of the guy.

Yeah, Colress is a True Neutral is the purest sense of the word.

Although to be fair to Generations, this incarnation of Colress seemed much more Neutral compared to the anime and the manga.

Yeah, Generations is far better at keeping Colress in character than Kusaka and the anime writers, definitely.

It's just a really strange trend, is all. Colress is just being all ominous and foreboding, which isn't really something he did in the games.

Yeah, Generations is far better at keeping Colress in character than Kusaka and the anime writers, definitely.It's just a really strange trend, is all. Colress is just being all ominous and foreboding, which isn't really something he did in the games.

Again to be fair, in the games we only see Colress when he interacted with the Nate/Rosa, whom he was obviously fond of and respected, which is why he was always so friendly.

We never saw Colress when he wasn't interacting with Nate/Rosa, so we don't know how he is like behind closed doors.

And by Sun and Moon, he already changed due to the positive influence of Nate/Rosa, so he's not the same person he was in Black2/White2.

Again to be fair, in the games we only see Colress when he interacted with the Nate/Rosa, whom he was obviously fond of and respected, which is why he was always so friendly.

We never saw Colress when he wasn't interacting with Nate/Rosa, so we don't know how he is like behind closed doors.

And by Sun and Moon, he already changed due to the positive influence of Nate/Rosa, so he's not the same person he was in Black2/White2.

I suppose that's true enough.

Frozen Opelucid, eh? Wasn't expecting that.

Kyouhei or Mei never appeared (even though they were in Opelucid at the time), though the episode seemed to focus on Team Plasma's perspective so I don't really see why they were cut.

Also, the "Black" version of the city was used. Interesting. I would have expected more of a fusion between Black Opelucid and White Opelucid, due to the city's slogan.

Also man I wonder how all those people survived (since everyone turns out A-ok in the games).

There goes the hope of a Hugh's Purrloin episode, since we've yet to see N and BW2 Ghetsis though.

Well Hugh is ew after all, so it's OK. (He was the only bad part of BW2 after all.)

No Bianca and Cheren is sad, though...

Well Hugh is ew after all, so it's OK. (He was the only bad part of BW2 after all.)

No Bianca and Cheren is sad, though...

I used to dislike Hugh, but after a while I started to grow really fond of the guy. I like him and his backstory much more than I used to.

That was quite a surprising apearance at the end yeah.

I had a feeling that the fusing of Kyurum would be the subject of todays episode and its nice to see Ghetsis again. Personally i'd have prefered to see his Hydreigon too, but this was still a good episode.

omg n is Zoroark confirmed ecks dee

Anyway, interesting episode.

The dialogue between N and Ghecis felt much more sadder than in the actual game.

The Ending was surprising, tough It makes the moment a bit too different from the one in the game.

So Hilbert and White/White 2 is canon? Neat.

But they used Black City previously.

This just feels like equal representation.

Anyways, N's VA didn't quite fit. Other than that, good episode. Hearing rearrangements of Ghetsis' theme and N's Farewell was great.

I have to say, I teared up a bit at the ending.

Ohai Touya/Hilbert, I thought you were off in another region looking in all the wrong places for N.

Also this episode really captures stuff I like about N. There's not much to say about it, it's basically the BW2 climax without Kyouhei/Nate or Mei/Rosa but with special guest star mentioned elsewhere.

Ghetsis having a breakdown, just as in BW2, N trying to get through to him just as in BW2, etc.

I hope we get a Sina/Dexio episode in Kalos, they need more love.

Edited by Glaceon Mage