Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck only appears in the Sinnoh post-game, and the player meets him as soon as he/she first arrives in the Fight Area. Then the player has to chase him to Stark Mountain to stop him from getting the Magma Stone and angering Heatran. He's pretty arrogant and full of himself, but amusing. lol

However, what's rather morbid is that after he decides to put the stone back, he's never seen again. You only find Heatran in the chamber where the stone was. It's almost like Heatran...I don't want to think about it.

Edited by Anacybele

I've no idea who Buck is, but I rather liked the action. The script might've been a bit...90's-y, but I rather enjoy how they portray mythic and legendary Pokémon in this anime.

He's one of the partners trainers in D/P/Pt.

He appears at Stark Mountain.

Fun fact: It's implied that Buck is Flint's younger brother. Flint being Fire type user of the Sinnoh Elite Four.

I've no idea who Buck is, but I rather liked the action. The script might've been a bit...90's-y, but I rather enjoy how they portray mythic and legendary Pokémon in this anime.

Buck only appears in the Sinnoh post-game, and the player meets him as soon as he/she first arrives in the Fight Area. He's pretty arrogant and full of himself, but amusing. lol

If I remember correctly, he's also Flint's brother.

Edit: Water Mage is fast lol

Edited by Glaceon Mage

If I remember correctly, he's also Flint's brother.

Fun fact: It's implied that Buck is Flint's younger brother. Flint being Fire type user of the Sinnoh Elite Four.

Where's this stated at? I don't recall and I've seen all of the Sinnoh anime and played through the Sinnoh games a bunch of times. It must be a manga-only thing or something, I guess?

If they're brothers, I'm willing to bet they're half brothers, because..well, different skin colors. It's extremely rare for the same set of parents to birth children of different skin colors.

Edited by Anacybele

Buck only appears in the Sinnoh post-game, and the player meets him as soon as he/she first arrives in the Fight Area. Then the player has to chase him to Stark Mountain to stop him from getting the Magma Stone and angering Heatran. He's pretty arrogant and full of himself, but amusing. lol

However, what's rather morbid is that after he decides to put the stone back, he's never seen again. You only find Heatran in the chamber where the stone was. It's almost like Heatran...I don't want to think about it.

You do see him again the Battle Tower as a partner.

Where's this stated at? I don't recall and I've seen all of the Sinnoh anime and played through the Sinnoh games a bunch of times. It must be a manga-only thing or something, I guess?

When you talk to him, he says his older brother is part of the Elite Four.

Flint is the most fitting to be his brother.

Edited by Water Mage

How is that a pun? Claydol isn't a Rock type. :P

No but Claydol used Psychic to lift rocks for his trainer.

Edited by Nym

"My big brother's one of the Elite Four. So, of course it's only normal that I'd be better than ordinary folks. But that's not what I want. I want to be tough on my own terms. It wouldn't be fair to Pokémon that chose to be with me."

You do see him again the Battle Tower as a partner.

When you talk to him, he says his older brother is part of the Elite Four.

Flint is the most fitting to be his brother.

Oh.

I don't remember him ever saying that. Where do you talk to him to get him to say it? I'm interested.

A bit of trivia:

It's also worth noting that Buck and the other partner trainers appear as opponents in the Survival Area. And each of them specializes in a stat.

Cheryl focus on Pokemon with high HP.

Mira focus on Pokemon with high Special Attack.

Riley focus on Pokemon with high Attack.

Marley focus on Pokemon with high Speed.

Buck focus on Pokemon with high Defense and Special Defense.

Oh.

I don't remember him ever saying that. Where do you talk to him to get him to say it? I'm interested.

When you talk to him while he's your partner.

You can talk to the partner when they are following you.

Edited by Water Mage

Yeah, my first thought there was Mud Bomb too, or at least Mud-Slap, but that would be so weak. xP There's also the possibility that it was Mud Shot, but Mud Bomb would make the most sense.

Based on how the main series anime animates it, it's most likely Mud Shot. Mud Bomb would have been larger and less numerous whereas Mud Slap would likely have just looked like mud being hurled like thrown sand.

It was quite the badass episode, especially Brycen not waiting for his Pokemon and just kicking the crap out of team Plasma by himself.

The voice acting was a bit sub par this episode though. The 7 sages and Skyla sounded a bit off in my opinion.

Edited by Sasori

Yeah this episode was pretty epic. And it comes from me that I didn't play gen V. Also, Elesa <3

What were that lot of castles coming from nowhere?

At the end of Black and White, N's Castle rises from the ground and attaches itself to the League, showing that Team Plasma was a working threat for quite a while right under everyone's noses. The Castle is then the setting for the finale of the game.

Also play Gen V, best gen.

At the end of Black and White, N's Castle rises from the ground and attaches itself to the League, showing that Team Plasma was a working threat for quite a while right under everyone's noses. The Castle is then the setting for the finale of the game.Also play Gen V, best gen.

2l8 man, I'll wait for its remake

Also yeah, the ice dude is pretty cool

2l8 man, I'll wait for its remake

Also yeah, the ice dude is pretty cool

If they remake B2W2 on top of BW, all I'll say is: They better not cut Challenge Mode or any of the post game features.

The Key system can go die though.

It's a pity he stops being a Gym Leader (with the exception of Cheren I prefer BW1's gym leader lineup), and that he was a pushover as one. His Gym puzzle was pretty fun at least.

Some of the voice lines are meh at best (namely Iris' and Skyla's) but the action is very good, especially that coming from Brycen and his Beartic!

There is a whole bunch of Plasma Grunts and their Pokemon standing on the sidelines during the final part of the episode, wonder why didn't they charge in with the fellow grunts when they and the Gym Leaders were about to clash? Friendly fire? :P

Pokémon trainers can fight alonside their pokémon now? And also be attacked apparently.

They really need to tell what trainers can do and what they can't do because that doesn't make sense.

To be fair, outside of a sanctioned battle, it makes sense to try to disable the trainer as well. So the Pokémon can't receive orders if they can't do as good without them. And the Teams wouldn't be playing by the rules anyway, from a non-gameplay statement, so might as well.

Don't know of the games (the whole set, main and spin-off), but the concept isn't new to other Pokémon media, in any case.

Okay, Burgh's VA is Yuri Lownethal using the exact same voice he used for Amane Nishiki in BlazBlue and Zhang He in Dynasty Warriors. This really doesn't help the topic of Burgh's sexuality.

Decent episode kinda ruined by cheesy voice lines. Brycen was a total badass.

Finally, the appearance of the best Champion

​Leavanny mimicking Burgh was fun as well.

I also loved seeing all the Gym Leader doing the pose at the end

​And I'm just glad they finally adapt the best gen, with such an iconic scene.

Decent episode kinda ruined by cheesy voice lines. Brycen was a total badass.

Maybe it's because I'm French, but I like the cheesy line.

I mean, if you don't shout your best line when the world faces is biggest risk, when will you ?

Better having fun while saving the world, right ?