Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

Not the one about off-screen death, though.

But yeah. In any case, talking about death used in media is already beyond the thread's topic since it would no longer be about Cheryl and Chansey's fate after the short, so it can be put to rest here.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow these episodes are amazing. Gaby & Ty were really cool, although I didn't see a magnemite!

BUT NO ZINNIA AND NO THEME

DISAPPOINTED/10

On the other hand, Cheryl and Chansey were fabulous. Chansey is adorbs, and the ghost girl in the end with BUNEARY was creepy as fuck, I thought she was a Froslass or something.

People also seem to forget the Onyx grave in the Gen 3 remakes of Red & Green, and the guy paying his respects.

Oh yeah, the one who asks for a Soda Pop or Lemonade right?

Another case of possible death that I remember is the old lady a Mt. Pyre in ORAS. When you first go to the top of the mountain there is a couple there, but when you return post game there's only the old man. Also during the post game, there is a scene is Mt. Pyre where you see Phoebe talking to a ghost, a then she mentions her grandmother told her about the player character.

I liked the episodes from 5 to 9(especially 9 because the battle didn't felt rushed. At least to me), but goddammit Episode 10 literally made me unable to sleep with Its ending. Really, thank you, Pokémon.

Also, Chansey is so cute that I wanna hug her.

Oh yeah, the one who asks for a Soda Pop or Lemonade right?

Another case of possible death that I remember is the old lady a Mt. Pyre in ORAS. When you first go to the top of the mountain there is a couple there, but when you return post game there's only the old man. Also during the post game, there is a scene is Mt. Pyre where you see Phoebe talking to a ghost, a then she mentions her grandmother told her about the player character.

Yeah thats the one.

Also huh I forgot to revisit Mt.Pyre in OR, I guess i'll have to do that in the future.

Death happens all the time in Pokémo, especially Pokémon deaths. Every region have graves for Pokémon (not so sure for Gen IV right now..., and not really in Gen VI)), and sometimes also a haunted house. Alder's backstory is actually that he's depressive because his dear Pokémon died.

Hell, the original Anime had Sabrina, which is extremely messed up and traumatic (No death, but Ash have his soul taken from his body at some point by the Ghosts Trio...)

I'm more worried about Gabby and Ty's fate than Chansey and Cheryl's, honnestly. The professor (Cosmo?) really doesn't want this information to be divulged.

As a side note, The MC is really a freaking badass there. In two episode (considering it's the same one), he accomplished far more than Red in all is carrier (Destroying Team Magma with Sceptile (type advantage is for losers anyway), and capturing Deoxys (not only a legendary but also a world destroying alien. Not mentionning he have Mega Rayquaza's support) Only BW MC was cannonically possessing a Legendary so far

Death happens all the time in Pokémo, especially Pokémon deaths. Every region have graves for Pokémon (not so sure for Gen IV right now..., and not really in Gen VI)), and sometimes also a haunted house. Alder's backstory is actually that he's depressive because his dear Pokémon died.

Hell, the original Anime had Sabrina, which is extremely messed up and traumatic (No death, but Ash have his soul taken from his body at some point by the Ghosts Trio...)

I'm more worried about Gabby and Ty's fate than Chansey and Cheryl's, honnestly. The professor (Cosmo?) really doesn't want this information to be divulged.

As a side note, The MC is really a freaking badass there. In two episode (considering it's the same one), he accomplished far more than Red in all is carrier (Destroying Team Magma with Sceptile (type advantage is for losers anyway), and capturing Deoxys (not only a legendary but also a world destroying alien. Not mentionning he have Mega Rayquaza's support) Only BW MC was cannonically possessing a Legendary so far

Doesn't XY force you to catch Xerneas/Yveltal, just as BW forced capture on Reshiram/Zekrom and ORAS forced Rayquaza?

Doesn't XY force you to catch Xerneas/Yveltal, just as BW forced capture on Reshiram/Zekrom and ORAS forced Rayquaza?

Oh yeah, right !

Come to think of it... It isn't said that Brendan (or May) kept it in this episode.

I'd say it's quite possible it was given to the Mossdeep Space center scientists.

Though, it is heavily implied it was kept in BW2, if I remember correctly (can't wait for when when they'll treat Gen 5 in Generations.)

I was just thinking, the Gen 4 arc might be rather long.

I say this because I think that each partner might have an episode, you know, Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Marley and Buck.

At the very least, it's already confirmed that Buck will appear in Pokemon Generations. Because in the Pokemon Generations's trailer, you can see a Claydol fighting a Heatran.

Yeah thats the one.

Also huh I forgot to revisit Mt.Pyre in OR, I guess i'll have to do that in the future.

There are ton of little details in the ORAS postgame.

For example, try examing every single bed and locker in Sea Mauville. There's tons of backstories hidden in that place. One of them being Prof. Cozmo's suprisingly tragic past and his father who lost his sanity. There are other stories in Sea Mauville as well.

You can also find Winona in Mauville, Flannery in the Schorced Slab, Brawly in the Contes Hall after winning the Master Rank, Roxanne in the Fossil Maniac's house and so on.

Edited by Water Mage

I was just thinking, the Gen 4 arc might be rather long.

I say this because I think that each partner might have an episode, you know, Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Marley and Buck.

At the very least, it's already confirmed that Buck will appear in Pokemon Generations. Because in the Pokemon Generations's trailer, you can see a Claydol fighting a Heatran.

There are ton of little details in the ORAS postgame.

For example, try examing every single bed and locker in Sea Mauville. There's tons of backstories hidden in that place. One of them being Prof. Cozmo's suprisingly tragic past and his father who lost his sanity. There are other stories in Sea Mauville as well.

You can also find Winona in Mauville, Flannery in the Schorced Slab, Brawly in the Contes Hall after winning the Master Rank, Roxanne in the Fossil Maniac's house and so on.

Wouldn't that make Gen V/VI shafted, every Gen has had three episodes so far, and the series has 18 episodes? Giving Sinnoh five would leave only 4 episodes for Unova and Kalos.

The remaining two Sinnoh episodes are probably going to be Buck and Cyrus.

Wouldn't that make Gen V/VI shafted, every Gen has had three episodes so far, and the series has 18 episodes? Giving Sinnoh five would leave only 4 episodes for Unova and Kalos.The remaining two Sinnoh episodes are probably going to be Buck and Cyrus.

Good point, I forgot that there were only 18 episodes.

So yeah, the next to episode will be most likely starring Buck and Cyrus.

They said they were going to be 18 total episodes?

Yes,it was said it was going to be 18 episodes.

Which is fitting since it would be 3 episodes per generation.

Edited by Water Mage

Laaame, I want to see more :<

Also, really weird that Steven didn't make an appearance, I thought all Champions were going to have a shot on their gen episodes.

I know, I wanted more too. And I don't think the Champions will be appearing. At least, Cynthia has very low chances of appearing since Buck was hinted in the trailer, and Cyrus appears in the poster.

My guess for the for the Gen V episodes will be an episode focusing on Bianca and Cheren, one focusing on Hugh, and one focusing on N and Ghetsis.

As for the Gen VI episodes, my guesses are that one episode will focus on Shauna, Tierno and Trevor, one will focus on Looker and Emma and one will focus on Lysandre and AZ.

What do you guys think?

I thought they did. Maybe I'm just misremembering things, but I could have sworn that was the case.

It was confirmed that there will be 18 episodes. Edited by Water Mage

I know, I wanted more too. And I don't think the Champions will be appearing. At least, Cythia has very low chances of appearing since Buck was hinted in the trailer, and Cyrus appears in the poster.

My guess for the for the Gen V episodes will be an episode focusing on Bianca and Cheren, one focusing on Hugh, and one focusing on N and Ghetsis.

As for the Gen VI episodes, my guesses are that one episode will focus on Shauna, Tierno and Trevor, one will focus on Looker and Emma and one will focus on Lysandre and AZ.

What do you guys think?

I would like to see Hugh's Sister's Purrloin getting stolen. Sure, it happens three years before BW1, but I'd love to see it depicted outside Special.

For Gen VI... Maybe some more details about the Great Offscreen War?

Maybe I'm being a little wishful about this but perhaps we might see other ghosts in Generations?

Sure, it could be taken that they showed the Old Chateau for Halloween, but aren't the other Ghosts still a little mysterious? Maybe not the Marvelous Bridge girl but the "No. You are not the one..." girl from Lumiose City would make some sense due to her popularity, right?

The pacing of this episode felt a bit off, but Giratina saved this episode(and the world I guess) with it's creepy vibe.

Giratina's entrace was very well done, and the arrangement of Giratina's battle theme was awesome.

Giratina was definitely the star of this episode.