What games did you put down and need to pick back up again(and finish)?

Busterman64

Fire Emblem 4... while technically I have "put it down" the only reason for doing so is that I'm in between Generations and I wanted to Fire Emblem 5 before going to Gen 2. Which reminds me.....

Fire Emblem 5. I have played so much Fire Emblem in the past several months that I am very burnt out right now. I need to take a bit of a break before I get back to beating this.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe. I played this game about Non-Stop when it first came out, I love this game and it was so much fun. But cramming in a lot of play time in the short amount of time burnt me out a little bit. I am playing Final Fantasy XIII right now and I plan on getting back to Tokyo Mirage Sessions after I beat that game.

Majora's Mask 3d. I played and beat Ocarina of Time for the first time a few months ago, ask my friend if I could someday borrow Majora's Mask and he let me borrow it way sooner than I was expecting. I didn't really want to play it immediately after Ocarina of Time, so I put a few hours into it then I put it down

Xenoblade Chronicles X. This is a fun but long game, I don't find it to be very story-driven but more so mission-driven, so this is probably going to be one of those games I slowly work on overtime.

Chrono Trigger AND The World Ends With You. I love both of these games to death, but what I have been playing are replays of the game, I rather work on games of haven't beaten first.

Codename S.T.E.A.M. ehhhh. This game is fun when I play it, but I don't ever really get a strong urge to play this game. It's not bad, it's just ok. It's not high on my priority list, but maybe I'll have the urge to play it someday

Final Fantasy 10-2. Very fun gameplay, bleh on other things in the game.... it's been such a while since I played the game that'll probably start over from the very beginning when I do play it.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones: Dropped it before the chapter where you get Syrene, saves somehow got deleted, played it again, got to chapter 16, put it back down again. Probably gonna pick it up again when I need some Fire Emblem.

The Urbz: Sims in the City: I dropped cuz I got whiny of some robbery in my house( bed got stolen, had to sleep on couch). Just picked it up again and fortunately no one stole my toilet, possibly the most awful tragedy to occur in this game.

Fire Emblem 4: I've replayed it like so many times but I never go past chapter 4, because of constant waiting for all my pairings to come true.

Golden Sun: Got bored by playing it too much. Dropped it at that flooded village.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon: Left it at the chapter where you first see Minerva. Kept losing units so I eventually got bored.

Final Fantasy 6: I just don't feel like completing this game. I really want to keep playing it, but I don't want it to end. I just love this game so much.

Final Fantasy 2: Same with FF6. I just don't want to end it.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Trails of Cold Steel, which I dropped mostly because I had other games that I wanted to play that were shorter. Also the Wonderful 101, which I stopped playing for similar reasons.

Edited by AzureSen

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon: Left it at the chapter where you first see Minerva. Kept losing units so I eventually got bored.

I was doing a Gaiden chapter run of Shadow Dragon and that was literally the same chapter I stopped playing the game to go replay Binding Blade.

Every Kirby game I've ever played.

Xenoblade Chronicles.

Pandora's Tower.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS.

Let me give you some advice about Pandora's Tower, when you get to the last two towers (which are beat at the same time) they messed up the loading time so what you have to do so that the game doesn't freeze is count to 10 before you click a tower and again when you confirm. It is a pain but it works so the game won't freeze, unless you get a cut scene with Elana.

Undertale. I've had it recommended to me from so many people and everyone I know seems to love it. The story is fun and all, and I love figuring out the little puzzles to spare enemies instead of killing them, but I absolutely hate the bullet hell segments of battle and it just turns me off from playing it. Someday I'll finish it, I guess.

Let me give you some advice about Pandora's Tower, when you get to the last two towers (which are beat at the same time) they messed up the loading time so what you have to do so that the game doesn't freeze is count to 10 before you click a tower and again when you confirm. It is a pain but it works so the game won't freeze, unless you get a cut scene with Elana.

Thanks! Now maybe I can actually finish it, heh.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

I love it. I love the world and the story... and then Ganondorf comes in and hijacks it. That was what basically made me stop playing altogether.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC:
This is mostly because of the announcement that Trails of Cold Steel 2 will be releasing on November 11 here in Europe, so I did a 100% playthrough of the first game to celebrate that (I finished it today, btw. It's also the first game I ever truly completed 100%.). I'll definitely finish this one.

Final Fantasy X-2:

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think this game is THAT bad. I like the story as far as I've seen and the gameplay is fine, too and while I honestly prefered X's battle system, I really love the job system in this game. I put it down because of the stupid minigames this thing forces on you all the time.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS:
I played it for a while, then I got bored with it. Now I only play it with a friend of mine and even then, Hyrule Warriors is more fun to play with a friend than this game is, to me at least. So now, Smash is pretty much just sitting there, existing.

I miss a true Adventure mode like in Melee or even the Subspace Emissary from Brawl.

Pokémon Omega Ruby:
I played it and was quickly bored out of my skull with how mindless everything is. And then came the Mega Evolutions, which felt even more tacked on than they did in the previous game, since no convincing or coherent explanation was given as to why it's even there. Kind of like with the kids in Fire Emblem Fates.

So yeah... this game basically killed Pokémon for me.

Dungeon Travellers 2:

3hard5me. Fun game, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

Pokémon Omega Ruby:

I played it and was quickly bored out of my skull with how mindless everything is. And then came the Mega Evolutions, which felt even more tacked on than they did in the previous game, since no convincing or coherent explanation was given as to why it's even there. Kind of like with the kids in Fire Emblem Fates.

Pokemon X & Y(mainly X), while I enjoyed it, burned me out. I still love the series(and X & Y aren't bad games), but...they were lacking a bit(especially in difficulty...) and that kinda killed some of my enthusiasm for this series. I didn't really even bother with OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire that much(other then the demo).

...I pray Pokemon Sun and Moon are good...I'm getting hyped for it with all these updates and I want it to be good(and Challenging)!

Please God...please... :Joshua:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC:

This is mostly because of the announcement that Trails of Cold Steel 2 will be releasing on November 11 here in Europe, so I did a 100% playthrough of the first game to celebrate that (I finished it today, btw. It's also the first game I ever truly completed 100%.). I'll definitely finish this one.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky...That game any good?

I've seen a certain Administrator on the forum use it as a profile pic and signature for a long time. Always got me curious about it.

Pokémon Omega Ruby:

Why do you say "previous games" when that's a massive technicality, as there had only been one set of games with them before ORAS- X and Y.

And you seriously took issue because there was no plot justification (in a Pokemon game) for a gameplay mechanic?

But yeah, I skipped ORAS. I've seen LP's of it, and I really like the Delta Episode- just not enough to plow through a game that, at it's core, is something I played nearly a decade ago. I also skipped B2/W2 before that, and X was mostly an impulse buy. Sun and Moon are the first Pokemon games that I've been honestly hyped for since Black and White.

I've seen a certain Administrator on the forum use it as a profile pic and signature for a long time. Always got me curious about it.

Trails in the Sky is amazing, great worldbuilding, characters, etc. I could go on and on about it. Of course start with FC (First Chapter) and go onto (Second Chapter) etc.

They are on steam currently even.

Edited by Jedi

Pokemon X & Y(mainly X), while I enjoyed it, burned me out. I still love the series(and X & Y aren't bad games), but...they were lacking a bit(especially in difficulty...) and that kinda killed some of my enthusiasm for this series. I didn't really even bother with OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire that much(other then the demo).

...I pray Pokemon Sun and Moon are good...I'm getting hyped for it with all these updates and I want it to be good(and Challenging)!

Please God...please... :Joshua:

I only played SC (the second chapter), but I really love it! It's great!

The admin you mean has a signature and profile pic from Trails of Cold Steel, another amazing game. Get it, if you're interested.

Why do you say "previous games" when that's a massive technicality, as there had only been one set of games with them before ORAS- X and Y.

And you seriously took issue because there was no plot justification (in a Pokemon game) for a gameplay mechanic?

But yeah, I skipped ORAS. I've seen LP's of it, and I really like the Delta Episode- just not enough to plow through a game that, at it's core, is something I played nearly a decade ago. I also skipped B2/W2 before that, and X was mostly an impulse buy. Sun and Moon are the first Pokemon games that I've been honestly hyped for since Black and White.

I meant both X and Y with 'previous games'.

As for Pokémon suddenly turning into Digimon for whatever reason:

Pokémon always had world building going for it and even though it only had a rich narrative in two sets of games - that being B/W and B2/W2 - they always had the world-building part down to a T. We had Mewtwo's origin story, the story of how Lugia and Ho-Oh came to be where they were, how Raikou, Entei and Suicune were born, why the Regi trio was sealed away, why Heatran existed and why Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem were seperate entities. Heck, we even got an origin story for the entire Pokémon world!

Mega Evolution has torn open a huge plot hole. The little snippets on how it worked and why it was even possible in X and Y, which I could BARELY pass off as acceptable, were immediately thrown out the window come ORAS.

For example: In X and Y, it was said that a certain trainer was the first to invoke Mega Evolution in his Lucario. ORAS revamped that and said that Rayquaza was the first Pokémon to ever Mega Digivolve.

In X and Y, Prof Sycamore said that he theorises that Mega Evolution might be Kalos only, because Xerneas'/Yveltal's power fused into the ultimate weapon and the subsequent blast from it was what created the Mega Stones in the first place. Then suddenly, it was available in Hoenn and it was never explained why it was there. And that was about the point I gave up on the Pokémon franchise as a whole.

I grew up with Pokémon. I played the games since Red and Blue came out, the games and especially the creatures themselves carried me through a nightmare of a childhood and I wouldn't be so disappointed in them if I didn't love them so much. But Mega Evolution in and of itself killed any love I had left for Pokémon.

I still love the creatures themselves (safe for a few blunders here and there) and I still collect the Trading Cards, but the games? No, thank you.

As you might expect, I have zero interest in Sun and Moon. The new Pokémon are not appealing to me design-wise and awesome Pokémon designs were pretty much the only reason I bothered with X and Y.

And I will never forgive them for turning my absolute favourite grass-type Pokémon (Exeggutor) into the laughing stock of the internet with their shitty Alolan form.

Again, this is just a me-thing.

Sorry if I got a bit rant-y there, but as you can see, I'm still quite passionate about Pokémon, despite everything else. I guess old habits die hard, huh?

Edited by DragonFlames

I meant both X and Y with 'previous games'.

As for Pokémon suddenly turning into Digimon for whatever reason:

Pokémon always had world building going for it and even though it only had a rich narrative in two sets of games - that being B/W and B2/W2 - they always had the world-building part down to a T. We had Mewtwo's origin story, the story of how Lugia and Ho-Oh came to be where they were, how Raikou, Entei and Suicune were born, why the Regi trio was sealed away, why Heatran existed and why Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem were seperate entities. Heck, we even got an origin story for the entire Pokémon world!

Mega Evolution has torn open a huge plot hole. The little snippets on how it worked and why it was even possible in X and Y, which I could BARELY pass off as acceptable, were immediately thrown out the window come ORAS.

For example: In X and Y, it was said that a certain trainer was the first to invoke Mega Evolution in his Lucario. ORAS revamped that and said that Rayquaza was the first Pokémon to ever Mega Digivolve.

In X and Y, Prof Sycamore said that he theorises that Mega Evolution might be Kalos only, because Xerneas'/Yveltal's power fused into the ultimate weapon and the subsequent blast from it was what created the Mega Stones in the first place. Then suddenly, it was available in Hoenn and it was never explained why it was there. And that was about the point I gave up on the Pokémon franchise as a whole.

I grew up with Pokémon. I played the games since Red and Blue came out, the games and especially the creatures themselves carried me through a nightmare of a childhood and I wouldn't be so disappointed in them if I didn't love them so much. But Mega Evolution in and of itself killed any love I had left for Pokémon.

I still love the creatures themselves (safe for a few blunders here and there) and I still collect the Trading Cards, but the games? No, thank you.

As you might expect, I have zero interest in Sun and Moon. The new Pokémon are not appealing to me design-wise and awesome Pokémon designs were pretty much the only reason I bothered with X and Y.

And I will never forgive them for turning my absolute favourite grass-type Pokémon (Exeggutor) into the laughing stock of the internet with their shitty Alolan form.

Again, this is just a me-thing.

Sorry if I got a bit rant-y there, but as you can see, I'm still quite passionate about Pokémon, despite everything else. I guess old habits die hard, huh?

Honestly, this is so opinionated that I can't argue or reason with it- you're 100% set in your thoughts here. Personally think most of it reads as incredibly kneejerk and overly-passionate ("Mega Evolution killed any love I had left for Pokemon", random Digimon comparision/dissing even though that series has only a cult following now and panders with fanservice), but plenty of others will be the judge of that.

Picked back up:

Dragon Quest IX-Challenged the Wight Knight with just myself, got my ass kicked. Found out how to recruit party members, grinded them a little bit, kicked his ass.

Pokemon: I adore this series, but after gifting Y to my sister's boyfriend, I stopped really playing it. But with Sun and Moon coming out around Thanksgiving, I'm eager to brush up and maybe even do nuzlocking again.

Yet to pick back up:

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-I beat the Wind Temple, so you know what that means.

Mass Effect- As much as love this series, everyone in my family has played it to death.

Dragon Age- I hate that I always lose the drive to play this game whenever I hit Orzammar. It'll come to me eventually, though.