"Interesting" Thing I Found In FE1

SirSword

So I was messing around with Lena in Chapter 9 (for no reason at all), and while using the Physic Staff, I pressed A on a blank space (where she originally moved from, to be specific), and saw Lena "healing" herself. I'm guessing what happens is that before a unit ends their turn, the game hasn't updated their current position, so Lena's technically still on the space she moved from, even though she's not visually on there (I feel like this is confusing to understand). Sadly, nothing happened to her HP, so she didn't really get healed :(.

I'm not sure if this has been found before, but I still decided to post this. I'm also not really expecting any replies on this...

Did she get experience from it?

I know punk emblem already answered, but even if clerics could gain EXP from healing, she's already at Level 20, so it wouldn't matter.

Edited by SirSword

I know punk emblem already answered, but even if clerics could gain EXP from healing, she's already at Level 20, so it wouldn't matter.

How the BLEEP did you get lena to level 20?! I know healers get EXP as if they killed any enemy who attacks them, but that's still a lot of risks.

How the BLEEP did you get lena to level 20?! I know healers get EXP as if they killed any enemy who attacks them, but that's still a lot of risks.

It's actually super easy to get both Wrys and Lena to level 20 in pretty short order in Chapter 3. There's a Thief who hangs out right next to a fort, so you can just camp them there and have them tank the super-weak physical attacks for 40+ EXP a pop until they're both level 20. Healers get the same EXP from surviving attacks as a combat unit would from killing the attacking enemy. This is as exploitable as it sounds.

In response to OP, that is pretty interesting. It's a shame she doesn't end up healing herself, though; I've always wondered why characters can never use Staves on themselves without it being a special property of the specific staff in question (i.e. Balmwood Staff).

Edited by Topaz Light

• 3 weeks later...