New Pairings </3 Kaze

Twilight Cinder

So Ryoma gutted me when I finally started Conquest lol.

Anyway I'm playing around with some pairings and wanted a few opinions ^^

Azura + Niles

Mozu + Jakob

Camilla + Silas

Beruka + Kaze

??? + Xander

Effie + Benny

Peri + Keaton

??? + Arthur

Elise + Odin

Charlotte + Laslow

Avatar + Leo with Diviner is actually pretty good. I've done it before, makes a great(er) Forrest.

Not really sure why you "want" Felicia AND Nyx with Xander or Arthur... Both don't like the magic. You're better of to give Felicia to Niles then, if you want to be different. Nyx can do great with Kaze. Ever tried magic Midori?! She rocks!

Others seem okay, nothing special. You can get Selena on Xander for the speed. Or Azura x Xander for the same, but a bit better.

Imo, I'd recommend Felicia x Kaze just for the sake of Midori.

Really? TBH, the only thing Midori really get's out of it is some more Speed and building on her dad's non negative Magic mod. Other than that, she's pretty weak offensively and since Conquest has the least opportunity to gain EXP (TC hasn't specified if they have Boo Camp or not), her Magic really won't get high enough to make use of the Mod. I'd say it actually makes one of the least useful Midori's, at least for Conquest. Even with TC's unpaired characters, I'd still say Selena is the better pick and her Midori is pretty average

Edited by Avalanche

My Avatar is magic based hence why I decided to go with Leo. For the most part I was using the inheritance planner to boost like stats and get good/decent outcomes but the ??? is where I have ended up with odd ones and am unsure of which way to go basically.

This has also been suggested to me:

Azura + Laslow

Nyx + Jakob

Selena + Silas

Beruka + Kaze

Charlotte + Xander

Peri + Benny

Camilla + Keaton

Effie + Arthur

Elise + Odin

Mozu + Niles

For some reason I have the desire to make Azura a Ninja somehow lol.

Also to clarify - I do have all the DLC.

Edited by Twilight Cinder

You do realize both screenshots in your signature display the same code, don't you?

Anyways as far as who the parents are doesn't really affect much. The 2 biggest rules you want to keep consistent with matchmaking for good children are:

-Both parents should use the same attacking stat (i.e. Str and Str, Mag and Mag)

-Both parents should be active in the party if you want children with good stats

For instance, in the one you suggest Mozu x Jakob would be a poor pairing because Dwyer is mostly magical and Mozu's speed and Strength would be lost on him. For an Archer Mozu I feel Silas compliments her well since he passes offensive stats on a guard stance and can carry her around with his high movement, aplus they both resonate well in attack stance due to positioning.

As for the second rule, it can be broken if the child is someone who is REALLY good, like Velouria or Ophelia, so long as you stick to the first rule.

Also the second rule I should encourage you that the parents work well in guard stance together, but if they don't you can shift around pairings using A supports with same-gendered units. Parents inherit stats to their children if they're higher level than their children when you recruit the children, more so than the stats themselves being very high, and having a high base stat is more important than having a high.

As for Xander, it's a good idea to use Charlotte for him. She passes great Strength and Speed and even if you don't want to level her up just promote her to berserker and keep her tugged into Xander's back just to give him +8 in Str and +5 in Speed. Another good mother for Seigbert and wife for Xander is Selena since she passes a lot of speed to Xander in Guard Stance, and will pass good defensive stats to Seigbert. For Arthur if you're using him he really compliments well with Effie and Beruka, for his Berserker class patches up his speed, and their defensive bonuses on pairup resonate very well with his rocket-high HP. Both give you a great Percy, but if you don't use Arthur just give him whoever is a physical unit.

As far as personal experience go: Kaze and Peri work well, since Peri gives more move and offense to Kaze as Great Knight and Kaze gives Peri 8 move as a Great Knight and the ability to go even faster. Midori will end up with high speed, strength and Elbow Room to get more damage. If you're not gonna use Keaton, whoI usually don't, and want to use Velouria, who I always have used, you can: Marry him to Camilla using online castle battles and keep Camilla and Velouria tucked together after you recruit Velouria instead. Another thing is just give Keaton whoever, just mind the skill you pass down even if you are not using the mother. For instance, Selena wants to pass down Strong Riposte, Beruka Str +2, Mozu Quick Draw, Peri Elbow Room, things like that with more tangible and direct impact. Azura passes quite a lot of speed to Velouria, but she will lack an offensive skill without Online Battles, which I am too lazy to use.

If you're using Mozu as an Archer and you managed to get her Quick Draw, pass down that instead of aptitude. Quick Draw is much better than a 10% increase to growths. Just think of giving +4 Damage right away instead of 3 points in all stats over the course of about 30 levels.

It's a valid practice to experiment, so go ahead and don't be afraid to make mistakes, Camilla will kill everything and Xander will wall everything anyways. Highlight children you should want to use are: Sophie, Siegbert, Velouria and Ophelia. I particularly like to A+ Sophie as a Hero an Velouria. This will make Sophie learn during the Hero class all the skills from the Fighter line, which are pretty neat.

. . .Dwyer's magical? Last I checked, Jakob's mods are VERY physical!

Anyway, I'm gonna use this list:

Azura + Laslow

Nyx + Jakob

Selena + Silas

Beruka + Kaze

Charlotte + Xander

Peri + Benny

Camilla + Keaton

Effie + Arthur

Elise + Odin

Mozu + Niles

Stuff that I feel like commenting on:

- Nyx and Jakob will produce a mixed Dwyer. He'll function as a Grandmaster/Dark Knight, and do decently enough. Not sure if that's what you wanted out of him, though.

- Beruka/Kaze turns Midori into a VERY interesting support unit. Change her class depending on what support bonuses you need!

- Never seen Peri/Benny before, but I really like the mods and class inheritance!

- I really don't like Mozu/Niles, because the resulting Nina gets Aptitude, Niles gets Archer, and Mozu gets shafted. I'd swap Nyx and Mozu, so that Nina winds up purely magical, and Dwyer gets to be a boring Paladin with Aptitude.

Edited by eggclipse

Really? TBH, the only thing Midori really get's out of it is some more Speed and building on her dad's non negative Magic mod. Other than that, she's pretty weak offensively and since Conquest has the least opportunity to gain EXP (TC hasn't specified if they have Boo Camp or not), her Magic really won't get high enough to make use of the Mod. I'd say it actually makes one of the least useful Midori's, at least for Conquest. Even with TC's unpaired characters, I'd still say Selena is the better pick and her Midori is pretty average

Well when you put it that way I guess you have a good point, then again I did say IMO. Even still, I mainly prefer Felicia just because she has high enough growth rates in Luck to help Midori's personal skill. So yeah...o3o

Edited by Douglas MacArthur

. . .Dwyer's magical? Last I checked, Jakob's mods are VERY physical!

Mods, yes, but take into consideration that:

a) This is Conquest, not much place to grind

b) Statues exist, so mods can be patched up. Even on Conquest a gold statue on Leo and/or a +Mag Corrin will raise Magic.

c) You're not gonna see caps often unless they're low

Jakob's mods might give him positive strength and negative mag, and hell his growths might be more leaning to strength, but you still have to face the problem that he starts off as a troubadour so his weapon rank with any weapon whatsoever will be E, his base strength will be pitiful by the time you get him due to auto leveling on a magical class. He has the same problem as Forrest where making him anything other than a Strategist is much more trouble than it's worth, and staffers are a diamond in a dozen (Felicia, Elise, Flora, Forrest, Izana). He might have potential in strength but he has nothing to nurture that and if you make him a Butler he's just gonna be a worse Jakob, who isn't stellar. His Personal skill is also pretty garbage.

You might be thinking "weapon rank is nothing, I can just patch it up with an Arms scroll!". But you only get so many Arms Scrolls and they can be used better on other units.

Edited by SalShich10N

b) Statues exist, so mods can be patched up. Even on Conquest a gold statue on Leo and/or a +Mag Corrin will raise Magic.

Jakob's mods might give him positive strength and negative mag, and hell his growths might be more leaning to strength, but you still have to face the problem that he starts off as a troubadour so his weapon rank with any weapon whatsoever will be E, his base strength will be pitiful by the time you get him due to auto leveling on a magical class. He has the same problem as Forrest where making him anything other than a Strategist is much more trouble than it's worth, and staffers are a diamond in a dozen (Felicia, Elise, Flora, Forrest, Izana). He might have potential in strength but he has nothing to nurture that and if you make him a Butler he's just gonna be a worse Jakob, who isn't stellar. His Personal skill is also pretty garbage.

You might be thinking "weapon rank is nothing, I can just patch it up with an Arms scroll!". But you only get so many Arms Scrolls and they can be used better on other units.

This is pretty much the best summation of Dwyer during Main Game that I've seen. The only way he'll ever really shine in a Physical class (in Conquest) is if he's recruited early to work out of E Rank Weapons, or given an Arms Scroll. Yes, his base Physical parameters are better than his Magical ones (Positive Strength Cap, 45% Base Growth ect.), but his Magical Potential isn't bad in any way (30% Base Magic Growth, access to a Mounted Healing Class and he is actually one the few people who can make Elise work well as a Mom). Awakening really got people to place a little too much stake in Modifiers, as that game honestly had DLC content where they really mattered. Fates doesn't have that, so I would honestly argue Modifiers are now the least important part of inheritance.

Edited by Avalanche

This is pretty much the best summation of Dwyer during Main Game that I've seen. The only way he'll ever really shine in a Physical class (in Conquest) is if he's recruited early to work out of E Rank Weapons, or given an Arms Scroll. Yes, his base Physical parameters are better than his Magical ones (Positive Strength Cap, 45% Base Growth ect.), but his Magical Potential isn't bad in any way (30% Base Magic Growth, access to a Mounted Healing Class and he is actually one the few people who can make Elise work well as a Mom). Awakening really got people to place a little too much stake in Modifiers, as that game honestly had DLC content where they really mattered. Fates doesn't have that, so I would honestly argue Modifiers are now the least important part of inheritance.

People also overate Growths a bit. For instance the difference in Str for, let's say Velouria, between having Selena as her mom and Azura as her mom is 10. Selena gives you a 60% Str Wolfskin and Azura gives you 70% Str. In theory Azura is far better because on top of that she gives 8% more Speed which is a more palpable stat. However in reality The difference of 10% in the long run is just 1 point between level 10 and 20 unpromoted, 2 points by level 20/10 and 3 points by level 20/20. Little more than a stat booster.

However Azura is a Dancer, so her level will be low and she will most likely pass down few stats on inheritance, and has absolutely no skill naturally to give at best Voice of Peace if you manage to somehow get Azura to level 25. Selena on the other hand, if you're using her then she'll pass down more base stats, a more tangible advantage and has Strong Riposte. Which guarantees on the enemy turn 3 more damage, which is exactly the advantage Azura's growths promise over the course of 30 levels, immediately. Not only that, Strong Riposte has good synergy with the Beastrune for tanking and taking hits.

Overall I feel the most important aspects is the parent's level, i.e. if you're actually using the parents, and the skills the parents can give. And I feel stuff like Elbow Room, Strong Riposte, Quick Draw, stuff that gives raw damage is much better than proc skills like Luna, Sol or Astra.

Edited by SalShich10N

There's a few solutions to this:

1. Azura as a mom for Falcoknight access - all the staff rank, and forged Bronze Lances aren't the end of the world.

2. Go Dread Fighter after using the Child Seal, and turn him into the ultimate mage killer (pass Tomebreaker).

3. Arms Scroll, if literally no one else is using it.

4. Support unit, because I can't think of too many people that get mad with a Great Knight behind them, and Dwyer's personal skill is garbage.

Not every unit is destined to be front and center killing things. I'd rather have Elise up front, since her personal skill does something in battles. Someone like Dwyer can donate pair-up bonuses and the like, if raising him is too hard. Regardless, I'd rather save the magical moms for actual magical children, since there's two obvious ones and one more that functions better as a mage.

There's a few solutions to this:

1. Azura as a mom for Falcoknight access - all the staff rank, and forged Bronze Lances aren't the end of the world.

2. Go Dread Fighter after using the Child Seal, and turn him into the ultimate mage killer (pass Tomebreaker).

3. Arms Scroll, if literally no one else is using it.

4. Support unit, because I can't think of too many people that get mad with a Great Knight behind them, and Dwyer's personal skill is garbage.

Not every unit is destined to be front and center killing things. I'd rather have Elise up front, since her personal skill does something in battles. Someone like Dwyer can donate pair-up bonuses and the like, if raising him is too hard. Regardless, I'd rather save the magical moms for actual magical children, since there's two obvious ones and one more that functions better as a mage.

Yes those are solutions but they come with their fair share of problems

1, Azura is an incredible mom for children that can fight, you'd be screwing not one other, but two children in that exchange just to make Dwyer a flying staff user. Selena can be also be a Falco Staffer since you can make her one quickly by giving her a Master Seal and a Parallel seal as soon as chapter 10.

2. Dread Fighter still has the E rank problem, and it still doesn't gives you anything better than Selena, Jakob, Kaze, Soleil, Odin or Arthur as a Dread Fighter.

3. Arms Scrolls are always in demand. You will eventually promote units that will want to raise their weaker weapons and without arms scrolls chances are you might not even see A ranks in the entirety of Conquest, let alone S ranks.

4. There are much easier ways to get good support units. Jakob himself can be exactly that which you describe from the get go. Hell Gunther can be a better pair-up option since he can be Wyvern Lord, which when stacked with his personal and A/S rank bonuses it becomes insane. Like I said: Felicia, Flora, Elise, Izana, are all much better and Forrest at least comes with the ability to pop Dragon Veins regardless of the parent.

You don't really need more than Felicia and Elise at all when it comes to staves, and by the time you might want one more you can just get Flora at chapter 25 and she'll have B rank in staves and a ton of skill to actually status effects.

Also what magical children? You only get Ophelia and Forrest in Conquest and magical mothers are: Elise, Nyx and Felicia. Dwyer and Kanna is the only other children that can be seen as a "magical" unit and Kanna has a larger pool of mothers to work with if Kanna is female. Hell if a male Corrin marries a 1st gen woman Dwyer is one of the first candidates for not existing.

Edited by SalShich10N

1. IIRC, Shigure gets the Wyvern line if Azura marries Jakob, which is great for him (as he's got the lance rank for Wyvern Lord). That leaves Dwyer, and whoever else Azura would've married, which would take me longer to list than I have right now.

2. Use Child Seal to go into Butler, class change into Dread Fighter, maybe forge a Bronze Dagger. . .or just stick with the Pebble, which is one of my favorite hidden weapons. One of the weird benefits that hidden weapons have is being really useful even at E rank. It's not "solo everything" mode, but it's far more than the likes of a Bronze Sword can do.

3. I usually don't use weapons much beyond C ranks (except staves, but that's what Elise is for). Never liked the Silver stat reduction, and didn't really care for much of the A-rank weapons (the only Brave weapon I like is a C-rank tome). About the only time I'd consider them is for PvP, in which case the "no grind" thing is tossed out the window.

4. Jakob can work without being in back, due to his personal skill being useful for one more character than Dwyer's. Gunter's probably not gonna see S support, and I can't see myself bringing Gunter along in lategame, even as a pair-up bot (Corrin will probably be paired with his/her spouse, and I am NOT marrying Gunter). Izana's personal skill requires playing around it, as opposed to playing with it. I'd pick Flora over Felicia, due to the former's ability to use everything else besides a Flame Shuriken and possibly doing damage.

Nina's better off magical. Pair Niles with Nyx and she gets the Diviner line. Or, just stick her with a Shining Bow (which her paralogue conveniently gives the player), and watch the fireworks. The only proc she can get from her innate classes is Vengeance, and we all know how OP it isn't.

1. IIRC, Shigure gets the Wyvern line if Azura marries Jakob, which is great for him (as he's got the lance rank for Wyvern Lord). That leaves Dwyer, and whoever else Azura would've married, which would take me longer to list than I have right now.

Confirming this, and Shigure is decent as a Wyvern Lord. Azura!Dwyer is actually not at all bad as a Wyvern Lord either, and does well as a pegasus as well IMO

Personally, I think the complaints about weapon rank are bullcrap - it's not like this is FE6, where raising weapon ranks took forever and a day. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Personally, I think the complaints about weapon rank are bullcrap - it's not like this is FE6, where raising weapon ranks took forever and a day.

I'd say its pretty much on par with FE6. Weapon Ranks take a while here, especially compared to Awakening.

Edited by Avalanche

Personally, I think the complaints about weapon rank are bullcrap - it's not like this is FE6, where raising weapon ranks took forever and a day.

Perhaps in Birthright or Revelations, because online battles do raise weapon rank. However in Conquest online battles do not give you weapon rank, so you really have to work with what you have. And with limited amount of maps, quite a few units that can one-shot many things, and children units that usually arrive on the later part of the midgame it is quite the issue. I will admit that C rank should be plenty, but the trial between E rank to D is huge during the midgame, since Bronze Weapons do not kill reliably (specially weapons like Daggers and Shuriken) and Raider weapons have low accuracy. Do remember that weapon ranks do not only allow you to use more weapons, but also increases hit rate and damage dealt. The game also only really makes it safe for you to use forged Irons and Steels, because Killer Weapons are not really as reliable due to low mt, Silver Weapons are expensive and should only be used sparingly.

Plus you can get much better for much less as far as children go. Give Xander a Charlotte backpack and Seigbert is born with the ability to be either an amazing Paladin, Great Knight or Hero that has at least a C rank in it's main weapons. Give Leo a clumsy maid for his fancy and you get a Forrest with (fittingly) Demoiselle, which can effectively reduce damage to every unit around him regardless of gender AND that will stack with Inspiration if you manage get him that.

Xander wants either Charlotte or Selena, and I prefer Selena. Charlotte's strength is nice, but really Xander has a ton, so the important thing from these wives for Xander is speed, and they both have the same amount of personal speed bonuses and access to classes that give +3. But Selena also has access to Falcon Knight, which will boost Xander's move and resistance along with his speed, which I would argue is far more useful than the strength bonus.

Perhaps in Birthright or Revelations, because online battles do raise weapon rank. However in Conquest online battles do not give you weapon rank, so you really have to work with what you have. And with limited amount of maps, quite a few units that can one-shot many things, and children units that usually arrive on the later part of the midgame it is quite the issue. I will admit that C rank should be plenty, but the trial between E rank to D is huge during the midgame, since Bronze Weapons do not kill reliably (specially weapons like Daggers and Shuriken) and Raider weapons have low accuracy. Do remember that weapon ranks do not only allow you to use more weapons, but also increases hit rate and damage dealt. The game also only really makes it safe for you to use forged Irons and Steels, because Killer Weapons are not really as reliable due to low mt, Silver Weapons are expensive and should only be used sparingly.

Plus you can get much better for much less as far as children go. Give Xander a Charlotte backpack and Seigbert is born with the ability to be either an amazing Paladin, Great Knight or Hero that has at least a C rank in it's main weapons. Give Leo a clumsy maid for his fancy and you get a Forrest with (fittingly) Demoiselle, which can effectively reduce damage to every unit around him regardless of gender AND that will stack with Inspiration if you manage get him that.

Perhaps you have a point, but it only takes 20 attacks to go from E to D, and with dual attacks being a thing, I tend to find that to pass quickly. Same for D to C. B to A and A to S do go by slowly, I'll admit.

WRT the children, if that's a defense for waiting until they come with Offspring Seals, I just don't see the appeal - some of the paralogues become more trouble than they're worth to attempt then *glares at Ignatius, Forrest, and Shiro*. What's more, it ain't like Offspring Seals make the kids overpowered. And I don't know why you mention Siegbert, since I seriously doubt he'll outclass Xander. As for Forrest, assuming I did marry Leo to Felicia, I'd likely have her pass down Inspiration instead of Demoiselle, because otherwise, I can't expect to get it until the game's nearly over.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Perhaps you have a point, but it only takes 20 attacks to go from E to D, and with dual attacks being a thing, I tend to find that to pass quickly. Same for D to C. B to A and A to S do go by slowly, I'll admit.

WRT the children, if that's a defense for waiting until they come with Offspring Seals, I just don't see the appeal - some of the paralogues become more trouble than they're worth to attempt then *glares at Ignatius, Forrest, and Shiro*. What's more, it ain't like Offspring Seals make the kids overpowered. And I don't know why you mention Siegbert, since I seriously doubt he'll outclass Xander. As for Forrest, assuming I did marry Leo to Felicia, I'd likely have her pass down Inspiration instead of Demoiselle, because otherwise, I can't expect to get it until the game's nearly over.

Yes it "only" takes 20 weapon swings, which would be 10 battles if you double. However chances are that on cases your bronze weapon might not kill, say 2x 10 damage vs an enemy with 23 HP, and someone like Camilla might just outright murder them in a single hit. Finding an opportunity to make those swings is hard. I'll admit it's much easier with Shurikens and Daggers since they at least debuff so it's worth the chip damage.

Siegbert will not outclass Xander, by no means, but he'll be a good unit, about as good as Silas if not better if you managed to get some inheritance stats from. He'll also be a better Hero than Arthur and his main weapon will not be stuck at B rank. As for Forrest, I actually never considered making her a Strategist, I like her as a maid since the Flame Shuriken is so damn good and Elise is already the mounted healer.

Why would you rush the paralogues? The paralogues' greatest value often isn't the children you get, since some of them are irredeemable, but rather in the experience you can get from them, and the longer you wait, the better that will be. Shipping all of your soldiers and using the paralogues as experience fodder grants you extremely precious experience on conquest.

Why would you rush the paralogues? The paralogues' greatest value often isn't the children you get, since some of them are irredeemable, but rather in the experience you can get from them, and the longer you wait, the better that will be. Shipping all of your soldiers and using the paralogues as experience fodder grants you extremely precious experience on conquest.

Um, because some of them are poorly designed for lategame? Or because I'd rather not have the paralogues get stupidly hard to the point where it's a case of "see map, say nope"?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia