Favorite Cain and Abel duo

LowTierFE7Tresh

You know I find it kinda ironic that despite the Cain and Abels usually are depicted as best friends, the biblical characters the first pair were named after were siblings that fought to the death.

No, what's ironic is that in FE it's Abel that ends up being the traitor rather than Cain (though he had good reasons).

I'll go with Cain and Abel, because not only are they both great units that really stand out despite FE1/3/11/12 being loaded down with tons of Cavaliers, but because they're probably the most plot-relevant of all the Christmas Cavs (Cain in FE3 is basically Marth's second in command).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kent was O.k in m ees,but his relationship with Sain is hilarious,but Sain was awesome,which character has all support conversations related to pck-up lines?? Not counting the one with Louise,these were another level.

Was I the only one who preferred Kent?

I mean, I love Sain and everything, but Kent was so sweet.

Was I the only one who preferred Kent?

I mean, I love Sain and everything, but Kent was so sweet.

Kent is the type of person I'd aspire to be more like, so nah, you aren't alone.

Hard to answer.
I like pretty much each of the red-green cavalier duos except for the FE7 ones (Ken and Sain always turned out badly for me) and FE9 Titania for being promoted.
The most usable ones were Alance for me mainly because of their fast support.

Kieran's japanese name is Kevin

It's also in German.

ANd Kieran is clearly the Cain in PoR though. And he's a great unit in that game.

It's implied in RD too, but they don't fight in the same army until Part III-11, so it's harder to see. They have a Base convo where they have the Cain and Abel attitude, and the game states that he's Oscar's rival or something like that in the game's roster.

It's implied in RD too, but they don't fight in the same army until Part III-11, so it's harder to see. They have a Base convo where they have the Cain and Abel attitude, and the game states that he's Oscar's rival or something like that in the game's roster.

Except I was clearly not talking about RD since I said "PoR?"

Yeah, no need to feel offended, they are just Cain and Abel archetypes in Radiant Dawn too, so I just posted that as a supplement to what you already said.

I wasn't offended, I was just confused because people kept bringing up RD when quoting me even though I was saying PoR. My bad. xP

I wasn't offended, I was just confused because people kept bringing up RD when quoting me even though I was saying PoR. My bad. xP

My bad, I basically always consider them so much as a pair, one does not come in my mind without the other :) But I does not confound them. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Ah, yeah, Oscar and Kieran are a bit of an oddball when it comes to the Cain/Abel duo since they never join together. But they still are one because of Kieran's one-sided rivalry, their stats and growths, and the colors of their armor.

Also, Stahl and Sully don't join in the same chapter in Awakening either, yet nobody says they're awkward. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Kyle and Forde have the best dynamics IMO.

Sully & Stahl, Cain & Abel, Alan & Lance and Alec & Noish are cool too. Not a fan of Sain & Kent (mainly because of Sain), and Oscar & Kieran barely count by the archetype (although I like the separately). Luke & Rody are OK in FE3 but they're kinda ruined in FE12. Alva and Kein might as well not even exist.

I basically always consider them so much as a pair, one does not come in my mind without the other :).

same here

That's the reason why I consider rather Titania as a "Cain-type"... at least in FE10. She's not so many levels ahead of Oscar and both share the same speed. Both join in both games at the same time but in FE9 she's really the "Jagen". Kieran's support with Oscar makes him probably the "Cain" in FE9. In FE10 I don't see him as "Cain" at all because they're separate till 3-11 and he's outclassed due to his bad availibility.

Does anyone else consider Franz and Amelia to be a somewhat loose Cain and Abel? I kinda do. They break a couple rules, but I always thought they were meant to be an alternative Cain and Abel.

I'm just babbling though, my favorite pair is Oscar and Keiran. Keiran is kinda hit and miss in PoR, but he's pretty good in RD, and I've always loved his dialogue. Oscar is amazing on all accounts, its hard for me not to use him every playthrough, but I gotta mix things up with how often I play PoR.

I have always loved Kyle and Forde,

Even though they are in the easiest fire emblem game they still are great units with great supports. I love how Forde has a brother who is the first cavalier you get (Franz) and I love how they both cover the different classes so well,(Kyle being great knight and Forde being a paladin)

Going to go with Kent and Sain because they were the only ones that I took the time to get to know their characters and had fun using both of them in every chapter.

If I had to pick a least favourite I would go with Noish and Alec. They are good units and are far from horrible, it's because they are so underwhelming compared to the other cast members of FE4.

Edited by Rend Keaven