The Inevitable Sinnoh Remakes: What changes would you make?

Anacybele

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somehow get the feeling that Gen 1 re-remakes would be released for the Switch doing what remakes started back in HGSS and updating Pokédexes and changing so much more. With how far back Fire Red and Leaf Green were, it'd make sense, plus it's not like the 3DS rereleases of the original Gen 1 games actually changes very much as far as in-game content goes.

Updating Gen 1 is a sound move as far as the switch goes with Gen 4 being remade for the 3DS assuming Sun and Moon drag its life-span out long enough.

Just a thought.

No way, everyone must be tired of gen 1 junk right now due to how much pandering it's been getting. I really do not want another set of Kanto remakes. If there are, well, you can bet I won't be wasting my money on them.

No way, everyone must be tired of gen 1 junk right now due to how much pandering it's been getting. I really do not want another set of Kanto remakes. If there are, well, you can bet I won't be wasting my money on them.

People will never be tired of gen 1.

Sure they will. Everything gets old and overdone/boring at some point if they keep being done/milked over and over enough.

While that is a true statement, it never stops some people. Take a look at Square Enix, for example: they've remade Final Fantasy IV NUMEROUS times, literally for every console generation at this point, I think. They even more or less remade its sequel. You'd think that IT were the most popular Final Fantasy, not VII. Keep in mind, this is subjective. I know that a lot of people do not like VII or even IV, for that matter.

While that is a true statement, it never stops some people. Take a look at Square Enix, for example: they've remade Final Fantasy IV NUMEROUS times, literally for every console generation at this point, I think. They even more or less remade its sequel. You'd think that IT were the most popular Final Fantasy, not VII. Keep in mind, this is subjective. I know that a lot of people do not like VII or even IV, for that matter.

Yeah, that's also unfortunately true...

I feel that remaking Red and Blue right now would feel kind of... pointless. What would be the point of releasing a VC version if you're going to remake them so soon anyway?

Gen 1's getting a lot of love lately anyway, other gens could use some spotlight right now.

Oh yeah, what Glac said too. We DID recently get releases of Red, Blue, and Yellow on the eShop, and there doesn't seem to be a point in that if remakes were in development.

I am going to concede that Cynthia's appearance in today's trailer may be yet another sign that a Sinnoh remake is incoming.

...Also, she better Mega Evolve that Garchomp for shits and giggles.

I am going to concede that Cynthia's appearance in today's trailer may be yet another sign that a Sinnoh remake is incoming.

...Also, she better Mega Evolve that Garchomp for shits and giggles.

Well, Wally at least can still Mega his Gallade, so Megas are clearly allowed in that facility. Who knows?

Even though regular Chomp with a Life Orb is strictly better?

Yeah, but Pokemon doesn't use stuff like that normally. Plus Mega Evolution is kind of... symbolic now.

Yeah, but Pokemon doesn't use stuff like that normally. Plus Mega Evolution is kind of... symbolic now.

Symbolic for the sixth gen. As for the future, who knows.

Cynthia would be so much scarier with a Mega Lucario.

But I'm convinced she'll get Mega Garchomp because flavor.

(maybe they'll give it Sand Rush as an ability :P)

A Sinnoh Remake is more likely to be N3DS exclusive (Sun and Moon demos being apparently quite laggy on a normal 3DS) than on Switch.

I don't think we'll have main title before Gen VIII, if it ever happens. One of the reason is dual screen (with one tactical), which is used a lot in recent Pokémon games, and isn't a features of the Switch. The other is the Switch replaces the Wii U, not the 3DS. It's a next gen Console at heart, not a handled (Next Gen, not in term of power, but in term of use. A game console adpated to our modern life.)

A Sinnoh Remake is more likely to be N3DS exclusive (Sun and Moon demos being apparently quite laggy on a normal 3DS) than on Switch.

I don't think we'll have main title before Gen VIII, if it ever happens. One of the reason is dual screen (with one tactical), which is used a lot in recent Pokémon games, and isn't a features of the Switch. The other is the Switch replaces the Wii U, not the 3DS. It's a next gen Console at heart, not a handled (Next Gen, not in term of power, but in term of use. A game console adpated to our modern life.)

To help confirm this, look at this article:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_will_continue_to_develop_3ds_software_after_switch_launch

It's extremely unlikely that the new main Pokemon gsmes will be on the Nintendo Switch.

It's extremely unlikely that the new main Pokemon gsmes will be on the Nintendo Switch.

When GameFreak, who pretty much exclusively works on the main series, confirmed that they're developing Pokemon games for the Switch? I think it's very likely that the next gen will be on the Switch.

What does gen 4 being on the DS have to do with anything?

Edited by Anacybele

When GameFreak, who pretty much exclusively works on the main series, confirmed that they're developing Pokemon games for the Switch? I think it's very likely that the next gen will be on the Switch.

What does gen 4 being on the DS have to do with anything?

I thought that was just a rumor.