The Inevitable Sinnoh Remakes: What changes would you make?

Anacybele

I should have checked my source. That was highly unprofessionnal, and I knew it...

Well, thanks for correcting me.

Bolded: Don't. Go. To. Gamefaqs.

That's a good advice in general, I think...

It's not just Game Faqs, but since it's open to a larger crowd, the worst is comming out more easily.

It's good for the general advices and Faqs, but not as a community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something still tells me RBY will be remade before the Sinnoh games are. DPPt isn't terribly dated as of today, with the physical/special split, 100 TMs, an elaborate range of held items available and the like. If you ask me, there's a huge gap between gens 3 and 4, bigger than between any two generations of Pokemon. I feel like going back to roots would make the most sense right now, because Fire Red/Leaf Green remain the oldest version of any generation of Pokemon at present. Sinnoh can wait until the new console, because honestly it's way too early to come back to these games at the current state of Pokemon's development.

In no order:

-Make Cynthia a challenge but bearable at the same time

-Expand on the plot

-Use the Azure Flute

-Make Shaymin, Darkrai, and the others in-game events and not dumb limited-time promotions

-Replace HM's with SM's PokeRides system

-Make it so everyone can get Manaphy, and by extension, Phione

-Revamp Honey trees

-Less version-exclusives

-Since the GBA slot is no more, make the dongle Pokemon normally available

-Revamp Pal Park WITHOUT the once-a-day limit

-Use the Pokedex from Platinum

-MAKE CYRUS EASIER

Something still tells me RBY will be remade before the Sinnoh games are. DPPt isn't terribly dated as of today, with the physical/special split, 100 TMs, an elaborate range of held items available and the like. If you ask me, there's a huge gap between gens 3 and 4, bigger than between any two generations of Pokemon. I feel like going back to roots would make the most sense right now, because Fire Red/Leaf Green remain the oldest version of any generation of Pokemon at present. Sinnoh can wait until the new console, because honestly it's way too early to come back to these games at the current state of Pokemon's development.

Tbh the thing about remaking Gen I now is it would make the VC versions feel like a pointless money grab.

What's the point of releasing VC versions if your just going to make a less borked version so soon?

Tbh the thing about remaking Gen I now is it would make the VC versions feel like a pointless money grab.

What's the point of releasing VC versions if your just going to make a less borked version so soon?

Well, how much money did it grab really?

It can't really grow old or obsolete as the original Pokemon game anyway. In a way, you can say it gets the people's interest reawakened for the fresh product.

Nostalgia. Besides, you don't need new remakes to ask this: remakes of these games have existed for over 10 years now as-is.

Nostalgia. Besides, you don't need new remakes to ask this: remakes of these games have existed for over 10 years now as-is.

Remakes that I need to hunt through my room for my GBA, Original DS or Game Boy Player disc whenever I feel like playing them.

And if we're talking about Fire Red and Leaf Green, they aren't really good remakes looking back at them now.

They tried to make them too much like the originals and that ended up making Fire Red and Leaf Green feeling like inferior games compared to Ruby and Sapphire.

I know a lot of people don't want more Gen 1 stuff, but honestly Kanto could use another remake.

Remakes that I need to hunt through my room for my GBA, Original DS or Game Boy Player disc whenever I feel like playing them.

I feel you bro.

I know exactly what you mean.

• 2 weeks later...

FireRed and LeafGreen are fine as they are. Kanto doesn't need a remake again anytime soon. And it already gets enough over-pandering it as it is.

I prefer them over some of the newer games despite the fact of things like a lack of the Physical/Special split. I feel like I shouldn't like them as much as I do but maybe it's just how they were remade.

Every extra bit, bar the Bill Sidequest after the Cinnabar Gym, is aftergame content and Bill's sidequest is optional if you would prefer to hold out as it is. Even the Pokédex doesn't expand to include things like Crobat or Scizor until you get the National Dex and those Pokémon can't evolve until you get the National Dex. Which is just how I feel it should be.

It could be argued that I'm dwelling on nostalgia but I personally feel that additional content that wasn't present in the original unless initially intended to be or otherwise an optional feature should be made as aftergame content. I realize that may seem contradictive due to Gen 1 initially being planned for 190 Pokémon or something along those lines but they ultimately released those missing designs as the bulk of Gen 2's additional Pokémon so it's reasonable to leave them independently accessible via the aftergame.

If anything though, Gen 1's and Gen 3's mechanics are just obsolete now, as much as I love the latter's. Remakes would be a good move just on account of updating the generation for the modern mechanics which a lot of people would want, myself included. I'd like to Mega Evolve my Pokémon in Kanto, or use Z-Moves (after the main game of course) with certain trainers like the Rival or the Elite 4 or powerful aftergame opponents getting the same luxury. Heck, they could even extend the aftergame to further Red's journey so that we can see what happened leading up to Mt. Silver, The PWT and later Alola, as opposed to just hinting it or providing a small piece of text that most people would likely forget.

Being fair, I'd like to see the Sinnoh Remakes too and there's plenty of hinted evidence that they're literally just around the corner, but throwing out remakes as quickly as they are, they'll catch themselves up sooner or later.

Being fair, I'd like to see the Sinnoh Remakes too and there's plenty of hinted evidence that they're literally just around the corner, but throwing out remakes as quickly as they are, they'll catch themselves up sooner or later.

They cant ever catch up as long as they remake 1 gen every new generation as they have been doing. They even gave themselves a break by not redoing Ruby and Sapphire during gen 5 (although at the time of BW it would have been too soon).

Although what makes me a little sad is thinking that Sun and Moon are going to be rather short-lived. I don't think the 3DS will stay for much longer to be honest. Which sucks cause only last year did I buy the New 3DS and they said therd be unique games for N3DS only, except all they gave us was Xenoblade and SNES >_> What about new games :<. Ah well, hopefully I will have a job by then.

Edited by SlayerX

I've heard about these hints for the Sinnoh remake being close, but I've never heard them specified; what exactly are these hints?

Personally I'd vastly prefer a third game in the Alola region, since I'm sure it has far more to give than another remake. There are some loose ends I'd like to see addressed as well, and the thought of going back to the more standard formula doesn't sit well with me.

I've heard about these hints for the Sinnoh remake being close, but I've never heard them specified; what exactly are these hints?

The only examples off the top of my head right now is how the music changes depending on the time of day, Pokémon Centers are good examples of this due to the daytime theme being akin to Sinnoh's Pokémon Center daytime theme. Additionally is that regional variants sorta took place in Sinnoh first, but it was literally just Shellos and Gastrodon and nothing was affected by that aside from appearance.

everything, sinnoh is terrible

I'm sure Dialga and Palkia will have their back stories retconned due to Sun and Moon. Also, hopefully we still have things like Volkner having an Ambipom because that was actually really cool

keep Caitlin and Darach though

I wonder if we'll have regional variants in Sinnoh.

Of course, they'd probably need to be Gen 5/6/7 only unless they do a major retcon.

Im just hoping that if we get new games, that sun and moon will have full connectivity with them. Unlike XY and ORAS

Ack my j key is broken, actually a few are. this is nuts. My laptop has a death sentence... :-: although, at this point it is like four years old...

The only examples off the top of my head right now is how the music changes depending on the time of day, Pokémon Centers are good examples of this due to the daytime theme being akin to Sinnoh's Pokémon Center daytime theme. Additionally is that regional variants sorta took place in Sinnoh first, but it was literally just Shellos and Gastrodon and nothing was affected by that aside from appearance.

I recall a mention of Crasher Wake by one visitor to the Battle Royale palace.

Huh, not the kind of hints I expected; I don't even know if I would call them that, since there are a bunch of mentions to every other game in the series as well. Which is a good thing, by the way, 'cause I want my Pokémon Stars or whatever they'd call a third game set in Alola, and the fewer hints of Sinnoh the better.

I'm sure Dialga and Palkia will have their back stories retconned due to Sun and Moon.

What exactly requires Dialga and Palkia be retconned into something else?

Arceus made them to govern over time and space and they do that from their dimensions.

I don't see a problem here.

What exactly requires Dialga and Palkia be retconned into something else?Arceus made them to govern over time and space and they do that from their dimensions.I don't see a problem here.

idk, what required Rayquaza to be retconned into the progenitor of Mega Evolution even though X/Y established Lucario as doing that?

They can easily be turned into [spoiler=Sun/Moon Spoilers] Ultra Beasts. It wouldn't be that difficult, and their designs aren't far removed from the Ultra Beasts anyway, especially Buzzwole.

idk, what required Rayquaza to be retconned into the progenitor of Mega Evolution even though X/Y established Lucario as doing that?

They can easily be turned into [spoiler=Sun/Moon Spoilers] Ultra Beasts. It wouldn't be that difficult, and their designs aren't far removed from the Ultra Beasts anyway, especially Buzzwole.

They're much more powerful than any of the Ultra Beasts. They're borderline deities.

Either way, even though Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions, I don't want it to be remade. I was already vehemently against Hoenn remakes and they unfortunately happened. If they remake Sinnoh they'll probably introduce some BS to the story the same way they did in Hoenn with the Delta Episode and the multiverse.

Not to mention that, given their track record, they'll probably build the remakes around the vastly inferior Diamond and Pearl games instead of Platinum which is the only proper way to experience Sinnoh...

Edited by Cerberus87

Just thought of this: emphasize Sinnoh's cooler climate more. Platinum did a tiny bit of this, but remakes should take it much further. In a way, make it counter Alola's obvious tropical/sub-tropical theming.