Yeah I just got this game

Serene

Yeah cheer or wonder why now.

So I'm wondering what characters (besides Ike) should I at least use, what characters are okay. And what characters deserve to be hit by a bus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've never played PoR before?!?!

Anyway...

Should use:

Boyd

Soren

Ilyana

Mia

Zihark

Nephenee

Astrid

Volke

Kieran

Oscar

Jill

Rolf

Mist

Marcia

Gatrie

Okay:

Titania

Rhys

Brom

Sothe

Tormod

Hit by a bus:

Makalov

Devdan

This is all based in MY 9 PoR runthroughs. Everyone else, I haven't used. I never used Devdan, but I'm sure I'd want him hit by a bus anyway

And I'm sure I forgot someone...

Edited by CGV

I suggest taking alot of Paladins, they are going to be useful in the game.

The three which are most useful are:

Titiana (can't spell her name)

Osca

Kireran

For a Sage take Soren. He turns out to be awesome.

Edited by Luxord

I suggest taking alot of Paladins, they are going to be useful in the game.

The three which are most useful are:

Titiana (can't spell her name)

Osca

Kireran

For a Sage take Soren. He turns out to be awesome.

Titania, Oscar, and Kieran :D

Hmm, I believe Shinon's one of my favorites. But since you can't use him between chapter 6 and 19 ...I think... he's not the biggest option.

I would rather suggest Boyd, he turns out awsome!

Zihark as well.

And if you manage to level up Jill which I think can be hard then she's great!

And listen to Luxord and use Soren. But... if you already believe in Ilyana, then use her instead. I've never had her better than a level 10 Sage, So I don't really know how good she can be. ;)

Yo should go by the Greil team first it's a good start. Plus i would say some laguz aside from Reyson but you probably won't use them so then i can say that you should use--

Illyana

Rolf

Mist

Nephenee

Hit by a bus:

Makalov

Devdan

This is all based in MY 9 PoR runthroughs. Everyone else, I haven't used. I never used Devdan, but I'm sure I'd want him hit by a bus anyway

And I'm sure I forgot someone...

Devdan can actually be pretty decent if you give him the Knight Ward. Otherwise, he isn't too grand, but not dreadful or anything. The "hit by a bus" category I'd say is Bastian and Lucia. (but please no bus hitting for Lucia)

I highly suggest Mist. She's really good with magic swords and also is the only one who can help out Ike later in the game.

Other than her, Jill, Soren, Stefan, Volke, Marcia, Gatrie, and Boyd are all very good. I haven't tried any of the Paladins in this game (other than Oscar) which is weird because Paladins are my favorite class. :blink:

Tormod if you feel like raising him

Zihark

Tormod is a pain to raise...though he does have good overall stats but I think Soren is much better.

Zihark I think is the best swordmaster. He has great stats. Stefan is also good but he has pretty low luck.

Tormod is a pain to raise...though he does have good overall stats but I think Soren is much better.

Zihark I think is the best swordmaster. He has great stats. Stefan is also good but he has pretty low luck.

I find that Celerity makes Tormod an easy one to train.

I find that Celerity makes Tormod an easy one to train.

Well not really, but I don't think he is easy to train. Probably it is just my personal experience with Tormod :lol: I don't usually find it easy to train him up. I don't think Celebrity makes much difference.

You might as well choose Ilyanna or Soren, unless if you really wanna use Tormod then go ahead ^_^

He is a useful Sage.

I haven't tried Illyana (SP), it's mostly been Tormod and Soren as my mages. Celerity was pretty much the reason I found no trouble in raising him because that extra 2 MOV usually means more choices of weak enemies for him to kill off.

Ilyanna is pretty good, she is great with Rexbolt. She like Soren caps Magic and Resistence.

A few notes.

• If you don't mind Makalov's personality or looks, use him. He is an amazing paladin. Heck, all the paladins in PoR are amazing in their own aspect.
  • Don't put too much effort into leveling up Sothe. He can't promote.
  • You get a lot of money in this game. Feel free to spend like a maniac.
  • If you plan on using Stefan, he's your best candidate to use your two Ashera Icons on. It's not like anyone else really needs them anyway...
  • If you plan on using Mist(if you do, it would also help in the BK battle), after she's promoted, raise her sword rank to at least a B and give her the magic swords(the Sonic Sword and the Runesword). She's amazing with them.

Edited by Fireman

A few notes.
  • If you don't mind Makalov's personality or looks, use him. He is an amazing paladin. Heck, all the paladins in PoR are amazing in their own aspect.
  • Don't put too much effort into leveling up Sothe. He can't promote.
  • You get a lot of money in this game. Feel free to spend like a maniac.
  • If you plan on using Stefan, he's your best candidate to use your two Ashera Icons on. It's not like anyone else really needs them anyway...
  • If you plan on using Mist(if you do, it would also help in the BK battle), after she's promoted, raise her sword rank to at least a B and give her the magic swords(the Sonic Sword and the Runesword). She's amazing with them.

I expected a suggestion of Volke...

Just try to only use like one per class (except paladins) Example: Mia or Zihark, Brom or Gatrie, Rolf or Shinon, Soren, Ilyana or Tormod. But don't use all of the pre-promotes.

I expected a suggestion of Volke...

Just try to only use like one per class (except paladins) Example: Mia or Zihark, Brom or Gatrie, Rolf or Shinon, Soren, Ilyana or Tormod. But don't use all of the pre-promotes.

I highly suggest Rolf over Shinon because of playability and when I compared Rolf's and Shinon's stats at chapter 18, Rold beat him or tied him in everything

And about the money, you seriously get a TON of it. I forge one weapon every turn and still have plenty left over

I strongly disagree with this statement. Except for the generals, since... you have only one Knight Ward, and those get crappy spd unless they have the Knight Ward equipped almost always. But if you don't mind crappy spd and low move, then go ahead and use both,, or all three, even.

It's often actually better to use two of the same class, since they usually support each other. Like Marcia and Tanith work very well together. Use both. For Rolf and Shinon, I would say not to use both, but that's because I would say not to use either of them at all. They start out very weak, and only even become average at best, so you're much better off using someone else.

In general.. you don't need to let class restrict who you choose for your team. Rather, just make sure you have some durable units (like paladins, tigers, wyvern riders, etc.). Having someone who can heal is also helpful.

Edited by Reikken

Thanks guys well I just have to say this

The Gambit General has returned

Dead:

Boyd

Kierran

Rolf

Didn't recruit: Zhark

Sucking horendously: Mia

On the nipple with is BEXP: Mist (only for BK battle)

Favorite Laguz: Lethe

Also I'm on chapter 13, and the chapter beforehand my Soren had a hard time even getting 10 damage on a raven WTF