Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

Note, I have a HORRENDOUS record when it comes to reading town YOLO and town Yedi, so I tend to lean toward town on both players to compensate, but Yedi has legitimately given me a reason to think he's town with his play at the end of Day 1.

Elemina, not so much. He's kind of an open book who tends to get caught in the tunnel.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I highly value the effort here, but at this point analizing the first moments of the game is kinda unnecesary when you have all the things that happened yesterday. Besides, by rule of thumb RVS shenanigans are just that. Elemina jumping the gun (an attitude that was pretty consistent through the day) was pointed out many times now.

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to look back, but it is redundant. The Green Poet debacle and the SB stuff is probably more worth the attention now.

You know, I'm starting to agree with your decissions as of late. I still think your actions yesterday were terrible and harmful to the Town. But I cannot call you scum on the same level I think Hober (or whoever replaces him) was.

Unfortunately, as Kirsche proved me time after time, there's no inherent scumminess on your kind of behaviour.

I don't agree on Rainbow, I think he has been on the same Kirsche-vibe of low post count - high content and I haven't found any particular actions that are scummy or harmful.

Also Taokaka for life

Ok, I will look into both. Maybe that might cause me to change my reads. Tell me which page to start looking at and I can do so. :) In all honesty, the fewer pages I have to read the better.

My, oh my. Irony is an interesting customer. I don't really know what to do other than call irony town and consider that if she's playing dumb, then it will only ever work once, so whatever. You can have that if you want it that bad.

Elemina is still a town read for me.

Yedi is a town read for me.

I like Omega, Kirsche, and Ken, but I'm going to reread them after that flip.

YOLO is suspect because I know next to nothing about them.

I am FAR less bothered by Refa with a GP town flip.

Blitz can live for a good long time, as far as I'm concerned. I have a good idea where his head is at and that's fine by me.

I like SB's content today, but I'm going to reread the slot because I struggle to remember what he did on D1.

Irony is a crapshoot because of the nature of new players. I am actually really bothered by the scumreads there, but a lynch there is really dumb. i would like a cop on that slot, but there's so many other better uses of the cop's time (YOLO for example).If anyone has a good sell one way or another on that slot, pitch it to me.

I STILL hate Rainbow.

And so I go from Mafia -> Ensemble -> Interesting customer. I knew that would happen once I started posting, but ah well. I still maintain that I am a member of the ensemble. As I said, I will claim my role of I have to (like Green Poet and Blitz did), but that's only if I'm at risked of getting lynched? I just suck at acronyms. :(

What does bother you about my reads on Emelina and YOLOSWAG? I can guess why you'd be bothered at my read on you, but I'm intregued with the other two.

Green Poet (7): SB, Hober Mallow, kirsche, Elemina, Ryker, Spinal, YOLOSWAG

​Elemina (4): Rainbow, Refa, Green Poet, Blitz

Rainbow (1): yedi

Wagon Analysis (Blue = Town, Green = Null, Red = Scum, reads are based off of this and nothing else, reads are not in any order):

Town

SB- Felt like he was actually weighing the options of both lynches at a time when they were both equally viable options.

Refa- Duh.

Green Poet- Duh.

Blitz- The only other person who didn't see GP's role and was like "damn, still worth lynching anyways".

Yedi- I generally don't like hipster votes but it's perfectly consistent with him not wanting to lynch either GP or Elemina.

Null

Elemina- Like other people have said, he at least kept a consistent position here (as in, attacking people who voted him) and there's nothing particularly egregious about his GP vote that can't be said about his other votes. Also not sure where to post this but in general, I read Blitz's cases yesterday and I agree that Elemina's posts could be coming from town, so he's here based on more than just wagon analysis.

Ryker- Gut reaction is town just because his posts leading up to the lynch and response to GP feels natural but I don't have anything stronger than that.

Spinal- Made a vote like ten minutes before deadline, his explanation isn't bad but it's not enough to get a read off of.

Rainbow- Made a vote long before deadline, so he never had to weigh his Elemina/GP reads against each other.

Irony- Not voting will get you nowhere on a wagon analysis lol.

Scum

Hober Mallow- His GP read bothers me in relation to his Elemina read. His thought process reads like "okay, I'm townreading Elemina and I need to scumread one of the wagons, so time to go for GP hard". Only problem is that he bitched out, so voting him isn't exactly going to accomplish much.

Kirsche- Don't like how he justified his GP vote with "it'll make me feel better about Refa" when he had literally no thoughts on me and just said he was okay with voting me with no explanations at the time (Ryker also justified his vote with the same reasoning but he at least had read me before).

Yoloswag- Doesn't explain himself at all. I know this is something he tends to do as both alignments but he's even worse about it as scum. I don't care about the hammer though and neither should you since phase was ending anyways.

##Vote: kirsche

Oh, got the wrong colour on Yedi (at first, I thought he was scum because he had a scumread on GP until I ISO'd him lol). Pretend it's blue.

Apparently these are no thoughts. Also for further reference. I didn't lynch GP because it'd make me feel better about you, I lynched GP because she was suspicious but said that this is how I would feel if she flipped town. Terrible assumptions. Also I was fairly obviously town reading Elemina (still am) too but you don't take that into account.

Only problem is that he bitched out

Reported for being a big fat meanie. May eclipse have mercy on your soul.

##Vote: Refa

Still a bad slot tbh. His scum reads right now are me, Yolo and Mallow. Yolo and Mallow are easy scum reads which aren't going to go anywhere (vig pls), and his read on me is based around his stubborn insistence that I had never shown annoyance nor weariness of him before I put him in my lynch priority when it's just factually incorrect.

Can you cite sources on why Elemina's other votes were apparently egregious? Good job realising his GP vote wasn't that bad though, pity it only comes after he's no longer directly on the chopping block.

Still need to ISO Proto lol I am lazy my bad.

Did GP mininterpret her tole or am I reading it wrong?

I think it's just a case of lacking a role name for her role.

@Irony: Why do you trust Refa out of interest? You said "for reasons given before" but the last thing you said about Refa was "I think I trust Refa" without any reasoning. Sorry if I missed something. What do you make of my comments about him?

Refa, what are your scumreads outside of the wagon analysis (which I think is really iffy here tbh)? I looked into what you had to say about kirsche before this and there wasn't an awful lot there so I'd like to know about your overall thoughts.

Backreading now.

Apparently these are no thoughts. Also for further reference. I didn't lynch GP because it'd make me feel better about you, I lynched GP because she was suspicious but said that this is how I would feel if she flipped town. Terrible assumptions. Also I was fairly obviously town reading Elemina (still am) too but you don't take that into account.

Reported for being a big fat meanie. May eclipse have mercy on your soul.

Still a bad slot tbh. His scum reads right now are me, Yolo and Mallow. Yolo and Mallow are easy scum reads which aren't going to go anywhere (vig pls), and his read on me is based around his stubborn insistence that I had never shown annoyance nor weariness of him before I put him in my lynch priority when it's just factually incorrect.

Can you cite sources on why Elemina's other votes were apparently egregious? Good job realising his GP vote wasn't that bad though, pity it only comes after he's no longer directly on the chopping block.

Still need to ISO Proto lol I am lazy my bad.

I think it's just a case of lacking a role name for her role.

@Irony: Why do you trust Refa out of interest? You said "for reasons given before" but the last thing you said about Refa was "I think I trust Refa" without any reasoning. Sorry if I missed something. What do you make of my comments about him?

I think I trusted Refa originally because Refa seemed to have a consistent train of thought about issues regarding their reads on who was Town and who was Mafia. Your thoughts have highlighted aspects of Refa's play that I missed/read when I was too tired to register (to be fair, considering that I have three assignments in this week, I think that's to be expected). I might move Refa into my Null Reads for now, and you into my town reads.

Apologies if I didn't mention it sooner.

nice backtracking lol

Refa, what are your scumreads outside of the wagon analysis (which I think is really iffy here tbh)? I looked into what you had to say about kirsche before this and there wasn't an awful lot there so I'd like to know about your overall thoughts.

Backreading now.

Curious, why is my wagon analysis iffy?

Anyways, I didn't have anything on Kirsche before that. He was fine, maybe sparse on content, but nothing really stood out to me. His post above just makes me more sure of my read, though. He literally voted me because my cases were easy (even though I cased Hober before) and because I changed my mind on Elemina (even though as scum, I could have just left my vote there and gotten no flake for it). Just look at his cited reasons for scumreading me to see what I'm talking about when I said he had no prior scumreads on me. When I first saw those, I didn't even know that they were scumreads on me (and I still don't get how they are); one of them is saying I'm not as active, one of them is saying he doesn't agree with me, and the last is saying my reasoning is shallow and asking me to provide examples.

I don't have any other scumreads. I've already said more about Hober previously and Yolo doesn't exactly have more to go off of. I'm either not sure about the rest of the slots or they're just not bothering me or they're town.

Also Kirsche, if noone else is scum except me apparently, who do you expect me to vote? Don't vote me for my cases being easy when you can't even produce a scumread that isn't me.

nice backtracking lol

Feeling better doesn't mean I'm feeling town.

I voted you for those things AND what I've said before. You were getting flak for your Elemina vote so that doesn't make sense. Second is actually saying that your reasoning is contrived, third is saying you can't provide examples behind your thoughts which is bad because I think you are scum trying to fake reads and content. Still haven't gotten those btw.

When have I said noone is scum but you? Don't play the tunnel card quite so quickly here mate you won't be able to play it later. I'm less and less unsure of Ryker by the post and am going to reread SB and Proto because I am interested in them. You may like me to be the seventh person to tell Yolo that he needs more content and accomplish nothing but I actually want to do productive things with my time.

#736 is hyper defensive. I expect you to vote your biggest scum read but I obviously also expect your scum reads to be good ones.

I'm in the middle of marking in midterms and didn't realize that phase ended so early, sorry. I thought these nights were 48 hours for some reason. Anyway, I'll have to go back and finish marking but here's my post for pre-D2.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT READ THROUGH DAY TWO YET. MY THOUGHTS MAY CHANGE ONCE I DO SO.

[spoiler=Post]Okay, first of all, what the hell? Did you guys seriously lynch Green Poet after she made that claim? Her role was easily provable. And as Green Poet already mentioned (multiple times even), it makes no sense for scum to have a role that punishes the Town for not meeting the lynch. We all know that the lynch is the primary weapon that Town relies on for eliminating their opponents, so it would be really trollish if the mod gave the Mafia a role that punishes the Town for not being able to hammer a lynch.

[spoiler=People who voted for Green Poet]SB: Early vote on Green Poet for her Spinal vote. That's it...? No, seriously, he hasn't addressed or referenced Green Poet in any other context besides her Spinal vote all the way until it already turned into a Elemina vs Green Poet fight. Which really bugged him, but even then, the only further issues he raised with Green Poet were how hard she tried to play the "optimal lynch" card and on how much she's emphasizing the timing of the Numbers claim.

I don't think his reasoning for keeping his vote on Green Poet was well-justified, especially since he spent quite some time sparring with Elemina and called out people who thought she was town to talk him through it. That being said, he was presumably already offline when Green Poet made her claim, so I can kinda see why he would feel that it would be okay to keep his vote on Green Poet. Still, the impression I get from his last D1 posts is that he was more bothered by Elemina than Green Poet, so I'm not sure why he didn't shift.

Hober Mallow: The worst of the Green Poet votes imo. His initial vote was based on stuff that she addressed, which he replied with "My concerns with you have actually dissolved". But he never unvoted. Okay, maybe he forgot, but the next time he indicated having any issue with Green Poet was on her going after the "obvtownie". For a good while after that, his hostility towards Green Poet seemed to be entirely founded upon defending Elemina. He also spent a few posts arguing against Green Poet's point about how lynching Elemina will, in the worst-case scenario, confirm numbers while losing only a VT, even though he didn't have any ideas about any other lynches having a better worst-case scenario, and he felt happy about lynching Green Poet because she brought up this worst-case scenario. Seriously, just... what?

As far as I can tell, his hostility against Green Poet was purely based on buddying with Elemina. I can't remember who said this, but I agree that it looks like he's either Elemina's scumbuddy or respects Elemina immensely for off-game reasons. Even after Green Poet claimed, he kept insisting that her role could be scum, and it seemed like he didn't even consider the possibility that Green Poet might be Town, which is just really terrible.

Kirsche - His case on Green Poet seems reasonable to me and makes sense, but I don't like his response to her roleclaim. I don't fully understand what he means by hammers punishing the town for mislynching, but it seems like he's implying that Green Poet's role takes away from that...? So it makes things less punishing for Town, which is... a Townish role? He even says that it doesn't do much as a scum role.

Also, while his vote was on Green Poet, he pointed out that he hates her role and is considered switching because he doesn't want her to kill Elemina like a Vig, which... I have trouble comprehending. Green Poet can't kill anybody if he keeps his vote on her and hammer is reached, so I feel like Kirsche may have misunderstood her role. Even so, he doesn't seem to express whether he feels like this role is plausible for scum to have, but keeps his vote on her for other reasons (associative reads on Refa and Elemina).

Elemina - Although I really dislike how Elemina often attacks people as a reaction to their cases on her, I think her vote on Green Poet was likely more based on self-preservation. I also got the impression that she was trying to convince Green Poet to vote for Refa shortly after Elemina's own vote on Green Poet, which makes me feel like she did consider Green Poet to be Townish and was, indeed, acting on self-preservation.

And while I don't like how she didn't seem to be considering whether Green Poet's role might be Town or Mafia (she did ask Green Poet about how her play lines up with her role but doesn't follow up with her response or appear to express any opinion on the alignment implications of her role), but again, it makes sense for her to attack Green Poet for self-preservation. I actually feel like Elemina's anti-GreenPoet behavior makes the most sense out of everyone who voted for her.

Ryker - His vote on Green Poet also seems to be based on believing Elemina to be Town, and he also points out Hober Mallow as covering most of his issues with Green Poet, which is... also about Elemina being Town. Okay, no, seriously, even if Elemina is Town, how the hell does that mean Green Poet is scum or at least, worth lynching. It's one thing to prefer lynching Green Poet over Elemina, but his attacks on her seem to imply that he believes her to be scum, which I'm not seeing any strong reasons for (No, Elemina being obvTown doesn't count as an inherent reason for Green Poet being scum).

His reactions to Green Poet's roleclaim are pretty terrible too. He calls it a lynch redirection (which it isn't, because there's no lynch if there's no hammer after D1) and says it's a scummy role without explaining why it's scummy. Then he seems to suggest that it's unlikely to proc too often, which simply implies that it's very weak and doesn't suggest whether it's townish or scummy. Then he says she's not a governer, which is either being pedantic about terminology (which is very unproductive, especially at this point of the phase) or expressing doubt over her claim despite it being easily provable, but he soon acknowledges that her role is probably legit but still thinks she's scum.

At this point, I honestly feel like Ryker already made up his mind about lynching Green Poet before her claim and was committed to pushing for her death regardless of what she claimed. It really doesn't seem like he seriously considered whether it was plausible as Town or Mafia, but just wanted to argue about her being scum no matter what. This kind of closed-minded tunneling bothers me a lot, just like with Hober Mallow.

Spinal - One of the last votes for Green Poet, and while I think the reasoning is pretty weak (how she "lied" about him voting Hober Mallow, and

kept her vote on Spinal even after Ryker explained that he was baiting him), his vote felt like he had to choose between Green Poet and Elemina, so it doesn't seem too bad. He stated that her roleclaim doesn't change anything, which makes me think he doesn't try to consider whether it could be townish or scummy, but I can't blame him for not wanting Elemina lynched instead.

YOLO - He FoS'd Green Poet early on and never explained it, and then ignored her for the rest of the day until near the end. He also misread her roleclaim, believing that she kills someone of her choice in her place if she gets lynched, so his vote on her was trying to test that...? Ryker did clarify it, but he still voted for Green Poet anyway? What? I seriously can't really comprehend what was going through YOLO's head, but it's already pretty terrible for him to not express his thoughts. Seriously, YOLO, stop being such a hardcore lurker and start talking more.

The ones that bother me the most out of these are Hober Mallow and Ryker, but I would still like SB and Kirsche to clarify more about their choices.

[spoiler=Elemina's claim]Green Poet asked us about our thoughts on Elemina's claim. As I said so before, I think Numbers is neutral, and I didn't think the timing was scummy until after Green Poet pointed it out. However, if Elemina never encountered this role before, I can understand if she chose to wait until later, once it dawned on to her that it would be a good idea to reveal it. So while I do agree with Green Poet's points about how it's plausible for scum to have deliberately false-claimed it, I don't think this is anywhere near strong enough to incriminate Elemina for it.

Despite this, I still think Elemina is scum. My point about how she deliberately tries to throw out arguments for the sake of attacking her targets as opposed to selecting targets based on the suspicious observations still stands, and the way she kept attacking everyone who cased her further reinforced my scumread on her. I'm refraining from trying to read too much out of her late-D1 activities though, because I do feel like her those were mostly centered on self-preservation, which is non-indicative of alignment imo.

Also, the way Green Poet got hammered even after her claim makes me feel like there was some scum influence in pushing the lynch to that direction. While it may be difficult to guess who had scum intent in their decisions, I think Elemina at least is likely to be scum in order for the lynch to have shifted like that.

[spoiler=My response to Yedi's case on me]- No, it's perfectly normal for Blitz to have read my mind. Aside from the fact that we know each other really well, Blitz also personally played or watched most/all of the games in which I was lynched D1 while AFK. So it makes perfect sense for him to express the correct reasoning behind my own vote dismissal.

- As for regurgitating others' reads, I don't think it's suspicious for players to agree with other players' points. Also, you make it sound like I never brought any new points myself, which I don't think is true. For example, for my Ryker case, my primary basis was on his unexplained Blitz vote and read, which iirc nobody else highlighted or at least, not to the extent of finding it scummy. Likewise with Elemina, I also brought up how she sheeped Ryker's Blitz vote with one of her reasons being Blitzy's weak points against Irony (note: he didn't even vote for Irony) despite Ryker's Blitz vote being completely baseless (this was well before Ryker's wallpost explanation). And in general, I also expressed why these issues bothered me as pointing to scum intent (forgetting fabricated reads, picking targets -> reasons, etc) as opposed to just terrible play. I don't recall if anyone else expressed the same points as I did, but it was definitely entirely my own perspective that I was conveying.

- My votes were opportunistic? Uh, I don't think anyone was voting for Ryker when I placed my vote on him except Spinal, and everyone (including myself) was sick and tired of the Spinal vs Ryker crap, so how the heck is that an opportunistic vote? I'm also pretty sure that Elemina was not a major wagon at the time I placed my vote, but I don't count votes when I post so idk. I do know that Refa's and Green Poet's votes on Elemina were after my own though, and I can't think of anyone who was strongly casing Elemina before that point besides Blitzy.

- You don't like my reads in general? I can reply if you were more specific about what bothered you about them, but otherwise, lolk.

Not voting until after I finish marking midterms and read D2.

I thought the role was neutral overall (advantageous for town and scum, but was weighing the options against each other. I didn't really see the point of having a hammer mechanic in the game if we (town) can still lynch someone anyway. I didn't want to switch to a third party because I thought GP would then shoot Elemina no matter what so for that and the reason the role isn't super town anyway I stuck with my read on her as a player rather than relying on rolespec. Between the two I felt GP was a better lynch.

To explain why:

1) It's consistent (Yes, I say that a lot, but I feel that Members of the Mafia are less likely to have consistent views/reads)

2) It actually makes sense. It's logical, based on evidence and it's detailed.

Yes, you may not comment often, but that post was high quality. :)

"Backreading now" turned into "way later".

I'm on board with a Proto lynch. After rechecking his massive text walls (rip Eurykins 2014-2016) there's a ridiculous amount of useless noise and debate about optimal play with maybe three real reads in total and the a ridiculous amount of posturing. It never really feels like he's considering his options very much either - he has GP as his side suspect throughout D1 but when he switches his vote over to Elemina his GP case is essentially rehashing what he already said without looking over anything new she'd put out. I also think his recent post was bad because he basically says "this wagon is bad" but then only really attributes it to one person who should be voting there anyway as their counterwagon? I understand that you've been busy but I feel like the conclusion doesn't fit with the rest of the post.

Also @Why I voted GP: I kept questioning her throughout the day and the responses I got back were shaky and made me doubt her suspicions being real. When phase end came close I didn't like the way that she shifted her style to argue about how 'lynching numbers was optimal' and her general playstyle at that time matched with scum desperately trying to lynch, and I was getting a little less sure of my Elemina suspicion after starting to understand where some of the guys who answered my question about her came from.

Ken Masters has too many fucking posts jesus christ but even though I don't think he's been too productive with them I'm not getting a particularly bad feeling from him? His opinions are at least consistent but I think he spends too long focusing on a single person/point and loses track of the rest of the game which makes him really hard to read. I'd like him to explain what he likes about Proto's cases and if he thinks Irony's behaviour is reasonably fakable by scum though.

I've kind of formed an opinion on Hoberslot but would prefer to wait for Eli to sub in and give content before I out it just to keep him on his toes.

Phone posting so I apologize in advance for terrible formating/spelling.

Geee SB, you sure are late to the party on the tunneling thing. Yes, I focus too much on a person, but that assures me that person is heavily inspected. I will like to remind you that until I latched on Hober Mallow, no-one even batted an eye for him, and now he's on everyone's scumlist.

It is really hard for me to see in Rainbow any particular summy action. Most of his views align with mine except on his Elemina case, but he's not the only one I see taking ELe's habit of jumping to conlcussions as a sign of the scum. Yes, it's annoying and yes it's harmful to the town, but I think the message is clear. Honestly, I will be verysuprised if that changes through the day.

Back to Rainbow himself, he's relly consistent. He has low posts, but every post is super long a filled to the brim with content. By know we should have found inconsistencies on his arguments, but there are none. And I've read them. I see people disagreeing, and that's alright. But the problem here is that people assume that "different opinion = scum".

I will say though, Rainbow should post more. I know those post take time and effort to make, but I can totally understand if people "feel" that they are opportunistic.

All in all, it's hard to find him scummy.

I'll tell you what I will do. I'll read everyone's case on him and try to come up with a conclusion. Should be a decent thing to do on my way back home. It's an hour long travel, so I'll have time.

Still re-reading, at the same time keeping updated on recent events. SB I'll respond to you when I'm done.

Irony, where is your vote? I want to see your vote. Today you must be voting, and I want you to comment on major wagons.

Refa, Why didn't you analyze Irony? I want to see your analysis of her play D1 and D2.

Ryker, lame. I want you to push things when you can though.

Yedi, I want you in here.

Yolo, where you at.

Spamming the thread is a privilege, not a right. I have lost that privilege. XD

Oh, I almost forgot.

I'm always weary of peole who play the newbie role, because I used it before. On another site, I joined a Mafia community and claimed that it was my forst Mafia game ever. Since nobofy knew me, they accepted it and gave me a ton of free passes for scummy shit like no lynching and following ridiculous targets. Obviously I wasn't a newbie and I was faking, even outside the Mafia game, that I didn't knew what I was doing, intentionally avoiding the lexicon and asking for obvious stuff.

I was the Godfather, btw. And we won.

So from personal experience, I am VERY careful with new people. Not enough to go witch hunting (and potentialy scaring a new player away) but enough to have always an eye open.

Still re-reading, at the same time keeping updated on recent events. SB I'll respond to you when I'm done.

Irony, where is your vote? I want to see your vote. Today you must be voting, and I want you to comment on major wagons.

Refa, Why didn't you analyze Irony? I want to see your analysis of her play D1 and D2.

Ryker, lame. I want you to push things when you can though.

Yedi, I want you in here.

Yolo, where you at.

My vote is currently in my head, but I didn't want to make it until the final day, as I wanted to be more certain of whether I was doing the right thing. However, since you asked, I shall vote.

##Vote: Emelina.

For many, many reasons, all of them listed earlier:

1) Your "claimed role" could be easy to fake.

2) You targeted at least six people for calling you a Member of the Mafia.

3) Your views were inconsistent.

... I could go on, but in a nutshell, I think that you're in the Mafia.

Oh, I almost forgot.

I'm always weary of peole who play the newbie role, because I used it before. On another site, I joined a Mafia community and claimed that it was my forst Mafia game ever. Since nobofy knew me, they accepted it and gave me a ton of free passes for scummy shit like no lynching and following ridiculous targets. Obviously I wasn't a newbie and I was faking, even outside the Mafia game, that I didn't knew what I was doing, intentionally avoiding the lexicon and asking for obvious stuff.

I was the Godfather, btw. And we won.

So from personal experience, I am VERY careful with new people. Not enough to go witch hunting (and potentialy scaring a new player away) but enough to have always an eye open.

One thing I don't like doing is lying. So, I'm going to be honest. This is literally my first game of Mafia, and I seriously want to get better at it. I will be honest and say that I've played Werewolf, but I mostly do that in person and not over the Internet (I am on the online Werewolf game on Golden Sunrise however.) I don't know the lexicon at all, I don't even know what half the roles do. In a nutshell, I am a noob.

One thing I don't like doing is lying. So, I'm going to be honest. This is literally my first game of Mafia, and I seriously want to get better at it. I will be honest and say that I've played Werewolf, but I mostly do that in person and not over the Internet (I am on the online Werewolf game on Golden Sunrise however.) I don't know the lexicon at all, I don't even know what half the roles do. In a nutshell, I am a noob.

Haha, I'm not saying you are, Irony. I was asked what exactly was the reason why I was weary of making a real "newbie" claim on you. It's nothing personal, you seem like a great person!

But in Mafia you kinda have to go with the mentality that everyone could be a threat. I have my reasons to be especially weary of you, which does not means I think you're scum just because your newbiness is clear.

Beides, we were all newbies at some point, so I can relate.

It's just that I relate with a grain of salt :P

Haha, I'm not saying you are, Irony. I was asked what exactly was the reason why I was weary of making a real "newbie" claim on you. It's nothing personal, you seem like a great person!

But in Mafia you kinda have to go with the mentality that everyone could be a threat. I have my reasons to be especially weary of you, which does not means I think you're scum just because your newbiness is clear.

Beides, we were all newbies at some point, so I can relate.

It's just that I relate with a grain of salt :P

Cool! :) Thank you! :)

What are these reasons exactly? Maybe I can address them, and therefore show you that I'm not in the Mafia? :)

Spinal:

I abused the newbie card as newbie scum, and won because of it. I am well aware.

Irony:

1. That's null, town and scum can claim that. Why would you think scum would claim a role like that at that time?

2. Why am I scum for this? Why would scum do this?

3. Why is this scummy?

Kirsche:

What's your read on Irony, curious.