Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

Then I wouldn't want to lynch Mallow still. Here are the scenarios:

Mallow scum, Refa, scum. Either could get the sub. Lynching Mallow wouldn't be bad.

Mallow town, Refa scum. Refa gets the sub. Lynching Mallow would be bad.

Mallow scum, Refa town. Mallow would get the sub. Doesn't matter didn't happen.

Mallow town, Refa town, either could get the sub. Lynching Mallow would be bad.

The only situation where lynching Mallow is a good idea isif Refa/Elieson flips scum.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elieson:

Why did you delete 'Bingo, found a mafia' from your Kirsche struggle analysis in #792? You state that Blitz is playing to his scum meta, why has no one else noticed this? Expand on his role being scummy and how it relates to the Healer Mafia role.

Irony:

What do you think of Elie saying that Blitz's role is scummy? Do you agree or disagree, why? Can you talk more about SB?

Kirsche:

Read on Irony?

Spamming the thread is a privilege, not a right. I have lost that privilege. XD

Elieson:
Why did you delete 'Bingo, found a mafia' from your Kirsche struggle analysis in #792? You state that Blitz is playing to his scum meta, why has no one else noticed this? Expand on his role being scummy and how it relates to the Healer Mafia role.
Irony:
What do you think of Elie saying that Blitz's role is scummy? Do you agree or disagree, why? Can you talk more about SB?
Kirsche:
Read on Irony?

1: re kirsche; I've had about 4 years of reading kirsche as one alignment, and him actually turning out to be the other, so I'm not confident enough in him actually being scum to make up my mind one way or another.

2: re Blitz; I'm pretty close to the guy (we live about an hour from each other) and he taught me how to mafia more than any other single player did, so I learned a lot about his playstyle back when he was known as "The Wizard". He was notorious for catching entire teams within D1 or D2, and pressing the ever-living heck out of, using votes as wildly effective weapons to apply pressure and build wagons. This time around, he's taken a much more...passive approach to the game, having not really (so far based on what I've read) pushed a single thing in a significant way. The playerlist here aside from myself includes Refa, SB, Kirsche and Rainbow who would be the only people familiar with his older style of play. I don't think anyone else really knows his scum meta all that well.

2.5: re Role; Healer Mafia (I'll just refer to it as Kaoz, the player who had the role in the game). Kaoz was a player who was restricted from posting in-thread at all, for the entire game. His role was that of a "Puppeteer", which is kind of like the Disguiser. (The role, in context). Limitations on being able to communicate in a game need to be offset by something, or else Blitz is essentially a vanilla who has less time to interact with the rest of the game, with the offset of being able to just shout things to himself for 1/6 of any given cycle. In Kaoz's case, he couldn't post in thread but had a ridiculous role behind it to make up for the lack of communication. I might just be a bit salty about that game as I got into some hefty arguments when it was run god was it really 3 years ago?.

tl;dr I have a hard time believing that Blitz is town when he is both scumhunting poorly and also possesses a role that is a nerfed vanilla without any other added benefit.

Honestly Blitz's role sounds like a poor attempt at Boron trying not to have a vanilla in the setup because everyone thinks vanillas are the scourge of the earth. I will mod meta to victory, what could go wrong?

Interested in seeing his next few posts.

@Elemina: See last page (I think). I have commented on Irony.

##Unvote subbed slot

##Vote: Yolo

Thoughts on Proto's newest posts? Also not a big fan of the mallow push, the idea being not that he's scum just noone things he's particularly townie, which actually makes him less likely to be scum because you'd expect a little resistance from the mafia to stop a buddy being lynched.

I'm a little lost for reads admittedly but am just not convinced by these Proto cases. Still would lynch ElieRefa is possible but I feel like that isn't happening. How long do we have left in the phase? I swear it's not a lot of time. (<12 hours?).

I don't like this Yolo direction.

Blitz, I want content today. Why are you voting Yolo?

Rainbow, I want your thoughts on Elie's push on Blitz.

Kirsche, what made you feel like Elie isn't happening? Why haven't you tried to push it harder?

It felt like only two people thought Refa was scummy (you and me) and all of that is now irrelevant thanks to him subbing out. I mean, the Elie slot isn't great too as his main suspicion (Blitz) seems to be based off of his role and him playing passively which could just be him being busy. But I don't think he's finished reading the thread so attacking him for not having the full picture is ridiculous.

At this point I am suspecting more and more that one or more scum lies among the inactives. Yolo, Yedi, Mallow, Proto and to lesser extents Blitz and SB. Out of all of those I think Mallow is town on mod meta and have gut town reads on Blitz/Proto so that leaves SB, Yolo and Yedi. SB is the least bad, both in having more content and having actually good content. I am very willing to empathise with the idea that he was a little overwhelmed with the ridiculous activity levels of D1 which may have explained my initial wariness of his presence.

We need a majority to lynch btw and I am away for the next 5~ hours so good luck. Yolo is the safest lynch imo, I haven't reread Yedi's content and nothing was paticularly standoutish at the time I read them (I say read, more like "glossed over").

Out of the more active players, Ryker and RElieson are the most likely maflords but neitehr are happening. Ryker has actually fallen off the face of the earth now.

I think mod meta is null. I'm not voting Yolo. Mallow is a safer vote. I agree that Ryker has fallen off and that hurts my ability to read his thoughts on why Refa is ok after GP flipped town.

Elieson:

Irony:

Kirsche:

Read on Irony?

I get Elieson's reasoning, but I disagree with his conclusion. I just don't see how the Insomniac Role would benefit the Mafia as it leaves the person with that role defenceless on certain days. If everyone in the Town gangs up on that individual....

Again, I can only say that I don't see SB comment enough. I might have seen SB lurking (but then I've seen a lot of people lurking) so maybe SB's Mafia, but then I cannot be 100% certain.

Votals, clipsey style~!

Rainbow/Proto (3) - Ryker, YOLO, SB

YOLO/Omega (2) - Blitz, kirsche

Elemina (1) - Irony

Elieson (1) - Elemina

Hober Mallow (1) - Rainbow

kirsche (1) - Elieson

No vote (3) Ken Masters (hey Boron, he had a name change), Yedi, Hober Mallow

I am notorious for screwing these up, so if you voted someone else, lemme know! If I screwed up your name, I'm sorry!

I thought the safest options were Yedi and Mallow, but not so much anymore.

Having doubts about Kirsche. Need to re-read him.

Elie's blitz scum meta is interesting. Mostly because Blitz has been tunneling me with Omgus yesterday. Yet I want others to confirm it.

If Blitz is scum, Ryker may be scum. (Due to his early vote on Blitz) Purely meta related.

If Blitz is scum, this may denote Irony being town. (From his early push on Irony)

Spinal is not as noticeable today.

Wavering on Relieson. I look forward to his content.

Starting to Doubt Ryker again. Mostly because of his lack of presence and him being ok with Refa on a GP town flip but I have no idea why that is.

##Unvote

I do not support Rainbow or Yolo wagons.

I'm extremely sorry for my lack of activity this day. Tomorrow I have my Totem Trials so I've been hella busy and I won't be here for the weekend, when they actually take place. I sure as hell ain't dropping, but I won't be fully Ken Mastered until Monday.

Again, super sorry about this

@kirsche

rainbows reasoning for voting mallow IS legit but voting a scumread of mine isnt enough to sway me. that actually just goes back to the distancing/bussing thing i said. ive described mallow as middle of the road scum so how are you going to say i never thought he was scum?

im not following your logic for mallow being town off metagaming the mod

i should be here around deadline. we need to go rainbow or mallow today. im looking at the votals and elemina is a terrible lynch while elie has at least been putting out content for a read. i wouldnt lynch kirsche before either of the two slots i named. PLEASE dont fuck up this easy simple and straightforward play town

ryker i had as leaning town earlier in the game. he hasnt said or done anything wrong and ive followed his thought processes consistently. if its his activity youre worried about id guess hes either just busy or got bored. activity or lack thereof has never been much of an indicator in regards to alignment with him

blitz i wouldnt lynch for now

Anyways- I'm back from the Anime showing (Danganronpa is such a great series!) and now for the reasoning:

Elemina is my current vote. I know I stated my reasoning for this, but I don't remember it all (Again, this is due to the three assignments. 2 have been done, the other is for Sunday) . I do remember that I thought that Elemina's role could have been easily created by the Mafia and there were things about Emelina that I didn't like/trust.

Ryker is my first choice for a switch vote. Again, I had him pegged as a Mafia read from the first day, again for reasons that I cannot exactly remember of the top of my head. I know inconsistency was one of them though? But Ryker's disappearance has made me even more suspicious about his allignment.

YOLOSWAG would be my second choice for a switch vote. Again, I don't trust YOLOSWAG, mainly because I haven't seen them comment that often and when they do its not really progressing the Town.

Hober Mallow is my third choice. I would put him at second choice, but I would be interested in seeing if someone subs for him or not and if they do, how do they act.

Also- am I allowed to ask one small thing.

Can someone make a list for me on how everyone plays Mafia? It's just that everyone is saying "Oh, X acts like this when they are a member of the ensemble" or "Y isn't doing this, and therefore they are in the Mafia." Having that information would be really, really useful in making better reads.

Please? :)

Yolo:

Originally I had Ryker as null scum for voting Spinal with me and not pressuring him further. That was what got him flack, and I agree with those points. I don't agree with the other points as I know how Ryker can play. His early Blitz vote just seems like he noticed something scummy of Blitz but he voted him for his own image rather than trying to determine his own alignment. He also had plenty of nulls and only a few town reads and two scumreads. Then the wagon shifted from Ryker to me. His deadline push was mostly to see me live over GP (which I find null). I want him here so I can talk to him about Rainbow but I can't do that so I'm left with this initial feeling.

Irony:

Just ask for people's recent games, and read them. Look at their mafia and town games to see how they may be different, and use that to your best judgement. I will tell you one thing. You seem to be reading people off of their play, but you are only reading me via my role, and not play. Is this not a partial read? What do you think of my play, without the role? How about both? I want you to think hard on this. If you want my games or other people's games, ask anyone else, I'd rather not focus on that since I will save posts for other things. (Others can provide links and stuff for me)