Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job guys. Especially Ryker and Elemina, hope you guys enjoyed it despite all the mod business.

Quick question: Was your role disabled on Night 1? I just want to know if my theory was right or not.

Alright, so how was the kill stopped night 1?

Irony: You played well. I think you grew over the course of the game. I hope you use this as a learning experience. Sorry for doubting you. Consider it paranoia of being duped by a newbie. I have done it before so I know it is possible.

If anyone is game, hit me up privately and maybe we can discuss mafia theory. I'm crazy about mafia theory, and hydraing.

I will say I will take a mafia break. I have been in 5 games recently, and it's took a toll on me. I'm just going to chill and enjoy the 'not mafia' breeze.

Irony: You played well. I think you grew over the course of the game. I hope you use this as a learning experience. Sorry for doubting you. Consider it paranoia of being duped by a newbie. I have done it before so I know it is possible.

That's ok! :) I was trying so hard to prove myself as ensemble, but I didn't know what behaviours would do that. I will use this as a learning experience. As I said earlier in the game, I don't like lying, and it would have been difficult to dupe people. (I probably would have turned myself in the moment Rainbow said that he trusted me had I been Mafia.) And thank you! :)

My mistakes: Doing some actions without explaining my reasoning, getting confused by roles, maybe being too trusting of some people.

Also I would like all of us to reflect on this game and learn from it. I have made my share of mistakes but I believe a majority of town had also committed mistakes.

My mistakes: Kitchen sink throwing; Being unorthodox.

I liked that you kept people accountable throughout the game. I would have pushed yedi's dodgy claim harder, but it can be hard when people aren't around/are set in their opinions.

Irony: That's understandable. The effort was noticed. I simply suggest to be open with voting a bit more. As long as you have a reason for voting and give it out, you should be fine. (Even though Ken disagrees) I can tell you are excited and I am glad to see that. I suggest to you to try to use more questions. If something is odd, ask someone about it. See what I did with you? I asked you to give me opinions/reads on people. That's what I do. Bottom line, discussion is good. So promote discussion, talk to people. In fact, Yedi was the person to teach that to me. Yet I could tell he wasn't as interested as this time around since I know he likes being town as much as I do.

???: I would have pushed it harder if I had more time and energy. I would have stayed off the wagon but realized that a no lynch could possibly go through. Now realizing that the Yedi lynch didn't go through earlier simply because he was scum and others flaked. I do feel Rainbow was set and I didn't really have much ground to stand on. I couldn't argue against 'no investigative'. Also Ken never appeared again when he was the investigative role.

Luckily we were able to just shoot through scum all in a row after Ryker. RIP Ryker.

Well, to be specific, he was targeted with the disable N1, meaning he couldn't use his role N2

He stopped the kill (targeting Blitz) N1

Shoutouts to Ryker for being fun to play with. I'm not entirely sure what the issue with the PR was in particular but yeah. Pretty interesting to see someone who's into BoF4 on this site, says me who hasn't even played it yet.

I hope we put any issues we had with each other behind us. I may give shout outs later, I'm tired.

I don't have any long standing issues with anyone, anyways.

Also I would like all of us to reflect on this game and learn from it. I have made my share of mistakes but I believe a majority of town had also committed mistakes.

Definitely could have played better myself, but a lot of that was due to lack of motivation, getting frustrated at being cased, and not having enough time to git gud (don't remember if I said this but I did sub out because I was busy). Don't see myself joining a mafia game anytime soon.

EDIT Oh yeah, Proto was pretty fun to play with too. I DIDN'T FORGET, I JUST DIDN'T REMEMBER OKAY

Edited by Refa

Oh yeah, WRT 1v1s: People shouldn't have accepted Yedi's claim so easily as the day went on. At first, I'd have totally bought it myself. But (and I say this as someone who's fucked up like a million 1v1s) it's important to pay attention to both sides, and Ryker had like a billion posts explaining himself while Yedi just kind of lurked as the day went on. As an observer (AKA no outside information, since Blitz didn't spoil me until two days later), it felt like Yedi's play had a lot more scum intent because as Town Cop on that day, he'd assume that he was going to die after Ryker got lynched and give an updated set of reads for town to go off of, not just be like "Ryker's scum, okay later not going to explain myself on anything else".

Some random logs

[spoiler=During D4][2016-11-12 10:23:20 PM] Sajed Haque: I cannot forgive Elemina for taking advantage of Irony's naivete

[2016-11-12 10:23:28 PM] Sajed Haque: and there is no way I can forgive myself if I do the same

[2016-11-12 10:23:45 PM] Sajed Haque: That's actually my greatest beef with Elemina

[2016-11-12 10:23:52 PM] Sajed Haque: but I can't say that, of course

[2016-11-12 10:24:05 PM] Sajed Haque: because I need people to think of my reads as being at least somewhat credible

[spoiler=During N4][2016-11-13 6:55:19 AM] Sajed Haque: Well, I do feel bad for leading Irony towards lynching Town, even though I legit thought Ryker was scum

[2016-11-13 6:55:37 AM] Sajed Haque: I know I can never make it up to her

[2016-11-13 6:55:38 AM] Sajed Haque: but...

[2016-11-13 6:55:42 AM] Sajed Haque: the least I can do

[2016-11-13 6:55:49 AM] Sajed Haque: is defend her with my life for the rest of the game

[2016-11-13 6:56:00 AM] Sajed Haque: I am legit going to protect her with my ability tonight

btw D6 onwards was actually painful for me to watch because you guys were fumbling around despite everything being really obvious at that point. But thankfully y'all managed to get your grip together and secured a solid victory for the Town.

Blitz: I'm sorry for doubting you, but I legit can't recall playing with you while you were scum (outside of EiMM, of course), so I did not doubt Elieson's claims about you playing to your scum meta.

Irony: Though this was your first game, you actually did really well imo. You gave into pressure easily, which is something that would probably have destroyed you if you were Mafia, but you played a very solid Town game, I'd say. I really admire the effort you put into working on being a more effective player throughout the game, despite the intimidating environment of veterans yelling at inactives. I'd really like to play more games with you and watch you grow into a strong player!

Ryker: Sorry for lynching you on D4 but I still consider it a beneficial sacrifice since that 1v1 really screwed the Mafia over. Also, your points against me were likely all correct, I think, and I fully acknowledge that I am awful at reads formed from subjective fluff, but as I pointed out earlier, it's a different matter as to whether those issues are indicative of scum intent or just terrible play.

Elemina: I know I have no right to lecture you on how you handle subjective fluff, but I think maybe you now understand what I meant about "target -> reasoning" and why it's bad. Finding something that bothers you about a player is fine, but when you pile it up with trying to come up with all sorts of reasons to attack them, it can really cloud your judgment. You did a great job of clearing your head in the lategame and leading us to victory so that's wonderful.

But yeah, I have no right to criticize how you handle subjective fluff, because I'm horrendously terrible at it myself. My D1-D3 play was terrible, and this is something I know I'm consistently bad at.

Note, contrary to what Elemina might think, I do think we made the right decision to lynch Ryker, given the data we had. Ideally, Spinal should've counterclaimed, at which point I'd have definitely shifted to lynching Yedi, but since he was inactive there wasn't much we could do about that. That being said...

Yedi: ...a 1v1 was not the best idea there imo. Had Spinal actually claimed, then it would turn into a 1v2 which would inevitably screw you over really hard. And even if you were banking on Spinal's inactivity, as you can see, turning an investigative claim into a 1v1 would end up terribly, because as you observed, you'd get lynched right after Ryker if Spinal never said a word in D4.

That being said, Yedi, it would've helped if you strived to contribute more in the first place, and even if you were in such a desperate situation, you would have been better off claiming something that didn't invoke a 1v1 (like an investigative role with no incriminating results).

Gorf: It's quite unfortunate that you subbed into a scumslot possibly with very little preparation (I doubt YOLO set up a strong game plan for you to join in), and at that point, the pressure of roleclaiming and the effectiveness of claim analysis kinda screwed you over. I hope, however, that this does not discourage you from playing Mafia games in the future, because it really wasn't your fault that you subbed in at such a disadvantageous state.

DaBear: Some of your lategame activity was very facepalm-worthy, but like Gorf, I can't really blame you since you just popped in really late without properly experiencing the first 75% of the game like the rest of us did. Again, I would like to see you play more, and hopefully in an easier situation to get thrown into.

Thank you both for subbing in btw, you guys are awesome. Inactivity was imo the biggest problem in this game as a whole, and you both helped alleviate those issues in the lategame.

Boron: I dunno what other players said, but I think you did a great job at designing the game. I also don't think the post restriction role was inherently bad (although I do consider it kinda silly since it rarely proves to be beneficial to scumhunting), and I definitely don't think you should blame yourself for the complaints you received. But given your emotional state at the time, I'm actually impressed that you managed to calm yourself just enough to hand the game to Paper instead of giving up on it entirely. I also had a lot of fun in this game, despite my terrible play, really. Thanks a lot!

Paper: Thanks for being a cool bro and taking over the game in Boron's place. It wasn't your responsibility to do so when you signed up as an IO, but you managed to take Boron's place and run the game really smoothly without it bothering the players, which was really nice. Thanks a lot, Paper!

Edited by Rainbow

Oh, yeah, Elieson was a great sub, and it helped me immensely in forming my conclusion that the slot was Town. Also did a great job with the lategame.

Green Poet and Refa both lacked motivation early on, which was quite a problem. I do hope that you guys, as well as SB and Spinal, are doing okay with whatever external issues you had to deal with.

(on that note, I still stand by my opinion that the Green Poet lynch was dumb)

Kirsche died too early, which was unfortunate since he was active and motivated, but at least the Doctor role didn't die out with him ;)

Hober Mallow could have actually tried to continue being active, which would've helped a lot with how we were reading his slot. I'm not sure why he subbed out, but if it was due to in-game issues, I honestly think he could've handled it well enough (even if he'd have gotten lynched eventually regardless). If it was due to external issues, well, I hope they went well...

Edited by Rainbow

Oh yeah, big thanks to Elieson for subbing in for me! He was probably just happy that I wasn't scum haha.

Green Poet and Refa both lacked motivation early on, which was quite a problem. I do hope that you guys, as well as SB and Spinal, are doing okay with whatever external issues you had to deal with.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just classes getting busier and dealing with an internship at the same time.

Edited by Refa

Having followed the thread after death, I'm content with how my lynch played out. I maintain that lynching a slot that claimed what I did, under our circumstances, was an objectively terrible town play, but... /shrug

Elemina ended contributing much more to town over the remainder of the game than I most likely would have, so I'm glad that he was the one who survived. I wasn't playing particularly well either so I don't have much entitlement to complain.

I'd be interested in hearing yedi's reasons for claiming what/when he did. Unless the scumteam was concerned about having bad or compromised fakeclaims or s/t, I don't see why he felt it was worth it to trade a 1 for 1 outside of *ylo.

Cool to see bear returning to play tho. Also many thanks to Paper and the subs for helping see the game through to its completion.

Me dying at all is me dying early TriHard. I saved Blitz N1 and I think I would've docced Elemina N2 had I not been disabled.

Tbf GP you were one of the highest posters too so don't sell yourself too short. Sorry for being wrong but at least I was right about Elemina being town.

Oh yeah Irony I think you also did great later on too. We'd love to see more of you guys here, RIP Mallow I shall not forget you.

@PB: Can we get GY and scum chats?