Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still going to stick to my No Lynch on Day 1 Policy. In going to use the night hours to reread the thread, prepare myself for Day 2 and hopefully survive through the night. I now have a lot of material to work with, so I can maybe start on definitive reads. :)

I was going to say that I wouldn't lunch GP today anyways, but the claim just makes her obviously town. Lynch redirection in a 10/3 game is dumb. I'm really feeling my vote now that the only questionable vote on the wagon isn't scum.

Green Poet. I want you to answer how your play lines up with a town governor. Did your role have anything to do with you deciding to ask about my claim? Why have you been playing your role badly consistently?

I'll do some final reads in case I'm lynched.

I'm still going to stick to my No Lynch on Day 1 Policy. In going to use the night hours to reread the thread, prepare myself for Day 2 and hopefully survive through the night. I now have a lot of material to work with, so I can maybe start on definitive reads. :)

Why not start right now?

Okay. That's fine, but there WILL be a lynch today. One hundred percent.

No Lynch is not an option, therefore you are either throwing it up in the air and letting others decide the lynch (meaning scum will have more leverage over where it goes) or you are going to have to take a stance today.

I was going to say that I wouldn't lunch GP today anyways, but the claim just makes her obviously town. Lynch redirection in a 10/3 game is dumb. I'm really feeling my vote now that the only questionable vote on the wagon isn't scum.

Bwuh?

WHY? It's lynch redirection only in a situation where majority isn't reached. That actually looks like a scummy as fuck role, like an inverse mafia executioner.

3) for now, I think you are an ignorant null read, trying to make me look like a hypocrite in an attempt to save your friend Elemina. You are either a friend of his, who respects him and thinks he is being treated badly or his scumbuddy

This is dumb. You are obviously not reading what he is saying. Get your head out of your ass man. I still think you are townier than not. I know more than just Yedi here yet you aren't saying this about others, or asking people to walk you through the read as SB is doing.

No wait, I misread the role (thought it was a vanilla governor). Still don't see it as a scum role, since it basically punishes town more for no lynching (as if that was needed).

Bwuh?

WHY? It's lynch redirection only in a situation where majority isn't reached. That actually looks like a scummy as fuck role, like an inverse mafia executioner.

as stated by the rules, we can NL indefinitely without penalty. (note that in many SF games, NL past d1 results in universal loss.) so, we are expressly told that town is not punished for NLing in this game.

why would the rules state this, and then give mafia a role that actively punishes NLs? that would be bastard, and this game is not bastard.

@Boron, how do you feel about us using offsite meta? I think we should defer to your ruling since Spinal's opposed to the idea.

As long as you are not talking about ongoing games this is fine if you guys want to do it.

I also just got back from work

Bwuh?

I'd buy it as a mafia role of it was 1x. Anything more seems excessive.

I agree with this. I need more from Refa. I'm also wavering on Green Poet. I liked his initial push on me, and his second post on my confidence. (I think I get it but will explain after he answers you) I don't like him keeping his vote on me after explaining that he liked my reasoning. He missed my question which means he isn't reading thoroughly. Just seems like he was being lazy and was caught with his pants down. You or anyone else have meta on Spinal?

For SB who said I have no progression on Green Poet. This feeling came back after he lurked and starting pushing me via role. I found him townie for his reaction but that's only partial, not his entire play.

This is dumb. You are obviously not reading what he is saying. Get your head out of your ass man. I still think you are townier than not. I know more than just Yedi here yet you aren't saying this about others, or asking people to walk you through the read as SB is doing.

Can you not >.>

Did your role have anything to do with you deciding to ask about my claim?

Why have you been playing your role badly consistently?

nope.

do you actually want an answer to this or are you just upset with me? I fail to see how an honest answer to this is relevant to your scumhunting efforts

I'd buy it as a mafia role of it was 1x. Anything more seems excessive.

Why? Do you consistently end up in games where majority is failed to be met on multiple day phases? Does this role realistically proc more than once in a game based on the way SF normally plays? EVERY community I've played on is either in a game that is doomed because it was abandoned by its players or it procs MAYBE once, probably not at all.

Hi I've been watching Evangelion with a friend for like 5 hours my bad. This thread goes from "reasonable amount to read" to "too much" real fast.

why wouldn't Elemina want to take a fight with Refa here? I agree that it's unlikely that Refa would be lynched currently, but unless your team is under pressure as mafia who you get lynched doesn't really matter on D1.

By making a case on someone like Refa he's putting himself at risk of becoming in the spotlight, compared to Ryker/Mallow etc there are much easier lynches to push (unless every "easy" target is mafia already of course, in which case something like this is possible). It's enough to make me forget about considering them.

Don't really have enough justification of Ken's meta to really make a proper read but my judge of his personality is that he gets super fired up about stuff and is very stubborn so this game kinda fits with that. Dunno about alignment tells, he doesn't feel very different than usual except maybe he's being a bit quieter now (I say before reading the next ten pages). Someone (I think you) asked why I didn't name Yedi as a scumspect and that's because Yedi was an RVS vote and then they went inactive, so I don't really have a read on them.

Earlier on, you mentioned that GP didn't draw any conclusions or followup from her previous responses. You didn't really elaborate on that after GP voted, so I don't get what made your vote change.

??? My case was after GP voted so this is confusing. I even gave an example and explained it further (I'm pretty sure). Next sentence you say you agree with me though so das cooooo

Mallow is likelier scum than Spinal. At this point I'm no longer able to believe that scum!Spinal could maintain this kind of argument with Ryker/Elemina and still be focused on the same things he has been. Page 20 is literally nothing but Spinal and Elemina back-and-forth with progressively greater aggravation, and no budging, on Spinal's part.

I am very confused as to why this affects your read on Spinal? I'm not really sure what the first statement means, do you mean Spinal wouldn't be able to stay consistent because that's incredibly weak.

Can we lynch GP please. She unvoted Spinal after that failed to gain traction, tried to incite people to hop aboard the Mallow wagon implicitly(without voting???) and then suddenly Elemina is scum because they didn't claim at the start, but made sure not to pressurethem until after a wagon was forming.

Don't like how Elemina considers literally everyone who has issues with her to be scummy (me, SB, Blitz, GP, Proto). For someone who complains about how reactionary I am, she sure is being plenty reactionary herself.

This is incredibly shallow, do you have any further issue with the cases/the logic behind the cases or is it just his targets? Is what GP said about Elemina just trying to find suboptimal play true and can you link examples if so.

It's just "bad" play because my vote isn't yet where it should be.

Not committing to a vote is more than bad play there is an advantage to it. In my description of the events above you are not being held responsible for either wagons with these actions. If someone says "yes let's vote Mallow" then you can spin them to be the instigator, by switching over to Elemina you are helping their wagon and encouraging their lynch. ALl the while staying in the background and shirking responsibility. Furthermore I still think your responses are shallow, are there more examples of Elemina simply calling out suboptimal play as scum FYPoV or was that it?

Elemina have you explained why you didn't out being numbers right away? If you've had experience with mafia then this should be commonplace knowledge. If you don't want to answer simply ignore this line.

GP I don't really understand your argument on page 26, you seem to be implying that you would be pushing Mallow as scum instead of Elemina but you DID push him first and noone bit so it feels wrong.

omfg I hate quoting shit on this site

Join the club. It all worked fine 3-4 years ago now the quoting system is completely busted.

@Ryker why would you lyunch me you didn't respond to my previous wall nor did you mention me in that post.

according to this game's rules, we need 7 to lynch at deadline.

No majority wins here. @Boron: How do ties work?

Role can come from scum as a punish-the-town mechanic. Town almost always hammers anyway so it isn't nearly that strong (Usually a panic hammer tho). We should test though.