Will we ever see a remake/successor to the tellius series?

Dinar87

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will we ever see a remake/successor to the tellius series?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

As most of you know I'm a die hard fanboy of the tellius series of fire emblem and I was wondering what you guys thought would be the future of fire emblem. While I don't know for sure, I personally think we'll never get any FE game quite like PoR or RD again.

Do you think we'll get something like what I'm talking about again? Does it even matter that much in the grand scheme of things to you?

Also, I'll not be judging anyone's tastes even though I'm a huge boot licker for those games. If anyone prefers modern fire emblem that's fine. I just don't.

Edited by Dinar87

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a Radiant Dawn to fix and put many things in the game that the original lacked (Mostly a post-game and the Support Conversation)

About how so likely it's... depends of how profitable is Fire Emblem (and specially Ike) to try to take this dangerous path. Is it enough to warrant a remake/sequel?

Edited by Troykv

I would like to see a Radiant Dawn to fix and put many things in the game that the original lacked (Mostly a post-game and the Support Conversation)

About how so likely it's... depends of how profitable is Fire Emblem (and specially Ike) to try to take this dangerous path. Is it enough to warrant a remake/sequel?

I'd love to see what you're suggesting as, while I liked the tellius games, I can admit they were flawed.

Edited by Dinar87

I doubt it. Fire Emblem 11 and 12 seem to have been made out of nostalgia for the story that started the series, but I don't think IS is going to treat the series like Pokemon with remakes of all their past titles. A sequel also seems unlikely as even Awakening was only very loosely connected to Marth's games. It'd be nice to see Tellius revisited to fix some gameplay issues as well as plot problems (Radiant Dawn) but I wouldn't count on it.

I doubt it. Fire Emblem 11 and 12 seem to have been made out of nostalgia for the story that started the series, but I don't think IS is going to treat the series like Pokemon with remakes of all their past titles. A sequel also seems unlikely as even Awakening was only very loosely connected to Marth's games. It'd be nice to see Tellius revisited to fix some gameplay issues as well as plot problems (Radiant Dawn) but I wouldn't count on it.

Same for me. But I'd prefer remakes of FE2, Jugdral series or FE6 with an official and complete english translation.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Another thing...do you guys think we'll get fire emblem on the switch or that 3ds successor that's coming "much later" according to nintendo. It'd be a nice throw back to the tellius series to have another home console FE title.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/58n70h/nintendo_switch_is_a_successor_to_the_wii_u_not/

Either make new titles, or remake the ones that didn't release outside Japan.

There's like zero point in remaking Tellius. Just put them on Switch VC.

I'd be satisfied with them being VC releases. I just wish nintendo would make it easier for newcomers to play the older games. Maybe include casual mode and not make them super expensive to get.

Edited by Dinar87

Hopefully no. The tellius story is 100% done, there's no reason to go back to it. I also definitely don't want them to go back to it. PoR is great, but RD is IMO so much worse than anything before or after it, i just fear i'd not like a sequel to it

I'd be down for a remake/enhanced port of PoR on the switch IF they included maniac mode on the localization, though. Still, i think that's extremely unlikely to happen

Edited by Nooooooooooooooooooooobody

Hopefully no. The tellius story is 100% done, there's no reason to go back to it. I also definitely don't want them to go back to it. PoR is great, but RD is IMO so much worse than anything before or after it, i just fear i'd not like a sequel to it

I'd be down for a remake/enhanced port of PoR on the switch IF they included maniac mode on the localization, though. Still, i think that's extremely unlikely to happen

What about the likelihood of a simple VC release on the switch? Is that possible do you think?

I would like a remaster someday, but I don't see it happening any time soon. I could see a VC release though, because they have put every other FE released outside Japan on the eshop and there is a demand/market for a VC release thanks to new fans wanting to play older games and Ike's popularity in Smash. I don't know how I would feel about a sequel because I feel like IS told all they are going to tell about Tellius, I could see a prequel happening before a sequel.

I would like a remaster someday, but I don't see it happening any time soon. I could see a VC release though, because they have put every other FE released outside Japan on the eshop and there is a demand/market for a VC release thanks to new fans wanting to play older games and Ike's popularity in Smash. I don't know how I would feel about a sequel because I feel like IS told all they are going to tell about Tellius, I could see a prequel happening before a sequel.

Honestly even just a VC re-release would be enough for me. And, considering Ike's massive popularity (in japan of all places) due to smash, I hope IS takes it one step further and actually makes the games widely available to play.

I understand that many would want these games to exist and yes I get that the Gamecube had a great library of games.

But can I ask you why do you want Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn when you can get them pretty much at good prices on ebay or amazon?

We all know that its highly unlikely that Nintendo will ever remaster these games, not because they sold poorly, but because they are both left unfinished atleast according to the devs.

I mean, look at both the game's visuals here.....

fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-20051012032

fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-2531.jpg

Can you honestly tell me that these graphics are just as good as how they did it in Fates and Awakening? Heck forget that. This doesn't even compare to even the ones on GBA.....

And on top of all this, if you ask Nintendo to remaster this, how can they when this game looks like a step backwards compared to the latest Fire Emblem games?

Honestly even just a VC re-release would be enough for me. And, considering Ike's massive popularity (in japan of all places) due to smash, I hope IS takes it one step further and actually makes the games widely available to play.

You do know that even Roy has made popularity and his own game didn't even get the localization it deserves.....

Why does it need a post-game? None of the other games have it (apart from Awakening), so I don't see why you need to have a post-game. Also, given the nature of RD's support system, IS would have to write support conversations for every combination of supports which just isn't feasible.

Can you honestly tell me that these graphics are just as good as how they did it in Fates and Awakening?

Well, the character models have feet for one thing. Also, the character models in Awakening are so terrible, that the models in N64 games look good in comparison.

Heck forget that. This doesn't even compare to even the ones on GBA.....

They look a lot better than the GBA graphics. A lot better.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

But can I ask you why do you want Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn when you can get them pretty much at good prices on ebay or amazon?

Because everyone can afford to pay in excess of $70-$100, right? And that tends to be for ONE of those games alone - I fail to see how you could consider those "good prices".

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I understand that many would want these games to exist and yes I get that the Gamecube had a great library of games.

We all know that its highly unlikely that Nintendo will ever remaster these games, not because they sold poorly, but because they are both left unfinished atleast according to the devs.

I mean, look at both the game's visuals here.....

fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-20051012032

fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-2531.jpg

Can you honestly tell me that these graphics are just as good as how they did it in Fates and Awakening? Heck forget that. This doesn't even compare to even the ones on GBA.....

And on top of all this, if you ask Nintendo to remaster this, how can they when this game looks like a step backwards compared to the latest Fire Emblem games?

Yeah because over £100 are "good prices"! That's what I had to pay to play PoR alone! So unless I'm missing something...I don't buy it that they're good prices at all. The entry fee to even play these games without an emulator is insane and nobody should have to do what I did just to play them.

Who cares? Some people still want to play them again so why deny them this just because of the dev's own problems with them?

Again who cares? Game play and story over graphics any day!

And while yes it's true that Roy's game didn't get localized and still hasn't to this day, Roy and marth's inclusions in smash 2 brought the entire fire emblem franchise to the west. Ike's inclusion in smash 3 and 4 meant he was not only popular enough to have Priam in awakening but in fates you can actually play as him with a portrait and everything!

No offense but I disagree with a lot of your points.

Edited by Dinar87

They look a lot better than the GBA graphics.

I was talking about it in terms of polish. Even I can tell that the GBA visuals are so vibrant. While I haven't played Path of Radiance, looking at it, I can't really agree that its better than GBA because its using 3D graphics and GBA isn't all that great with 3D Graphics.

But Even then, comparing it to other Gamecube titles, its still not that good looking. But I never judge games because of their looks but rather the gameplay.

Because everyone can afford to pay in excess of $70-$100, right?

Why not? If people are too dumb enough to help Microsoft generate easy money by buying the microtransactions in Halo 5, people can buy nearly anything they seem to be interested on..... And judging from how things are ending up on, the only option here is to buy a used game.

Why not? If people are too dumb enough to help Microsoft generate easy money by buying the microtransactions in Halo 5, people can buy nearly anything they seem to be interested on..... And judging from how things are ending up on, the only option here is to buy a used game.

Because to be blunt, I doubt I'd want to be paying that kind of money for ONE game, much less both of them - that'd be a sizable hit to anyone's wallet. Where do you get off on stating those are "good prices"? Those are ridiculous.

Roy was pretty popular in the West when SSB Melee hit Western shores, but that didn't make IntSys release FE6 over here (Marth was a bit more understandable, as at the time his last game was over a decade old on a discontinued system). There's also the fact that, while Japanese gamers may like Ike due to Smash, they don't seem to like the Tellius duology as a whole, since Ike aside it still seems to be one of the least popular Fire Emblem settings over there.

On the topic at hand, no. The Tellius games are arguably among the games in the series that would least benefit from a remake, and another sequel isn't needed because their story was finished being told. I wouldn't mind a Virtual Console release, but even that might not happen.

Because to be blunt, I doubt I'd want to be paying that kind of money for ONE game, much less both of them - that'd be a sizable hit to anyone's wallet. Where do you get off on stating those are "good prices"? Those are ridiculous.

Would you be willing to buy it if it was cheaper? It's fine to say no.

Roy was pretty popular in the West when SSB Melee hit Western shores, but that didn't make IntSys release FE6 over here (Marth was a bit more understandable, as at the time his last game was over a decade old on a discontinued system). There's also the fact that, while Japanese gamers may like Ike due to Smash, they don't seem to like the Tellius duology as a whole, since Ike aside it still seems to be one of the least popular Fire Emblem settings over there.

On the topic at hand, no. The Tellius games are arguably among the games in the series that would least benefit from a remake, and another sequel isn't needed because their story was finished being told. I wouldn't mind a Virtual Console release, but even that might not happen.

I understand that but that's why I said "I hope" because I acknowledge that there's still a slim chance of even a VC release ever happening. As you said, it didn't happen for fe6 so why would it happen for fe9 or 10? But I still hope it happens for both Roy's and Ike's games.

Edited by Dinar87