Will we ever see a remake/successor to the tellius series?

Dinar87

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will we ever see a remake/successor to the tellius series?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

OK so it seems not many of you think the tellius series will ever get more than fan service in the future...what about, how much do you want the tellius series to be a part of the future of fire emblem (e.g. VC re release? Full blown sequel? Remake?)?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so it seems not many of you think the tellius series will ever get more than fan service in the future...what about, how much do you want the tellius series to be a part of the future of fire emblem (e.g. VC re release? Full blown sequel? Remake?)?

I'd be okay with it if they gave poor Micaiah more spotlight.

Yeah, RD really should've expanded part 1 and made it the whole game imo. Maybe somehow tie in the greil mercs and others in a way that makes sense?

Yeah, RD really should've expanded part 1 and made it the whole game imo. Maybe somehow tie in the greil mercs and others in a way that makes sense?

Can I ask you why you're so obsessed into Fire Emblem being only like the Tellius arc? If that is so much what you desire, then I'm sorry but not everyone's going to like that arc. I personally like the Nohr kingdom and the Grandbell arc where Holy war is but I know that Nintendo is never going to do anything about that so I just accept the games for what they are.

I love a metroid game to always be like Fusion but I know for a fact that will never happen because its so limited compared to Prime so I just accept the way it is.

PoR/RD should get a VC rerelease has the copies are too expensive now.

I'm against remakes in general, because you'll end up with a compromise that won't satisfy either the purists or the newer fans to the series. Really don't want to have another 'kris' situation.

I'm not actually good at FE games, you know. I could barely beat RD on easy. I had trouble with PoR's chapter 17 on easy. I think FE7 is hard as it is on normal mode, though not as hard as RD. I just didn't bother to try finishing FE7 because I lost interest in it. FE6 sounds too hard.

And PoR and RD had poor sales because of poor marketing and release time. They're generally loved by those who DID play them.

Por and RD had a couple of issues.

1. Released on unpopular system, sequel was a released on a popular system but it was direct sequel so that limited its appeal

2. PoR is really slow playing, especially coming from the quick playing GBA games.

3. PoR/RD are ugly games (not artwise, but the 3d models/textures were bad for that time). Combat animations were also completely different than 7-8 which fans in the states were accustomed to by now.

Edited by Draxal

As much as I like the Tellius games, I am going to have to go with Florette (I read your name as Floette at first) on this one and say that ports for both games and the Switch would be the only viable option. (I would also like to see Mischief Makers on the Virtual Console, but that is more of a personal issue).

Micaiah deserved more attention... It's a really shame she was the only main character that was completely new (doesn't have enough time to explait herself) and in a rushed game (where a lot of content was cutted or compressed, include many conversations)

I'm already prepared for whatever extra fanservice thing with Ike they would decide to do instead of give it Micaiah some rightfully deserved respect.

Micaiah deserved more attention... It's a really shame she was the only main character that was completely new (doesn't have enough time to explait herself) and in a rushed game (where a lot of content was cutted or compressed, include many conversations)

I'm already prepared for whatever extra fanservice thing with Ike they would decide to do instead of give it Micaiah some rightfully deserved respect.

I'm curious...what kind of content was scrapped from radiant dawn?

All I would really want are more paired endings for RD (my three most wanted being Ike x Elincia, Kieran x Marcia, and Rolf x Mist), and some of RD's plot rewritten a bit. The bloodpact should be expanded upon and Tormod's group needs to not freaking disappear in part 1 all the way until fucking part 4. :/ That was just stupid. Imo, the DB need some more battle time too, as they're always too weak compared to Ike's group for me. They also need some more fleshing out as characters, because as of now, they're all pretty boring and flat due to lack of real support conversations and stuff.

All I would really want are more paired endings for RD (my three most wanted being Ike x Elincia, Kieran x Marcia, and Rolf x Mist), and some of RD's plot rewritten a bit. The bloodpact should be expanded upon and Tormod's group needs to not freaking disappear in part 1 all the way until fucking part 4. :/ That was just stupid. Imo, the DB need some more battle time too, as they're always too weak compared to Ike's group for me. They also need some more fleshing out as characters, because as of now, they're all pretty boring and flat due to lack of real support conversations and stuff.

I'd of made the whole game about the dawn brigade overthrowing the powerful begnion senators and MAYBE ashera if they could think of a good reason to have her. The Greil Mercenaries and others could just join their cause and have one big army like in path of radiance. Essentially a path of radiance 2.0 is what I want just with new characters and levels.

For Radiant Dawn, the part of the story I'd like changed the most would be removing the Blood Pact, but if they had to keep it in, I'd like it better explained, particularly why anyone would willingly sign one. "Hey, sign this paper. You get nothing in return but you and your country will be my slaves forever" is a Fates tier plot device. Another change would be taking out the reverence for BK. He's a straight villain in PoR, and for good reason.

For gameplay, I would:

-give the DB more chapters (maybe make a part 2.5) and just work on unit balance in general

-tweak mastery skills so they aren't Insta Win triggers

-give the new characters more development, either through Base Conversations or supports

-cut Biorhythm. It's dumb and shouldn't come back.

There might be more things but that's all that comes to mind for now.

3. PoR/RD are ugly games (not artwise, but the 3d models/textures were bad for that time). Combat animations were also completely different than 7-8 which fans in the states were accustomed to by now.

Speaking from an animation perspective, FE9 animations are very subpar.

Even upscaled to HD resolution.

Not to mention FE9 was still slow even with just map animations.

I feel like the superior product would be a mash of FE10's animation and FE9's story appeal.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Speaking from an animation perspective, FE9 animations are very subpar.

Even upscaled to HD resolution.

to mention FE9 was still slow even with just map animations.

I feel like the superior product would be a mash of FE10's animation and FE9's story appeal.

Oh yeah... I'm okay with FE10's Speed (and I enjoy a lot of things in the game, that include even the animations themselves)...

But Path of Radiance is so freaking slow... I got bored trying to wait anything xDU

But they do fly in RD, I was glad to see that.

I felt RD was even slower than PoR at times though. Like part 2 Endgame, WHY DID EVERY SINGLE ENEMY UNIT HAVE TO MOVE ON EVERY TURN? This seriously dragged out the map and annoyed me and is the main reason I hate this chapter. the map and battle itself isn't bad at all, it's pretty good, but the freaking enemy turns, wtf...

So it seems a number of you dislike PoR's animations which I'll admit are far from my favorites in the series (that would be the GBA animations for how flashy they are). Even so, I actually prefer them to awakenings (and fates, if fates turns out to be like awakening in this area) because the frame rate is much better. Yes, they're very stiff and clunky but I still feel (especially FE 10) the sub series had some really cool looking animations despite their flaws.

And yes, it would've been a life saver to be able to skip turns like you could in awakening with the press of a button!

Another thing I want task you guys is what type of music does radiant dawn have? Seriously, THIS

is better than all of awakening's ost combined in my opinion and I'd love to hear more of it beyond the game (as I've heard all of the game's tracks). Edited by Dinar87

Off the top of my head, Largo.

So what would everyone want for a remake of Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn?

I think just a basic graphics uplift would be enough for me, like wind waker. *maybe* add some of the cut endings, but that's not a big deal for me Edited by Radiant head

Like part 2 Endgame, WHY DID EVERY SINGLE ENEMY UNIT HAVE TO MOVE ON EVERY TURN? This seriously dragged out the map and annoyed me and is the main reason I hate this chapter. the map and battle itself isn't bad at all, it's pretty good, but the freaking enemy turns, wtf...

Unfortunately, your rage is misdirected.

They all move, because like in every other FE game, defense maps mean you're defending an objective. Whether it be an object, a point, or stall for turns.

The AI is set to get to you with all its might. Meaning every enemy is set to aggro.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Unfortunately, your rage is misdirected.

They all move, because like in every other FE game, defense maps mean you're defending an objective. Whether it be an object, a point, or stall for turns.

The AI is set to get to you with all its might. Meaning every enemy is set to aggro.

I'm aware, SOC. Thing is, I didn't have a problem with the defend chapters in PoR where all the enemy units moved as well. Because there, even when all the enemy units moved, they actually moved a bit quicker. In RD, especially in this chapter, they move like molasses or snails! Part of the reason is surely that a lot of the enemy units in Part 2 Endgame are freaking armor knights, but still.

Then you should criticize RD's speed in general.

Which leads to the point that a remake should at least feature a simple tweak from the DS era FEs:

The start skip button for individual battles or phases altogether.

I'd argue, FE9 is slower. You had to watch map animations. FE10, you could turn that off, hold A in manual speed. The only thing in FE10 you had to watch was ballistae and boulders.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Tellius is my favorite overall in the series. Fe9 was my first FE ever. Ive wished a lot that theyre remaked one day in one package. Id love an english release of fe9 maniac mode, the UI of modern FE and fixes to the flaws the games had that didnt let them realize their true potential.

Tellius is my favorite overall in the series. Fe9 was my first FE ever. Ive wished a lot that theyre remaked one day in one package. Id love an english release of fe9 maniac mode, the UI of modern FE and fixes to the flaws the games had that didnt let them realize their true potential.

My first was awakening and, believe it or not, I used to be a HUGE awakening fanboy (to the point where I thought that anyone who hated awakening was a filthy elitist)...then I actually played the older games. So it's kind of funny that I've essentially become my pasts' own worst enemy like that. And yes, I'd love a remake of those games as well (though anything more would be a bit too much).