Berserkers Vs Swordmasters! POLL

DeSu

Berserkers vs Swordmasters  

48 members have voted

1. 1. !!!?!

• Berserkers!!! KILL.
    • Swordmasters! SLICE.

Berserkers. They have Jesus abilities(they can walk on water!) and can climb mountains. They get the h4x crit bonus. They use axes, which are awesome! Great Strength, speed, caps. Auto-win.

Edited by Karol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berserkers. Gameplay-wise, they got better durability, more offense with speed, and can move on mountains and water. Swordmasters lose out more in FE7/8 due to their Swordslayer weakness.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Good Berserkers: Geese, Gonzales, Dart, Ross, Largo.

Good Swordmasters: Aira, Lakche, Skasaher, Fir, Rutger, Joshua, Mia, Zihark, Edward. Karla sucks, but I like her.

The SM's have the numbers, but the Berserkers are badass. I'll wait before voting.

Good Berserkers: Geese, Gonzales, Dart, Ross, Largo.

Good Swordmasters: Aira, Lakche, Skasaher, Fir, Rutger, Joshua, Mia, Zihark, Edward. Karla sucks, but I like her.

The SM's have the numbers, but the Berserkers are badass. I'll wait before voting.

Just because there's a lack of Berserkers in the series (probably cause they're h4x), that doesn't mean they aren't a good class.

Over-powered? Nah... High speed cap/growths, MAX str caps, strongest weapons in the game, access to all terrain not walls... Over-powered? Definitely not.

There's something about both classes that rubs me the wrong way regardless of well they perform. Maybe it's because berserkers strike me as typical dumb brutes while swordmasters seem like a bunch of dorks who perform ridiculous stunts. I don't know.

Silly opinions aside, I'm not too sure which to vote for. Swordies have been on a decline, but the ones that are good are just as good if not better than berserkers. I suppose I'll vote for swordmasters, if only because there are more swordmasters that I like than berserkers.

Swordies have been on a decline,

I can agree that they declined over the course of 6 through 9, but they got better in Radiant Dawn. Things are harder to kill in two normal hits, harder to double-attack, and there are lots of skills to lump together for higher % activation rates on top of the crits.

Speed is overrated in most the FE games I've played. I'll take raw power, kthx.

Funny thing is, Berserkers still are fast with 28 max speed. Although, Hard Mode Gonzales is probably the only one to reach it on average. If it weren't for the weapon triangle, a maxed out Berserker would easily destroy a maxed out Swordmaster many times over.