What do you guys think of Hana?

Dinar87

Hana functions just fine as a Swordmaster, she can also go Master of Arms if you want a bit more beef, one thing to note is that using a Naginata over a Katana instantly grants +2 Def/Res(+1 as opposed to a Katana's -1, Hana likely won't miss the small speed boost) in addition to the higher bases and growths in her defensive parameters. Her Str is high enough that she likely won't miss Swordfaire, and Astra is easy to dip into swordmaster for(if only for it's utility in charging up dual guards, since once again, her str/spd are so high she shouldn't fail to kill things)

Of course, this is assuming you're dead set on keeping Hana as a samurai. There are plenty of ways to fix her issues, after all. She has natural access to Priestess, and can get archer easily from an A+ with Setsuna if you want to take her down the route of using bows. How does a stronger and faster Takumi sound? Sure, she's less bulky, but your archers shouldn't be getting hit regardless. She's fast enough to easily rock a steel forge to make up for not having the Fujin Yumi, and if you care that much about ignoring terrain, make her a Kinshi Knight to fly over said terrain.

Or you can keep her melee. Silas joins early enough for a fast S rank, and Great Knight Hana in guard stance with a Great Knight Silas in the back has a minimum of 18 def, 23 if you train up her lance rank and give her a guard Naginata. This is assuming she never gains a point of defense through levellingm which she probably will, at some point. It's not massive, and she's not a super tank by any means, but it should be more than enough to use her without constantly worrying about her exploding. She's also a good candidate for the Ch7 robe if you plan to use her, for what it's worth. A renown Nohrian blade also makes a massive difference in earlygame.

There are other ways, of course, Marrying Jacob or A+ing Felicia gives access to maid and all of it's fun utility and unrestricted 1-2 range, she can also marry Kaze for the more offensive Ninja or just go Dread Fighter off the bat to become an earlygame juggernaut, avoiding counters with Shuriken. Sure, as a Swordmaster, she's not as strong as Ryouma since the Raijinto is ridiculous, but she's far from a bad unit. If you don't like her as a glass cannon melee swordmaster, it's easy to get creative.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I haven't played those games, I'm afraid I can't comment. Perhaps it has to do with them not having the formula down after more than 25 years, perhaps Fire Emblem is tied down by red tape, or maybe different writers are being used, and the more skilled ones don't work on Fire Emblem or have even left the company.

I do think Intelligent Systems tend to write good character interactions; rarely anything stellar, but a lot of supports are solid.

I highly disagree. I find Blazing Sword to have the worst Fire Emblem story after Fates for a myriad of reasons, the biggest of which is Nergal.

Regardless of the amount of pressure on the writers, what is undeniable is that the story of Fates only exists and is moved forward due to plot contrivances, some of which could've been avoided easily even with the current format.

In terms of the Paper Mario games, they tend to have storylines that are fairly safe/simple but executed well (I think a pitfall both Fates and Awakening fell into was trying to go too grandiose without the proper development/writing to back it up), though a lot of the enjoyable writing comes from comical character interactions. That said, the first two PM games have a solid main storyline, PM2 has some interesting lore and worldbuilding, and SPM gets pretty bold with its writing and for the most part, it tends to pay off (not gonna go too into detail, but destruction of entire alternate dimensions and a representation of hell are involved lol).

Do you mind elaborating on BS? As I said it's totally possible that I'm being nostalgia-blind here so I wouldn't mind a more objective perspective, haha.

I'll also cite Sacred Stones (knew how to have a tragic/interesting/relatable villain, at least) and the Tellius games as evidence that IS CAN write at least passable plots, and Awakening and Fates feel like pretty big disconnects compared to the quality standard that I'm used to, at least. I suppose it's also entirely possible that I'm just looking at these last two games with a higher degree of scrutiny, though.

Why do 5% hit rates hit so often? Was it like this in previous games?

Anyways, so basically she's a damage dealer but not a damage taker. She can finish off enemies in one blow but other than that she's not great at taking hits. Does she have any other uses besides finishing off mages in one shot?

Fates has something of a reputation for being unforgiving with this sort of thing, where in prior games, a 20% or below hit rate was almost a guarantee of not being hit, now it's viewed as more of like a 50% lol. This kind of stuff isn't so bad if you're playing on Casual or whatnot, but if you're playing Classic and especially a higher difficulty than Normal, risk management becomes a much bigger issue, and even 5% for hit or even crit is not a possibility you want to bank on. This is the kind of thing that ShadowofChaos is talking about on the last page, and it's mainly a concern for higher difficulties. Not really something to sweat for your first run IMO, but def something to be aware of if you wanna up the difficulty.

I guess that's true. IS seems to be prioritizing player choice in their latest games.

Oh dude, you have no idea. My last two runs have been to make all of my units Wyvern and Ninja classes respectively hahahaha. There's NEVER been this high a degree of replayability and customizability in a FE game to date, at least that I'm aware of.

In terms of the Paper Mario games, they tend to have storylines that are fairly safe/simple but executed well (I think a pitfall both Fates and Awakening fell into was trying to go too grandiose without the proper development/writing to back it up), though a lot of the enjoyable writing comes from comical character interactions. That said, the first two PM games have a solid main storyline, PM2 has some interesting lore and worldbuilding, and SPM gets pretty bold with its writing and for the most part, it tends to pay off (not gonna go too into detail, but destruction of entire alternate dimensions and a representation of hell are involved lol).

Do you mind elaborating on BS? As I said it's totally possible that I'm being nostalgia-blind here so I wouldn't mind a more objective perspective, haha.

I'll also cite Sacred Stones (knew how to have a tragic/interesting/relatable villain, at least) and the Tellius games as evidence that IS CAN write at least passable plots, and Awakening and Fates feel like pretty big disconnects compared to the quality standard that I'm used to, at least. I suppose it's also entirely possible that I'm just looking at these last two games with a higher degree of scrutiny, though.

Fates has something of a reputation for being unforgiving with this sort of thing, where in prior games, a 20% or below hit rate was almost a guarantee of not being hit, now it's viewed as more of like a 50% lol. This kind of stuff isn't so bad if you're playing on Casual or whatnot, but if you're playing Classic and especially a higher difficulty than Normal, risk management becomes a much bigger issue, and even 5% for hit or even crit is not a possibility you want to bank on. This is the kind of thing that ShadowofChaos is talking about on the last page, and it's mainly a concern for higher difficulties. Not really something to sweat for your first run IMO, but def something to be aware of if you wanna up the difficulty.

Oh dude, you have no idea. My last two runs have been to make all of my units Wyvern and Ninja classes respectively hahahaha. There's NEVER been this high a degree of replayability and customizability in a FE game to date, at least that I'm aware of.

That's why it's such a shame that paper mario appears to of ditched having big epic stories in favor of goddamn, motherfecking punny toads!

I thought the story in blazing sword was ok...nothing too special though I really liked hector.

Logically, a 20% chance should still miss a hell of a lot so, combined with the fact that I've heard the numbers displayed in fates are the true, actual chances displayed, it makes me confused as to why characters hit so much. I still think it's sort of a shame that my favorite strategy of dodge tanking is gone and you'd of thought that the system fates uses would yield strategies like that!

While all this player choice is nice, it does make it harder for IS to craft a better story as they have to take into account of more factors than they used to. Maybe that's why their stories apparently aren't as good anymore?

Edited by Dinar87

Logically, a 20% chance should still miss a hell of a lot so, combined with the fact that I've heard the numbers displayed in fates are the true, actual chances displayed, it makes me confused as to why characters hit so much. I still think it's sort of a shame that my favorite strategy of dodge tanking is gone and you'd of thought that the system fates uses would yield strategies like that!

While all this player choice is nice, it does make it harder for IS to craft a better story as they have to take into account of more factors than they used to. Maybe that's why their stories apparently aren't as good anymore?

IDK man I don't think the gameplay is really a big hampering factor on the plot except where the kids were concerned. I actually even made a thread about disconnects between plot and gameplay to call all that $#!7 out; frankly, it just seems like they had all these gameplay ideas they wanted to institute, IE the kids, My Castle, etc. and had the writers shoehorn in contrivances to explain them? Although that doesn't exactly explain the contrivances in the main story plot, lol... My theory for Fates is the same as it was for Awakening, which is that when they have SO many supports to write that inevitably something is gonna be stretched a bit thin, which in both instances, winds up being the plot (esp since they have THREE plotlines to write for Fates instead of just 1).

So in that regard, I suppose you're right that the 'more options = weaker story' thing sort of exsists, ahahaha... It's unfortunate, I'd honestly just rather have more restricted support options in exchange for a more fleshed-out story, but then people will inevitably complain that they can't ship their OTPs (and still do anyway-- IE, Ryoma x Scarlet) so what can you do.

As for the accuracy thing, in theory it's probably just a matter of getting unlucky with the RNG, but in practice the amount of times it actually winds up happening tends to make it feel rigged (you'll come to understand what I mean when you start playing the Arena, lol-- instances where an 80% hit rate on your character VS a 50% hit rate on the opponent often winds up feeling very much like the opposite of that). shrug.

IDK man I don't think the gameplay is really a big hampering factor on the plot except where the kids were concerned. I actually even made a thread about disconnects between plot and gameplay to call all that $#!7 out; frankly, it just seems like they had all these gameplay ideas they wanted to institute, IE the kids, My Castle, etc. and had the writers shoehorn in contrivances to explain them? Although that doesn't exactly explain the contrivances in the main story plot, lol... My theory for Fates is the same as it was for Awakening, which is that when they have SO many supports to write that inevitably something is gonna be stretched a bit thin, which in both instances, winds up being the plot (esp since they have THREE plotlines to write for Fates instead of just 1).

So in that regard, I suppose you're right that the 'more options = weaker story' thing sort of exsists, ahahaha... It's unfortunate, I'd honestly just rather have more restricted support options in exchange for a more fleshed-out story, but then people will inevitably complain that they can't ship their OTPs (and still do anyway-- IE, Ryoma x Scarlet) so what can you do.

As for the accuracy thing, in theory it's probably just a matter of getting unlucky with the RNG, but in practice the amount of times it actually winds up happening tends to make it feel rigged (you'll come to understand what I mean when you start playing the Arena, lol-- instances where an 80% hit rate on your character VS a 50% hit rate on the opponent often winds up feeling very much like the opposite of that). shrug.

I see...so the way the children were handled wasn't all that great. Maybe part of the reason the stories don't seem that good imo is that they spread themselves too thin trying to make stories for 3 games at once!

I'd LOVE a game that has fewer characters and supports but have each character get major development like Jill and Elincia in my favorite sub series of all time! While I think IS is too scared to anger waifu/husbando shippers who they think are the majority of people who buy their game, I highly doubt most people bought the modern games due to fan service and marrying characters. Gods, talking about fire emblem this way makes it sound like a dating sim XD

Probably frustration t hat avoiding attacks isn't as common anymore leads people to exaggerate how bad it is....maybe? IDK why.

Hana's definitely a flawed character, but I think a lot of people do forget she's about Sakura's age or so, give or take. She's a brash kid that jumps to conclusions, but also feels very, idk how to describe it, genuine? Like I don't think she means to be a jerk so much as just a kid with no filter who will probably grow out of it. I don't think she's in the right of blaming avatar in their support, but I can also see her logic from a pov of a young teenager whose lord and best friend is basically her world. It's a reasonable portrayal, at any rate. And in most cases when someone points out to her that she's doing something hurtful she immediately apologizes for it. I think she just doesn't have the maturity yet to look closer at her actions, yet. Which is reasonable given her age.

I mean, I was her age once. I was a little shit who didn't really consider my actions very carefully either.

As a unit I never really used her so I can't comment.

I agree. I actually really liked that support chain because of how human it made her. She felt like a real person who only heard one end of a story and jumped to a conclusion. Her lord who is her world, was so very saddened by Corrin's disappearance. And here comes Corrin waltzing back into Sakura's life after all this time, what does 15 year old Hana think? "how dare you make my lord suffer! She cried and cried and i couldnt comfort her!" Its just so human a reaction, i couldnt hold it against her. Hana is impetuous and young. She really doesnt understand the world and the breadth of human feelings deep enough to understand it was never Corrin's fault. She may have even realized it wasnt Corrin's fault the moment the words left her mouth, but her youth and naivete of the world cant pin the blame on Garon just yet.

Hana is a nice girl, but very brash. She learned at her father's knee how to be a good retainer to her lord. She idolized him and wants to prove her worth as a swordswoman. Hoshido is a more patriarchal nation, so she certainly catches some shit for being a young girl with a blade. People not taking her seriously and the like. Shes so adamant about proving herself, it leads to her to making irrational decisions.

I really like her. I wish i could like her as a unit. Shes way too squishy and her damage output isnt as good as it could be. She becomes ultimately irrelevant once Ryoma shows up. The only guy who can reliably dodge tank.

I see...so the way the children were handled wasn't all that great. Maybe part of the reason the stories don't seem that good imo is that they spread themselves too thin trying to make stories for 3 games at once!

I'd LOVE a game that has fewer characters and supports but have each character get major development like Jill and Elincia in my favorite sub series of all time! While I think IS is too scared to anger waifu/husbando shippers who they think are the majority of people who buy their game, I highly doubt most people bought the modern games due to fan service and marrying characters. Gods, talking about fire emblem this way makes it sound like a dating sim XD

Probably frustration t hat avoiding attacks isn't as common anymore leads people to exaggerate how bad it is....maybe? IDK why.

@ first paragraph: I would say that is a strong possibility. =3=

@ second paragraph: TBH I think the shippers ARE the majority of the people who buy their games lol. Look at how well Awakening did in sales, them's the proofs. And I'll be honest, I enjoyed those aspects of Awakening, hahaha. I wasn't as into it in Fates, but thankfully the gameplay holds most of the interest for me in that regard.

I really like her. I wish i could like her as a unit. Shes way too squishy and her damage output isnt as good as it could be. She becomes ultimately irrelevant once Ryoma shows up. The only guy who can reliably dodge tank.

Y'know IDK maybe my Hana is just RNG-blessed, but on my current run she's packing more Str than Ryoma (including Raijinto boost) at the same level as him .-. Though I'm not gonna deny that Ryoma tends to just be better on the whole.

Edited by BANRYU

I think Hana's a pretty interesting unit. In many ways she plays more like an archer or mage: you use her to destroy one target on the player phase, then wall her in. Thanks to Duelist's Blow, she can usually dodge the counter she faces on the player phase, especially if you give her a Dual Katana; with the option of that and a normal katana I seem to recall only the more accurate enemies (typically sword-users) pose a major threat to her on the player phase.

Enemy phase, you can... sometimes afford to expose her to one hit, and if so that reduces the amount of walling you need to do. Not always though, check your local enemy attack stats.

She's not uber or anything but she gets the job done as a player-phase troubleshooter, and while her enemy phase potential is limited it's still better than that of the archers, who are some of her main compeition in player-phase offence. She's outclassed by Ryoma, but so are all other foot units in Birthright, and Ryoma can't be everywhere at once.

I don't have much opinion on her as a character. I didn't hate her Corrin C support, but nor does she do that much for me otherwise.

I see alot of people that don't like her and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of her support with Corrin. Honestly apart from that support the rest of hers aren't bad. I actually like her as a character and she's one of my favourite's design wise. She is pretty fragile though, similar to Mia in PoR/RD. She can tank some magic though, which is more than I can say for other squishy characters from other games like Gaius who couldn't tank anything. Unfortunately due to this game's sneaky RNG, banking on dodge is a bit more risky but Hana does excel on her turn and her personal skill can help soften up groups for others which is handy and her speed pretty much guarantees doubles.

In terms of favourite characters, so far mine would consist of Mozu, Oboro, Beruka, Mitama, Arthur, Azama, Benny, Saizo and Niles.

Edited by Naturesshadow

omg yeah I forgot about her personal. It's too bad she has no access to Malig Knight outside of marrying corn, because her personal + Savage Blow would be pretty cool, ahaha.

I'd like to give a shoutout to Loki and Lumi for applying context to her character and instead of lighting one part of one support on fire and calling it a day. It still surprises me that to this day no one seems to have read past the goddamn C support. There are 4 supports for a reason.

I like her slightly as a character, but man she sucks as a unit.

Unless that hit rate is 0%, she is never dodge tanking.

80% of my restart causing deaths of low hit rates in Lunatic no-grind Birthright were "reliable" Duelist Blow hits of enemy hit rates of 15% or lower on Kazahana.

Confirmation bias is one helluva drug. I've used Hana to "dodge tank" very reliably, but I still make sure she can survive what she is dodging beforehand in the event it fails. Dodge tanking is a means to extend survivability,as opposed to being something to rely on (e.g. being 3HKO'd at 25% hit rates by 4 enemies, on average only 1 enemy will hit which makes me comfortable with my survival odds).

Throwing her at something that will OHKO her and gambling on it missing is simply not good strategy.

That being said, I'm probably one of the few people that has used her in every run of Fates I've done ever simply because I like her that much (including my no royals Revelation Lunatic no grind run.) I love her Pink/Brown design and Pink Swordmaster coat, I love how she's blunt and isn't afraid to tell the truth, but at the same time is also willing to apologize when she knows she's legitimately offended someone/hurt their feelings, I love how she can be genuinely thoughtful when you aren't an ass to her (Hayato support), I love glass cannons, I like how she's brash all the time but still is human enough to get hurt (the mycastle conversation where she talks about boys picking on her made me sadface). I know she gets a lot of flack for being all about dat Sakura, but it's pretty easy to see why once you dig into her character. Sakura is more than just her best friend she wants to protect; Sakura represent a two fold reason for living that's rooted in Kazahana's desire to be like her father. Sakura is both her best friend (as her father was to Sumeragi or something IIRC) and someone of the royal family she can protect like her father did. It's not a deep or compelling character trait, but it is one that is well reinforced and easy to understand. It's the reason Silas's support made me so angry when he said that his resolve was greater than Hana's to protect Kamui (his supposed best friend that hardly remembers him? Please.)

Back to gameplay, I always like a high availabiliy growth unit (and her offensive bases are freaking ridiculous). Considering that in 3DS FE there are a million ways to boost stats for everyone (someone over on reddit calcuclated Benny doubling CQ Endgame boss from base) it's not hard to get her to a point of decent survivability. Pair ups, Master of Arms +4 HP/Def, tonics, reclasses, etc. I even wrote about how she can snowball from base in her join chapter alone. I've been accused of liking her for FeMyrm bias which annoys me to no end. I can acknowledge when FeMyrms are bad. Only other FeMyrms I like would be Mareeta and Mia (in FE10, of course).

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Confirmation bias is one helluva drug. I've used Hana to "dodge tank" very reliably, but I still make sure she can survive what she is dodging beforehand in the event it fails. Dodge tanking is a means to extend survivability,as opposed to being something to rely on (e.g. being 3HKO'd at 30% hit rates by 5 enemies, on average only 2 enemies will hit which makes me comfortable with my survival odds).

Throwing her at something that will OHKO her and gambling on it missing is simply not good strategy.

The thing with that video is that she did catch up in levels to all of the others, but her damage output and speed were not enough at all (even with a sunrise katana and str bonus from Rinka) for it to be worth it to throw her against one axe user.

ONE axe user.

I'd like your input on her stats in the window in that video.

I needed to kill Ganz there to give her a level up as my last insight if she was worth keeping with Ryouma in the party.

Also, after a certain point, ALL axe users are berserkers. If any of them hit at all, she's dead.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The thing with that video is that she did catch up in levels to all of the others, but her damage output and speed were not enough at all (even with a sunrise katana and str bonus from Rinka) for it to be worth it to throw her against one axe user.

ONE axe user.

I'd like your input on her stats in the window in that video.

I needed to kill Ganz there to give her a level up as my last insight if she was worth keeping with Ryouma in the party.

tbh Hans in general is dangerous for basically everyone at 1 range. He's very strong for that stage of the game. With regards to the bold, Strong and Fast are basically the only things she's good at naturally. Her personal Str/Spd growths are higher than some characters with their class growths added, lol. Anyone you have in the party after Ryoma joins are either basically optional or around to speed things along since he can't be everywhere. I'd never argue her in the party over Ryoma.

As for my input on her stats, I'll assume LM just because. In order for Kazahana to do 13 damage to Han's 10 Def she'd need 23 Atk. With tonic and WTA (assuming she's C swords) she'd need 4 procs total. This means she's at her level 11 average in C13. If she's level 11, that's a tad below average for anyone you're seriously using long term at that point (lowmanning is a thing in Hoshido). But the difference between a C7 fighter (which she can ORKO at base) and a C13 fighter is 4 HP and 2 speed. It's not hard to keep her up, and post C13 brings the reverse katana which doubles weapon triangle penalties/bonuses (she's taking less damage and has more avoid than normal against lances) giving her much better WTC. Promo is either 10 more avoid and 2 Def or a raw +4 HP/Def to durability. Been playing Fates since release and the only things that have ever achieved OHKO on her are the like 50-something atk Fighters in C19 who have lol 15 HP and the final boss of Hoshido so I've never been sure what everyone has been doing with her lol.

Been playing Fates since release and the only things that have ever achieved OHKO on her are the like 50-something atk Fighters in C19 who have lol 15 HP and the final boss of Hoshido so I've never been sure what everyone has been doing with her lol

Did you use any stat boosters on her for HP or Def? Because Steel berserkers, while they have hits in the single digits at best... have as much damage output as her max HP for me.

She's 1 experience away from 13 in that vid.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Did you use any stat boosters on her for HP or Def? Because Steel berserkers, while they have hits in the single digits at best... have as much damage output as her max HP for me.

She's 1 experience away from 13 in that vid.

Oh don't get me wrong, I said she's not OHKO'd, but that doesn't mean a high Atk enemy won't beat her within an inch of her life if they whack her. It's why I place a very strong emphasis on the word survive. A 1 HP unit can still be healed, use a healing item, refreshed, sheltered, or just be shielded on EP.

Mostly I use the C7 seraph on her then let her growths/promo bonuses do everything else with tonics and food bonuses helping out.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Well, it depends on how she is being judged, as a unit or a character?

Character: Well, she is ok I guess. I just felt that she was a little annoying, and her supports got old quick. I felt she was a Effie with a worse personality and fewer redeeming qualities.

Unit: Well I'll be honest, she is by far the worst samurai in the game (in my opinion anyway). She can't survive a more than one physical attack and her other stats don't make up for it. Sure she's fast but to have HP, Def, Res, and Str as low as hers, it needs to be made up for with a much higher base speed and a slightly higher speed growth. (I know they are both already high but it just isn't enough to compensate for the other stats.)

I will admit that I'm totally biased and this is just my opinion, but she is undoubtedly in my least favorite Fates character, and I can't even think of another one that I don't like. But despite her flaws she does have her moments, like her supports with Effie, Sakura, and Subaki. I just feel that she was lacking in a lot of areas.

I mean, I would argue she's not worse than Hinata, but I suppose it's debatable enough. However, your point about her stats is pretty far off. Her Str base is perfectly reasonable for her join time and level, and her growth is massive, lagging only slightly behind Kagero or a +Str Corrin in Hoshido, making her one of the best units in the route as far as Str stats are concerned. Her res is also about average for Hoshido, so it's not something worth calling out as a pitifully low stat. Her HP and Def are conceded, but as I've mentioned before, reclassing can either heavily bolster her bulk to the point of being acceptable, or she can just run as a bow user and not care about her own survivability in the slightest.

It's fair to not like her as a unit, but at least get your facts straight.

While I can see your point about the strength I was referring to the combination of her stats, it's a fine growth but I find it just doesn't do it for her, characters who have a similar "glass cannon" complex (Charlotte, Nyx) have a better offensive growth in their cannon classes AND their weapon is stronger too. (Charlotte: axe, Nyx: tome)

And when I actually have facts I will be sure to "get them straight" but I don't see a single one in my last post. I simply stated my opinion that for how poor her other stats are I think her strength and speed should be higher. I didn't say that her cannon class strength growth was 40% when it's 65%, so be a little less defensive. The title of the forum is "What do you guys think of Hanna?" so you should have gone in knowing that people would be voicing their opinions and with that, known that some people won't have the same opinions as you and you needed to accept them. If you wanted to have a discussion about our different ideas we could have had a nice conversation and learned something from it. However here we are squabbling with each other over nothing more than the fact that you didn't agree my opinion about one fictional character from a game that has a cast of over 70.

As a myrmidon/swordmaster unit:

-Her personal is meh

-Has the perks myrmidons and swordmasters should be known for

but...

-She's made of wet paper, and cannot attack from 2 squares away competently, making her rely on strats that allow her to attack with impunity to be useful, where you could just throw units like Oboro, Camilla, or Severa into the fray, and not worry about an attack or 2.

-Joins horribly underleveled in revelations

-Her name isn't Ryoma

As a character:

-Hate her supports with Corrin

-Cute

-Her myrmidon style is pretty good (especially considering I preferred awakening's aesthetic for them and their promotion).

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

I like her slightly as a character, but man she sucks as a unit.

Unless that hit rate is 0%, she is never dodge tanking.

80% of my restart causing deaths of low hit rates in Lunatic no-grind Birthright were "reliable" Duelist Blow hits of enemy hit rates of 15% or lower on Kazahana.

Friendly Reminder that you only failed because you din't transfer Felicia to orochi and didn't use Attack Stance.

This wasn't Hana's fault.

As a myrmidon/swordmaster unit:

but...

-She's made of wet paper, and cannot attack from 2 squares away competently, making her rely on strats that allow her to attack with impunity to be useful, where you could just throw units like Oboro, Camilla, or Severa into the fray, and not worry about an attack or 2.

-Joins horribly underleveled in revelations

-Her name isn't Ryoma

tfw when people don't look at your hyperlink and see her being 3HKOd by a C23 Paladin on Lunatic mode at 34% hit rate... on enemy phase (no duelist's blow). It's cool tho. Have you ever tried promoting her to Master of Arms if you have issues with her bulk? Let's her pick up Naginata if you are willing to spare an arm scroll for +1 Def (a net gain of +2 Def over Katana) and she gets +4 HP/Def for raw durability and an overall improvement to her bulk growths (45 HP/30 Def isn't that bad actually).

The Revelation complaint is irrelevant when you realize she's got the highest non servant/non paralogue availability and still is considered one of the salvageable units.

The Ryoma bit is sorta like really old school complaints when people used "not Seth" as a criticism for a unit's viability. It's sorta silly.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Friendly Reminder that you only failed because you din't transfer Felicia to orochi and didn't use Attack Stance.

This wasn't Hana's fault.

I have the save for the bookmark for recording. Yes, I can confirm that.

The point of that video was to reference two others where she got 3%'d on Normal Classic mode. You know, back when everyone didn't know how bad Fates RNG was in July.

But are you really going to say that facing a 10% hit, you're going to expect it to kill her outright? As I've said with ownagepuffs, she will face single digit hit OHKO berserkers near endgame and there is nothing you can do about it if the game says "yes, they will hit you" unless you've given her a Seraph Robe.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Despite how bad dodge tanking is in fates I want to have a good try at making hana a dodge tank...any suggestions? I know of useful skills like awakening but that's about it really.

Edited by Dinar87