Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

21 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I still just use a 2ds I have had for years, a friend has it and my copy of awakening currently, keen to get both back so I can buy the limit breaker dlc and finally attempt apotheosis. 

I was using a 2DS until recently, but I decided to upgrade when the Fates N3Ds was announced. My grandmother has it now and she plays her memory games on it... :^)

The 2DS felt so solid and unbreakable like my GBC, so it feels weird now playing something that feels so flimsy.

20 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

drag out my Super Famicom just to play them

WAIT you have a Super Famicom? I am so jealous. I actually really hate emulators so I've considered getting one, but they're pretty hard to get hold of.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Natalie said:

WAIT you have a Super Famicom? I am so jealous. I actually really hate emulators so I've considered getting one, but they're pretty hard to get hold of.

Believe it or not, buying a Super Famicom and Genealogy of the Holy War was cheaper than buying just Path of Radiance, at least at the time I got it. Or at least roughly the same; I think the Famicom was like $60-$80 on Ebay, and Genealogy was $20-$40 on Ebay as well. Of course, I got lucky that both even worked, since Ebay isn't the most reliable place to buy things. I did it for the same reason you said, though; I really wanted to play Genealogy, but I prefer not using emulators, so I saved some money and got the console, and just read the translated script on my phone while I played. I did the same with New Mystery (before Genealogy) and Binding Blade (after Genealogy), except I already had consoles that could play them just fine.

If there are a lot of Japanese exclusive games you're interested in, then I think it's worth it if you can find one; I actually have more Super Famicom games than SNES games now (it's 4 to 3, but still more by a slim margin). Unfortunately, I can't really point you in any solid direction other than try to find one that looks okay on Ebay or another similar site. Also, consider buying SNES controllers, because at least with the ones I got, the Super Famicom controllers have much shorter cords for some reason.

Welp, guess this means I have to throw out my Super Famicom now. It was fun while it lasted, but it's just not worth risking eclipse showing up and ruining our streak.

1

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Welp, guess this means I have to throw out my Super Famicom now. It was fun while it lasted, but it's just not worth risking eclipse showing up and ruining our streak.

I wouldn't call that a scientific analysis, we need a few more tests otherwise we can't be sure it isn't just a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Yeah I think that's common knowledge, but since we are testing common knowledge I may as well test another
@eclipse @eclipse
@eclipse @eclipse

You're lucky that I only get pinged once, even if you mention me multiple times.

Because I WILL warn you if I see a ton of notifications in my inbox from you.

8 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think I just missed my chance with the Pokémon series; not sure if @SullyMcGully had a similar experience, but I was never allowed to play the games or watch the show growing up, because it had too much "magic." Which is absurd, because if there's any questionable aspect of Pokémon, it's the lighthearted way it supports dog fighting. Pretty shady there, Nintendo; your silly "fainting" nonsense can't fool me. But anyway, I've tried to play a few of the other games now, but I just can't really see the appeal of them. Or rather, I can see the appeal, but that appeal does nothing for me personally.

Wow. Are you me? Let me guess, you weren't allowed to read Harry Potter either.

Edited by SullyMcGully

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Believe it or not, buying a Super Famicom and Genealogy of the Holy War was cheaper than buying just Path of Radiance, at least at the time I got it. Or at least roughly the same; I think the Famicom was like $60-$80 on Ebay, and Genealogy was $20-$40 on Ebay as well. Of course, I got lucky that both even worked, since Ebay isn't the most reliable place to buy things. I did it for the same reason you said, though; I really wanted to play Genealogy, but I prefer not using emulators, so I saved some money and got the console, and just read the translated script on my phone while I played. I did the same with New Mystery (before Genealogy) and Binding Blade (after Genealogy), except I already had consoles that could play them just fine.

If there are a lot of Japanese exclusive games you're interested in, then I think it's worth it if you can find one; I actually have more Super Famicom games than SNES games now (it's 4 to 3, but still more by a slim margin). Unfortunately, I can't really point you in any solid direction other than try to find one that looks okay on Ebay or another similar site. Also, consider buying SNES controllers, because at least with the ones I got, the Super Famicom controllers have much shorter cords for some reason.

I see. I've always preferred playing a game on a console, so I might actually do this. I have a SNES, so the controllers won't be an issue.

I was pretty lucky with the FE games I own because I managed to get them very soon after release. The PoR and RD prices now are incredible.

These 1 digits are so demoralising.