Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

On 30-11-2017 at 5:45 AM, SullyMcGully said:

Get over it. My family has this thing where we kids get random grey hairs when we're teenagers, and people tell us it makes us look awesome. 

Sucks. Both my parents only got gray hairs when they got close to 50, so I'll pray that's a genetic thing.

15 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

A lot went wrong here, since I'm pretty sure we don't count double posts? Seriously, I'm gone for two days, and everything goes wrong

Both Beep's and Sully's double posts were counted, so we should be at

Spoiler

Totally not doing this so that Anime's claim to another 100 becomes invalid, I'd never do that.

Edit: I'm starting to regret giving it to Rex now...

Edited by Bartozio

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Just do what everyone else does and add a Santa hat.

A capital idea, my dude. Does this suffice?

I should replay Portal again. That was a fun series.

As a confession, I've never played either of the Half-Life games. I played Portal and Portal 2 first, and I love both of them, but I fear that the Half-Life games won't live up to the hype.

I've played the first Portal, but that was with someone else's computer, and I haven't seen them since... hmm...

Suffice to say, I'd love to play it again (as well as the second one) but I lack the ability to do so.

18 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

A capital idea, my dude. Does this suffice?

It is wonderful, little ground rodent.

22 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

In 112 years, people will analyze my previous post and realize I meant "we" as a society, not "we" as a group of nerds on the internet.

In 116 years, everyone who is presently alive will likely be dead, meaning there will be no reason for the people to be alive at that time to look back to now and laugh.

I love the winter as well, and every part of it - frostbite and hypothermia as well. Where I live gets all four seasons as well, though the past few years snow hasn't stuck around much (darn global warming) so even though I am often the one to shovel the sidewalk, it usually melts before I have the opportunity.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I kind of like shoveling the snow for some reason, makes me feel useful, and I get myself really caught up in it, refusing to stop even when I should take a break.

... Say, what is this from?

It's from the Gamecube classic Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

The game was one of my first real JRPGs (having played Pokemon and Paper Mario beforehand) alongside Tales of Symphonia. It was developed by Namco, alongside Tri-Crescendo and Monolith Soft of Xeno-fame, which at the time was owned by Namco.

Use of pre-rendered backgrounds goes back to the progenitor of JRPGs in 3D- FFVII, but Baten Kaitos was my first encounter with them. And dare I say it is the apotheosis of the technique.

Every area in Baten Kaitos is a miracle for the eyes. Wazn is but one of them. There is actually another castle just as magnificent, with clouds flowing down the sides.

The Magnus- cards which form the basis of its turn-based combat- are each a little treat too. Here is #0118 of the Gathering (terms for the record of all obtainable Magnus), the Dragoon Gale:

latest?cb=20140201051418

Again a little blurry? Here is the link for more clarity:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/batenkaitos/images/4/4e/Dragoon_Gale.png/revision/latest?cb=20140201051418

And I've decided not to change my avi. But since it is the 1st of December today, I decided I'd have to do something festive. I hope it doesn't wear out its welcome over the course of the month, but say hello to Parnasse, the Confectionary Village!

On the Portal discussion, I've never played either since I don't have a gaming PC, but I know about them and their gameplay and plots. Someone told me once I'd get along perfectly with GLaDOS. I'm pretty certain I'd want to keep a very very very very large safe distance from GLaDOS, but not so far I couldn't fire a few ICBMs at her from.

124- Apparently this was the year when the Roman Emperor Hadrian met his boy/young man pederasty lover Antinous and took a tour of the empire with him.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I kind of like shoveling the snow for some reason, makes me feel useful, and I get myself really caught up in it, refusing to stop even when I should take a break.

Same really. Something about being out in the cold shoveling that's rather... tranquil? Peaceful? Something of that sort.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's from the Gamecube classic Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Ah. I've heard a lot of good about that game, though I never owned a Gamecube (merely borrowed; my only games were Wind Waker, Lego Star Wars, and Pokemon XD) so I never got the chance to play it. I wonder if people would consider porting it/moving it to a Virtual Console sometime.

Has anyone actually managed to find all the stars in a Mario game? I tend to manage to get around 80-90 in every game I've played, though I think Galaxy 2 I got to about 109.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

Ah. I've heard a lot of good about that game, though I never owned a Gamecube (merely borrowed; my only games were Wind Waker, Lego Star Wars, and Pokemon XD) so I never got the chance to play it. I wonder if people would consider porting it/moving it to a Virtual Console sometime.

I hope they do. And the prequel that BK: Origins is as well. The games are fun, even though I only completed BK once, and BKO twice maybe. There are a few flaws- you can save yourself into an unwinnable situation in both games, the first has some pretty bad voice acting (everything has this terrible filter on it), and both are a little slow in normal battles until you get things down, but they're still very good.

I actually managed to get all the normal ones in SMG2, but never mustered the energy to get all the Green Stars. Things like the Melty Molten Daredevil and the Rolling Gizmo Galaxy held me back on SMG. Blue Coins and certain Secrets- like the Pachinko and the Lily Pad ones held me back in SMS. For SM64- I was too inexperienced in my youth for the original. But I did come close in SM64DS, well over 100. I was missing mostly Stars from Dire Dire Docks and Jolly Roger Bay, because SM64 made me afraid of water levels with invincible predators in them (Unagi the Eel and Sushi the Shark being them). Then my sibling went and deleted that file- I've never tried it redo it since.

41 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Has anyone actually managed to find all the stars in a Mario game? I tend to manage to get around 80-90 in every game I've played, though I think Galaxy 2 I got to about 109.

I've 100% Super Mario 64 and its DS version way too many times, haha. On the other hand, I've only beaten Galaxy 1 once at all, never 100%, and I've never beaten Galaxy 2. I don't own Sunshine, but I've played a bit of it at a friend's house. If 3D Land and World count, then I've gotten all the medals in Land, and all the stars and stamps in World. I need to buy a Switch sometime for Odyssey.

127 Yay!

I never really focused on getting all the Star Coins in NSMB, NSMBW, or NSMBU, but I have almost all of them in NSMB2, save for the ones in the post-8 levels I haven't tackled yet, and those in Bowser's Castle.

For 3DL&W, I obtained all the Medals in Land.  I also have obtained all Stamps and Green Stars in World up to the post-Rosalina level where I stopped.

Which reminds me of the tech demo/experiment that failed to become a full Mario game and that instead became Pikmin- Super Mario 128: