Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

So, now we have Kaga's pet to discuss. And a unit who outdoes Midir in all ways but having a horse. But is he amazing?

Jamke is a late arrival in Chapter 1, and while he is bowlocked and on foot, he also comes with the amazing Killing Bow and a combination of Pursuit, Continue and Charge, with the stats to use them. He'll easily kill most of the men he came with, even without activating Critical (on the bow) or Charge. Once you recruit him with Aideen (what is with Chapter 1 and the awkward recruitment?). Even without the Killer Bow, he tends to be good enough at fighting enemies that he'll be fine, much as he's stuck with no 1-range. Of course, leaving him exposed when he has Charge can backfire, especially as he has high enough HP that it might activate more than it would with Midir. Of course, he gets his best chance for kills in Chapter 3, 4 and 5 (with the groups of flying enemies in each chapter), even without the Killer Bow. Of course, his skill growth is abysmal, so without the killer bow his accuracy won't be amazing across the board, but with that strength and speed he'll be good with each hit. Plus, he can get the Brave Bow if paired with Aideen. And then it's just silly. Similar to Ayra, he gets a huge amount of hits if Charge procs. The issues for him are the lack of enemy phase, not getting Critical too often with the Killer Bowdue to low Skill and low movement.

Jamke works very well with pairings that already have Pursuit (as he can't pass it down). So for Ayra, both kids are great on the attack (Continue and Charge makes them better at this) and they still have good skill (Odo blood for you). With Birgged, he makes Faval amazing at fighting when he can attack (though he has not got great skill), while Patty gets some pretty good growths (though Charge can get her killed when she starts). They get no weapons from him though, which at least he can give to Lester if he pairs with Aideen. The big problems for that pairing is no Pursuit, and similar to Midir/Aideen, they can be screwed over by Charge. He's really no good for the magic pairings (0% magic, you see), and for Lachesis he's not as good as Midir as a dad. And that's just odd.

Jamke gets a 7/10. While he's limited on EP, he's certainly a powerful unit, and shouldn't be completely ignored.

(Also, I think I'll edit my scoring for Ayra to 7.5. While powerful, the issues she has still stand)

Edit: qwernst, why isn't there more of that?

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamke has great base stats for a level 6 Archer. His skills guarantees that he is your MG 42 on the battlefield. His flaws are his low skill growth, and not being able to pass Pursuit down to his children. He is best paired with Aideen or Bridget. 8/10

He's like Ayra but bow locked and joins a bit later. Great RNG burner though. 2.5/10

Unlike Aira though he has base combat parameters that are actually quite good so technically his player phase, as little as you actually get to make use of it, is something he has over her. He's still a loser though. 3/10

You could recuit Jamka, and have Ayra but with bows. You could also not go through the tedious process that is recruiting him, and not lose anything meaningful in the process. 2/10

Whoa. That's harsh. :o

Jamke's an archerbro, but that won't cut it with such huge maps!

At least his combat is solid if he ever gets to do something. And if he's ever recruited.

3/10, +.5 bias for being an archerbro. 3.5/10

Being bowlocked and footlocked does not do you much favors in this game. He has great skills but sadly doesn't even pass the best one to his children.

2.5/10

You could recuit Jamka, and have Ayra but with bows. You could also not go through the tedious process that is recruiting him, and not lose anything meaningful in the process. 2/10

You lose out on the killer bow which is worth quite a bit. Recruiting Jamke isn't that much more unreliable than not, the spirit forest is just badly designed so I think it makes his recruitment seem worse than it really is.

Jamuka is great for me. Again, infantry has its role in FE4, and Jamuka comes with great stats for his level, great skills, and makes a great dad for a few kids. Killer bow is overkill on him but he can pass it on to Midayle and do just as well with a steel bow. Pursuit as a class skill limits his usefulness as a dad (namely limiting himself to either bow-inherited children or children who already have pursuit) but the options he does have are great, particularly Ayra. His major flaw is his heinous skill growth though its compensated by his good base. A solid and dependable unit either way though, 7.5/10.

For what is probably not the last time for this series, Jamke got a lot of positive and negatives votes. Thus he got an average of 5.57/10 with a pool of 15 votes. Yep, the pattern is still true. :)

Time to wrap up chapter one. By going deep into the annoying Spirit Forest, we meet up with the ultimate plot device of the game, Deirdre/Diadora!

Class: Shaman (Level 3)
Holy Blood: Major Naga, Minor Loptousu
Personal Skills: Nihil

Class Skills: None
Stats:
26 HP (70%)
0 Strength (10%)
14 Magic (70%)
9 Skill (20%)
12 Speed (10%)
3 Defense (10%)
16 Resistance (70%)
6 Luck (10%)

My thoughts: She is useful...

...for silencing Sandima and reducing the knight's HP in Chapter 2, if she can even be with your army at this point. That's it. Even if I do find her cool story wise, she is terrible as a unit. Good bases in Magic and Resistance, but terrible everywhere else. And the same applies for growth rates, but HP is not bad I guess? Whatever. On top of that, she has absolutely no means of double-attacking, and even then, the only Light that she can use - Aura - weights 20, so it would just be useless. But, her biggest flaw is that she is unmounted, which creates two flaws in her case: not only is it super difficult to keep up with only 5-movement, but even then, it renders her Nihil skill useless, because she does not have a horse!

Really, the only contender I can think of for being worse is Arden, and even then, he has much more availability, cause he's here for the whole generation. Diadora? She's there for the end of Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and then, she only can use the arena and sell her stuff in Chapter 3, only to be captured and never to be seen again!
Wow. I'll give her a 1.5/10, because that's honestly what she is as a unit.
Still, I like her character, at least...

She is required to defeat Sandima and the Sleep Staff guy in chapter 2. She mainly exists so Sigurd can pass down his genes, and give Ethlyn her best weapon. She can't promote, and will struggle in fights due to how heavy her weapon is. She has to be religated to being a Staff Bot if you really want to use her. 2/10

Great chipper I have to say... for like two chapters. And she can silence the boss of chapter 1. Also another (better) healer what is quite nice.

That's it...

Unitwise she's not the worst I'd say because she has a really good attackpower. Still does more damage than Alec or Noish would do... but yeah... squishy and ridiculous slow!

3 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

She silences people and... maybe burns RN's? Aura is a horrible tome and she doesn't quite oneshot enemies - and has no way of doubling or dodging. She's essentially a spare staff bot but she only really has one chapter to do anything. I don't believe in giving her any credit for Celice or the Light Sword, Celice would have much preferred someone like Ayra to be his mother!

2/10

Poor, pathetic Deirdre. Sigurd was only in it for the looks and character, he certainly didn't marry her for the genes. She can silence Sandima... and that's about it! She just gets left in the dust, and if she catches up she can't even kill things since no Pursuit. Even if she had it, she'd still be useless because Aura weighs as much as a ton of bricks or thereabouts. And then she's only usable for one and a bit chapters, because Sigurd makes her stay at home and then stupid Manfloy goes and wipes her memory, takes her away, and we only find her at the BBQ and now she's stuck married to Dastard and is gonna give birth to everyone's favourite demon. now play my bbq recreation she gets narga there so she's not awful anymore Her growths outside Magic/Res are awful, so she's never gonna be any good at anything. She can use staves... not that she can afford them. At least she looks good, right? Right?

I guess she's better then Arden... 2/10 with the half point bias since I feel a bit sorry for her. Stupid Manfloy and whatever chump let him walk over them so plot could happen for a 2.5/10.

Poor, pathetic Deirdre. Sigurd was only in it for the looks and character, he certainly didn't marry her for the genes. She can silence Sandima... and that's about it! She just gets left in the dust, and if she catches up she can't even kill things since no Pursuit. Even if she had it, she'd still be useless because Aura weighs as much as a ton of bricks or thereabouts. And then she's only usable for one and a bit chapters, because Sigurd makes her stay at home and then stupid Manfloy goes and wipes her memory, takes her away, and we only find her at the BBQ and now she's stuck married to Dastard and is gonna give birth to everyone's favourite demon. now play my bbq recreation she gets narga there so she's not awful anymore Her growths outside Magic/Res are awful, so she's never gonna be any good at anything. She can use staves... not that she can afford them. At least she looks good, right? Right?

I guess she's better then Arden... 2/10 with the half point bias since I feel a bit sorry for her. Stupid Manfloy and whatever chump let him walk over them so plot could happen for a 2.5/10.

BBQ recreation? What's that?

So we get Light Magic for the first time in the series as its own type! Shame it's essentially useless here.

Deirdre shows up after taking Marpha, where Sigurd tells some leery guy to screw off, and from there they fall for each other, she joins after running into him in the forest and then you see her stats. And how heavy Aura is. Really, she wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for her growths and the weight of Aura. After all, she's good at using staves and can use Silence right off the bat to make Sandima a cakewalk. Plus with Aura her one hit is a bomb. Unfortunately she can't really dodge (as her evade is pretty much negative with it), so front lines makes no sense (never mind her not being on a horse). She also comes with a circlet (which has Renewal (a regen skill) and Prayer (which is prayer)). If those sound contradictory you're right. So chapter 2 happens, and she can give Ethlin the light brand (aka the weapon for ranged attacks with swords), with everyone pulling ahead for the first half of the map. Oh, and she can at least silence the Sleep bishop. But her role in chapter 2 is very minimal. And then she's stuck in the castle in Chapter 3, and gets taken after the first part. Least she can use the arena and then give Sigurd money beforehand. This is the main reason why passing staves onto her makes no sense, as she's not going to need the experience. Also, no promotion, which just makes that more apparent.

Also, she has an effect on Seliph: he'll have good res and a magic growth because of her! If only she gave him more in stuff like speed.

Overall, while I would still use her more than Arden (except when using him full time :P), she has to be a 1.5/10. Her availability is poor (so there's no point in using her as a staffbot), her weapon and stats don't mesh and she's just not going to do much in combat (even in the arena). Really, why she isn't a 1 or a 0.5 is because of the stuff I mentioned above.

A 1/10.

Plot Device is the worst unit in this game, gameplaywise.

Her pros.

- Silencing Sandima and the guy with the Sleep Staff.

- Selling her silence staff for other, better characters.

- Giving Ethlyn the Light Brand.

Her cons:

- HORRIBLE UNIT! Only dodges sometimes. Tome is useless cuz she can't ORKO. Can never reach any battle. Can't even support Sigurd.

- Has the lowest availability in the whole game. She joins near the end of Ch1, and leaves in Ch3 (where she is also forced to stay in the castle)

- She has lower HP than Aideen (not much if a difference but still). Can barely survive two hits.

At least she can sell that Silence staff, so someone else can use it. But her Aura tome is usable by no one, so there goes light magic after Ch3 (can promoted Lachesis use it? She gets a C rank in light, after all).

Edited by Flee Fleet!