Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

Tiltyu is a sad case. She's mother to two fairly useful characters in G2, but she herself comes near the end of the game and right before a chapter where her magic type loses in the anima triangle. Wrath is fun but risky and Tiltyu lacks follow up skills to take true advantage of it. She's really weak defensively, but has decent bases for the most part. The real kicker is her coming at level 3, though. She just takes forever to promote, which doesn't even help her that much in the long run.

She's qt as fuck though so I'll give her a +1 bias for 5/10. She can be used but you have to go out of her way to do it. I don't mind, but she's definitely not "useful" outside of being a mother.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiltyu... poor, poor, poooooor Tiltyu. I absolutely adore your super cute sprite and I really want to use you, but WHY do you to show up so late in the game at such a low level? If you want to reach promotion by Ch.5, you basically need to take advantage of Wrath in the arena, get the Villagers in Ch.4 and get plenty of Dew money to buy the Paragon Ring. I'll give you extra credit for bias and being able to mother what's probably the most OP kid in Gen 2 if she marries Lewyn. 5.5/10 and that's being super generous.

My fixed votes:

Sigurd: from 9.5 to 10

Noish: from 6 to 5

Alec: still 5

Arden: still 2

Lex: still 8

Azel: from 4.5 to 3

Cuan: still 7

Ethlyn: still 8

Finn: from 8.5 to 7.5

Midir: from 7.5 to 7

Ayra: from 9 to 8.5

Dew: from 4.5 to 6

Aideen: from 6 to 7

Jamke: still 8.5

Deidre: from 3 to 2

Holyn: from 8.5 to 7.5

Lachesis: from 8.5 to 8

Beowulf: from 7 to 5.5

Lewyn: from 9 to 8.5

Sylvia: still 9

Fury: still 8

Tiltyu: still 8

I love how Sigurd is the only who got buffed... (Pessimism master race!)

EDIT: Forgot about Mountain Dew and Aideen :P

I'll do an update very shortly!

Edited by OliKad

Do you deny Aideen's and Dew's existence?

I shortly did, my bad. That's mostly because I don't like drinking Mountain Dew. xD

Tiltyu...stinks. She just stinks. She's basically just a worse version of Levin; she joins much later, her base stats aren't as high, her growths aren't as high, she has a worse weapon type (7 WT tomes instead of 2 WT), her promoted class is worse than Levin's, and she doesn't even get to use any Holy Weapons! Her only statistical "advantages" (if you can call them that) are higher growths and base stats in Luck and Skill. That's it; aside from that, Wrath is all she's got.

Speaking of Wrath, it's one of those skills that seems really good on paper...until you realize who it's stuck on. Tiltyu is one of the most fragile units in the entire game, right next to Sylvia and Dew; she has enough trouble surviving at full HP! And this game regularly sends 7-8 enemies at you at once; having her walk into Enemy Phase at only half HP is tantamount to suicide! Yes, Tron has 20 MT; yes, that means that Tiltyu can dish out 60 Damage right off the bat...but what is that worth if she can't survive long enough to use it? And how is she going to keep up with Sigurd & Co. with only 5 Move? Even Sylvia can't get her into the action fast enough!

But what really dooms her more than anything is this; Chapter 4 is custom designed to mess her up in every possible way. It is a map where about 50% of the enemies are either wind mages or pegasus knights; if you will recall, Wind has WTA over Thunder. In addition to all of Tiltyu's other problems, she also has to face a -20 Hit and Avoid penalty from many of Chapter 4's enemies. And then, when she's not deal with that, she's having to deal with squads of 8 Move Pegasus knights; ones that can fly over any terrain without penalty! Tiltyu is just about impossible to make viable in an efficiency playthrough...

And yet, I can't give her a 1/10. Because as much as she stinks, she DOES have a pretty awesome promotion. She gets +5 increases pretty much across the board, and even gets access to B Staves! Of course...you've got plenty of staffbots by then, but...hey, credit where credit is due.

2/10

After reading the latest comments I can't take this entire thread serious anymore.

If it's even denied that she's bad mother (is able to bear the most OP Gen. 2 unit in earlygame with the right man), then I have literally nothing to say anymore.

Speaking of Wrath, it's one of those skills that seems really good on paper...until you realize who it's stuck on. Tiltyu is one of the most fragile units in the entire game, right next to Sylvia and Dew; she has enough trouble surviving at full HP! And this game regularly sends 7-8 enemies at you at once; having her walk into Enemy Phase at only half HP is tantamount to suicide! Yes, Tron has 20 MT; yes, that means that Tiltyu can dish out 60 Damage right off the bat...but what is that worth if she can't survive long enough to use it? And how is she going to keep up with Sigurd & Co. with only 5 Move? Even Sylvia can't get her into the action fast enough!

Wrath is a player phase skill.
Too bad that vantage scrolls don't exist unlike in the prequel. That's the way how to make Othin or Havan even more OP than they already are.

Also I only will vote Claude at last, because I find it impossible to rate the kids since it depends on who their dad is.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

^I'm actually surprised that she's getting lesser scores than Deirdre.

I mean, Deidre has her uses, but I never found her to be more useful than almost every other unit in this game.

I figured out how this entire rating works:

Joining underleveled and being foot unit and not able to refresh => automatically trash

Good weapons?

Good skills?

Being good potential parent?

I don't care!

It's trash anyways!

I guess I have to be ashamed for making possible to promote Taillte in the beginning of chapter 4.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Joining underleveled and being foot unit => automatically trash

Good weapons?

Good skills?

I don't care!

It's trash anyways!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67540&page=26#entry4648329

Might want to take a look at those calculations again, prof.

People are also going to give Celice and Leaf 9's-10's (and they both join as underleveled foot units, too), so I really don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

Taillte is squishy and without Pursuit. Makes you wonder why she became the bodyguard of the ever so important person that is Claude.

I have a feeling she's not his official bodyguard at all but merely started stalking him.

Tiltyu is....eh...not good? That's about as positive as I can make of it. She starts underleveled late in chapter 3 and chapter 4 isn't a very good fit for the girl either, with all its pegasi and mages.

She starts with Thoron so that's at least something. I recall Wrath working out pretty decent too.

Due to how low everyone's resistance is there will always be a small place for magic users in your army but Levin and possible Azel already fill that role. Its a good thing there's no deployment limit in 4 then.

All and all I do like the gall. Tiltyu x Azel is one of the rare pairings I feel so partial towards that I deem that an ''otp''. Tiltyu also has an interesting aspect that mirrors what makes Azel so interesting. She too is a loved one of one of the villains, albeit the pawn rather than the mastermind and a morally bankrupt pawn at that but its implied that she and daddy had been close in the past. This goes for Lex too who stands out among the three amigo's by being hostile to his evil dad while the other two are more conflicted about it.

Her future is also....interesting at the very least.

For having Thoron, wrath, magic which pretty much everyone is weak too I'm willing to give Tiltyu a 4/10 and that's with positive bias. I used her but didn't really enjoy it.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I have a feeling she's not his official bodyguard at all but merely started stalking him.

It is indeed true actually. After some reading of her profile on the wiki, Taillte claimed to be the bodyguard of Claude, who in turn 'attempted to deny it' (even I would have easily denied the fact, Claude! you so weak willed).

Also, I have now noticed how Tiltyu's artwork consists of her wearing white coloured clothes, yet her battle sprite clothes are of a completely different colour!

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, but oh well...

Also, I have now noticed how Tiltyu's artwork consists of her wearing white coloured clothes, yet her battle sprite clothes are of a completely different colour!

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, but oh well...

Same for Bridget, actually. Orange in art, green in battle sprite. Why IS.

Taillte/Tiltyu/Talito/Tootleloo is the closest thing to an Est in Gen 1. Yes, she's underleveled and surrounded by pirates that swing their axes in the air like they just don't care, but she has enough HP to take a hit before unleashing the wrath of Thoron upon her enemies. Like many Ests, she will be babied in order to reach her full potential. When she's promoted, she gains the ability to become a staffbot, and the Adept skill. She is best paired with either Lewyn or Azel. I don't see the appeal in the Lex pairing or any other physical unit. It concentrates entirely on their promotion when they get swords, but ignore their first twenty levels where they need Magic, but will get low growths. 6.5/10

Too bad that vantage scrolls don't exist unlike in the prequel. That's the way how to make Othin or Havan even more OP than they already are.

Thracia actually thought ahead on this and Vantage overrides Wrath because Wrath only goes off on a counter attack which vantage makes impossible except against other vantage enemies.

Joining underleveled and being foot unit and not able to refresh => automatically trash

Good weapons?

Good skills?

I don't care!

It's trash anyways!

I guess I have to be ashamed for making possible to promote Taillte in the beginning of chapter 4.

Good weapons and good skills don't matter a whole lot when you aren't able to use them. Her join time isn't just bad but the worst in the game. The next 2 maps have very little use for foot units(if any) and chapter 4 has wind magic everywhere. She's actually a Liability to take with you. Maybe she could Silence a Meteor mage in chapter 5 but that's really it. Giving units credit for parenting is dumb. Even if you think it's a good idea to count kids you should also take into account that her subs are quite amazing(Linda) and you are giving up something when you pair her.

Taillte/Tiltyu/Talito/Tootleloo is the closest thing to an Est in Gen 1. Yes, she's underleveled and surrounded by pirates that swing their axes in the air like they just don't care, but she has enough HP to take a hit before unleashing the wrath of Thoron upon her enemies. Like many Ests, she will be babied in order to reach her full potential. When she's promoted, she gains the ability to become a staffbot, and the Adept skill. She is best paired with either Lewyn or Azel. I don't see the appeal in the Lex pairing or any other physical unit. It concentrates entirely on their promotion when they get swords, but ignore their first twenty levels where they need Magic, but will get low growths. 6.5/10

The big draw to the Lex pairing is Elite(Early horse) and the Vantage+Wrath combo which has a strong niche against the Draco Knights in chapters 8 and 9. I believe he actually 1 shots all non-boss enemies after promotion with a magic ring and Thoron at base.

Sup. This and a few of your other posts are annoying me because I think they're causing arguments and general displeasure in the thread. Up until your posts in this nature, everyone was fine with a live and let live attitude, not changing it into a hissy debate about the "right" playing style. If you could refrain from your remarks like this one, and the one where you called votes significantly deviant from yours into question, that'd be great.

Good weapons?

Good skills?

I don't care!

It's trash anyways!

The problem is that FE4 isn't a particularly difficult game when it comes to enemy stats. Since Sigurd and Celice can get through much of their generations alone, anybody who can't keep up with them tends to lose a couple of points because they're just mopping up the leftovers. Remember, Sigurd sets the benchmark at 10, so it's relatively difficult for a lot of units to score close to him - especially if you're using the whole 1-10 range!

Personally I take into account everything a unit has when evaluating them :S

There's a line where detriments outweigh benefits; its a fine one to be sure but its there. Tiltyu I think is worth using so her kids start out better and Tron is a hella cool magic spell that can wreck some face when used right but the fact she comes 3/4 into G1 and is severely weak by your army's standards by the time (most characters should be nearing promotion or already be promoted) and with little to compensate (she doesn't have a mount to help keep up with the cavalry units or a skill that lets her level faster or attack repeatedly or anything like that) means she has little "utility" as it were.

Everyone's evaluating the characters differently by their own standards for sure, and everyone values different standards. I personally think everyone disliking anyone on foot is a tad silly because FE4 is only Horse Emblem is you're speed bombing it but to each their own :P

I don't really see the issue tbh, everybody has a slightly different approach/bias. More casual/newer players base their ratings on casual playthroughs, semi-experienced players will base things on their experience, people like Horace or Refa who ran FE4 drafts in the past look at things from efficiency standpoints. And then there's Valkama and myself who argue things with LTC strats in mind because that's the name of our game. At the end the values get average'd out anyway so no side really gets the short stick.

If anything the one thing that stands out is that people don't seem to understand how averages work. If you rate unit on a scale from 1-10 then the majority of your votes should lie somewhere between 3 and 7 imo. If Aira and Levin get 10/10 how are you gonna rate Celice, Oifaye, Aless and Leaf? Give them all straight 10/10? That'd make the whole idea of this 'project' pretty worthless as we'd just be handing out 10/10 ratings left and right in gen 2.

Edited by Yojinbo

^I agree. I mean me and some others have been rating characters based on our 'casual' runs (I guess you could say that), which is why most of the foot units I rated had a score higher than 5.

In the end, everyone has their own approach and bias, like Yojinbo said.