Trails in the Sky: The Third, Translation is complete

Jedi

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/28/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-translation-complete/

Today, Xseed Games offered an update on the progress of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd. In a tweet, it confirmed that the English translation of the Windows PC game is now 100% complete. It went on to note that it is 13.23% edited. As far as editing goes, Xseed Games is “on it like Stregas on Estelle.”

5d1275ecb74d46eaaff73642ed8cec90.png

While this isn't like a confirmation on a full on release date, I felt like it was good to get the news out that, this will likely be early 2017 when we get this.

Feel free to discuss your hopes for The Third! Although you might want to put spoiler tags for people who haven't finished FC and/or SC yet, i'm hyped as hell and I'm glad I have the Ys games to tide me over while I wait for this.

Oh yeah, now that is great news to end 2016.

Best of luck to everyone on XSEED working on the project.

Anyway, I wasn't too keen on the premise of the game at the start (a Kiseki... dungeon crawler?!), but it eventually grew on me. Also it's a really odd game, sequentially... Despite not being necessary to understand the rest of the games, it is very much necessary if you're a fan XD

XSEED be like:

qjWJYHj.png

So many Trails games (and more) over the past year and a bit. Hope their target for Spring 2017 is still within the realm of possibility. Need more Kevin in my life, and I need 'im as soon as.

Also it's a really odd game, sequentially... Despite not being necessary to understand the rest of the games, it is very much necessary if you're a fan XD

What I find amusing (and amazing) is that after SC, they jumped straight to Zero no Kiseki, but figured partway through development Erebonia and Crossbell needed more development. Thus, they stopped development on Zero and made The 3rd.

Eh, the amount of development Crossbell and Erebonia get in 3rd is fairly minimal (though it does notably introduce Osborne and his conflict with Olivier). It mostly focuses on side stories of the characters from the first two games.

In other words, fanservice.

(Absolutely glorious fanservice, though.)

hope this gets a psp/vita release and not just steam.

Well they got that in Japan, but the Vita nor do Trails have enough of a following in the West to even consider that. Although they did at least try.

Considering you can play the Trails games on an actual Potato of a computer/laptop, I'm not too sure what the issue is, unless its just the mere portability, which I guess I understand somewhat.

http://wccftech.com/trails-sky-3rd-pc-choice-xseed-aozero-localization/

According to what Mr. Lipshultz revealed on the Marvelous forums, releasing Trails In The Sky The 3rd on PC was the only choice. XSEED explored the possibility of releasing the game on PSP, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita but have determined that these releases were not viable. Releasing the game only on PC was the only way to get the game out in the West at this point.
I understand handheld gamers are upset by the PC-only nature of this announcement, but let’s be clear here: we announced the game for PC only because that is literally our only option. Or I should really say *the* only option, since no other company would have any more luck with the other versions than we did.

We explored all other possibilities for releasing this game, including PSP, PS3, and Vita alike, and have determined after much effort that they are all completely nonviable. It was literally PC-only, or no Trails 3rd. Period. I understand that’s a tough concept to accept, especially considering I can’t really give you guys a full explanation as to why these versions are nonviable — but you’re going to have to trust me on this one! We tried. We really did.

Edited by Jedi

I don't blame them. I can't imagine how much money/resources it took to localise the 3rd. Selling the game on dead or dying consoles like the PSP and Vita in 2016 isn't really gonna help.

Likewise, I could play the original version of the 3rd on my ancient PC almost a decade ago (wow, it literally will be a full decade next year), so that shouldn't be an issue.

I can understand that it sucks not being to own it physically on Steam, but beggars can't be choosers XD

Edited by VincentASM

HYPE WHERE?!

This is excellent news! I'm a huge fan of dungeon crawlers, so as long as the cute guys aren't totally terrible, I think I'll be JUST fine~!

Well I mean the MC is one so :P:

So I've been playing FC and SC on my PSP and was able to transfer my data from first to second so they say it's only possible to play it on the PC? So does that mean that I can't transfer my data from SC to the Third (if that's even a thing this time)? I'm not a PC gamer, I'd prefer to play this on my handheld or a console but it looks I got no choice with this one. I'll still support them so I'll get it once it releases. It just sucks I can't play it on my PSP...

If I recall correctly, all you get from transferring your data from SC to 3rd is one or two accessories, there aren't even dialogue changes. So at least that won't be an issue.

I think to an extent the power levels are going to carry over, just not the exact ones you may have had at end game of SC. From what I heard from people who've played around The Third, the levels start around level 90 haha.