... so... what's your most anticipated games of 2017?

Disinnocence

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trails in the Sky: The Third

Freedom Planet 2

Sonic Mania

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (if it comes out this year).

Edited by Jedi The Red

Bloodstained is 2017? Fuck add that to my list too

It's kinda vague, I've heard both this year and 2018. So I'm just gonna stick in that range haha.

Altough It is a "remaster", I can't hide my excitment for FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

I'm also interested in BotW as well.

I'd be right there with you if my first playthrough this past summer didn't burn me out on the game. Definite 2018 buy for me tho.

Persona 5 perhaps, though I've never played a prior Persona myself.

TBH I'm not up to snuff in regards to the game industry anymore...

Probably Nier Automata, though I don't like psyche myself up much for games before they come out. Still, I did enjoy the original Nier a lot, with the exception of its gameplay, and I couldn't ask for a better group to fix that than Platinum. Since I don't have a PS4 and there aren't many games for it I'm interested in, though, it may be a while before I can actually play it.

Eitr (Diablo and Dark Souls as inspirations with Norse mythology, please)

Dawn of War III

Mount & Blade 2 I believe is coming out in 2017?

Nioh.

Horizon: Zero Dawn and For Honor interest me.

Edited by Tryhard

1. Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

2. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3. Persona 5

4. Nier: Automata

5. If MonolithSoft announces an RPG I'll definitely be intrigued.

Stormblood though. Sure, I'm hyped for Zelda, but I went to Vegas for the FFXIV Fanfest just for the expansion announcement. Not only is it one of the best MMOs I've ever played, it's also my favourite Final Fantasy game.

Mass Effect: Andromeda dates just got announced and it's coming out March 21, 2017 so add that (assuming it doesn't get delayed) to my list though this one has a bit of skepticism because EA, but what has been revealed of the game so far seems to appeal to me.

Edited by Locke087

Stormblood though. Sure, I'm hyped for Zelda, but I went to Vegas for the FFXIV Fanfest just for the expansion announcement. Not only is it one of the best MMOs I've ever played, it's also my favourite Final Fantasy game.

i would play this if i wasn't scared of mmo's ruining my life.

it's also literally the only ff i can play on my macbook.

As of now, Persona 5 and NieR Automata, more so the former because I own a PS3 but do not yet own a system that can play the latter. I'm hoping that will change because I did love the first NieR.

Mass Effect: Andromeda dates just got announced and it's coming out March 21, 2017 so add that (assuming it doesn't get delayed) to my list though this one has a bit of skepticism because EA, but what has been revealed of the game so far seems to appeal to me.

Huh, do we even know anything about that game besides the basic premise? I've heard so little about this game, come to think about it.

I won't buy it because it's from EA and I was so disappointed in Mass Effect 3's ending, but I'll definitely watch a let's play. Mass Effect without those yawn-inducing Reapers could be pretty sweet, though it seems the series moves away entirely from the whole "how humans interact with other species" angle with Andromeda.

Edited by Thane

Huh, do we even know anything about that game besides the basic premise? I've heard so little about this game, come to think about it.

I won't buy it because it's from EA and I was so disappointed in Mass Effect 3's ending, but I'll definitely watch a let's play. Mass Effect without those yawn-inducing Reapers could be pretty sweet, though it seems the series moves away entirely from the whole "how humans interact with other species" angle with Andromeda.

Really the people who wrote ME 3 ending aren't ( A lot of Bioware left the company after ME 3) on this game anymore so that really should have no effects on this game... watch the game awards trailer for it showed a bit with the combat and exploration. They're bringing back the Maiko and they're making it more open and explorative then previous Mass Effect games, what little they showed of the new combat looks really fun to me and I like the idea of less linear Mass Effect. Obviously I have a lot of skepticism towards the game because EA but it looks fun so far. As far as watching it goes I'm in it for the gameplay in all honesty, the story is actually a lot less interesting to me at the moment, I hope it's good though...

Here's the trailer in question.

Edited by Locke087

Really the people who wrote ME 3 ending aren't ( A lot of Bioware left the company after ME 3) on this game anymore so that really should have no effects on this game... watch the game awards trailer for it showed a bit with the combat and exploration. They're bringing back the Maiko and they're making it more open and explorative then previous Mass Effect games, what little they showed of the new combat looks really fun to me and I like the idea of less linear Mass Effect. Obviously I have a lot of skepticism towards the game because EA but it looks fun so far. As far as watching it goes I'm in it for the gameplay in all honesty, the story is actually a lot less interesting to me at the moment, I hope it's good though...

Here's the trailer in question.

Oh wow, that looks like Mass Effect: Inquisition. Yeah, I'm staying away from that one.

Oh wow, that looks like Mass Effect: Inquisition. Yeah, I'm staying away from that one.

Except without that crap combat (which is the main reason I quit the game, along with the required amount of tedious bullshit you had to do Bioware was heavily criticized for doing that with Inquisition so I think they won't require that this time)... its way more open... how is this like Inquisition from a gameplay perspective because I also hate that game and it looks nothing like it to me? Edited by Locke087

Except without that crap combat (which is the main reason I quit the game, along with the required amount of tedious bullshit you had to do Bioware was heavily criticized for doing that with Inquisition so I think they won't require that this time)... its way more open... how is this like Inquisition from a gameplay perspective because I also hate that game and it looks nothing like it to me?

Large areas, flashy combat, graphics and clunky animations similar to Inquisition, and it sounds just like the same old Bioware formula which hasn't changed since the early 2000. It's just a gut feeling after seeing the surface level, I'm well aware, but I don't like what I'm seeing.

I don't have a PS4, but if I did this would be my complete list in alphabetical order -

Crash N. Sane Trilogy

Cuphead

Freedom Planet 2

Gravity Rush 2

Project Sonic 2017

Project SteamWorld 2017

Sonic Mania

Zelda: BotW