Posting Here to Check Postcount

Holy shit, it looks like the new forum upgrade allows us to view our postcount.

Ya fuck this place is now the best.

Time to come back and be active so my postcount will go up.

Will also test if this postcount is based on our fftf posts by posting again right away.

Sorry if other fftf topics exist already (on this first page even? could be) on this crucial issue.

EDIT-I know there probably was a way of checking on the old SF, but now I'll be constantly reminded of my output...

Edited by HELP

Gonna try and reproduce what I said, and thanks, because I saw that.

I don't really have a thought regarding Harlan Ellison worthy of consideration - I haven't read something by him. If it makes any sense, I think the closest I've come is Phillip K Dick (based on very vague feeling for what Ellison writes about). I really think Dick is a good writer, though I feel like I've forgotten most of my memories of his books. And based on a really rough impression I got, Ellison might be a bit like a Hunter S Thompson, who I've also never read (reject if incorrect). I like Blade Runner and LOVE Snatcher but I probably love DADOES more than both. I could definitely get around to reading something by him (Ellison) in the next few months - my reading backlog feels short enough I don't bother keeping track of it. If you want to suggest something, just comment or reply.

I do find reading about some of Ellison's antics on wikipedia interesting, to say the least (entertaining?). I wouldn't want to get on his bad side. That doesn't necessarily make for a bad writer, though.

I think I said something else in my comments but I dunno what.

whats my postcount

LMAO THAT'S SUCH A TINY NUMBER I HANG OUT HERE WAY TOO MUCH

Edited by Quote

On 1/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, Chen said:

his short stories are well regarded and V. Good in my opinion

i started with I Have No Mouth and Repent, Harlequin (but i really enjoy the style in harlequin)

Oh ya. I Have No Mouth I have heard a lot about.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:34 AM, Elieson said:

I am not a harlot!

Damn. We got a sci-fi legend here.

7 hours ago, Makaze said:

My quality / quantity ratio must be perfect outside of this forum.

The absolute entirety of existence's, the all...its perfection is unquestionable but ungraspable, present only in its entirety. Only ALL quantity can express ALL quality. A mote of existence expresses itself imperfectly and reflects imperfectly other motes of existence - though this imperfection is illusory, only apparent because of our imperfect perception which is imperfect only because we imperfectly grasp our perception itself. Your quantity/quality ratio is perfect, but to none of us, you included, shall it ever appear so, nor shall any person's. No one will ever produce a consistent explanation of imperfection in any instance ever, but we shall perceive all that we seek to explain as imperfect. Imperfection is the only untruth, and seems the only truth.

Edited by HELP

14 minutes ago, HELP said:

The absolute entirety of existence's, the all...its perfection is unquestionable but ungraspable, present only in its entirety. Only ALL quantity can express ALL quality. A mote of existence expresses itself imperfectly and reflects imperfectly other motes of existence - though this imperfection is illusory, only apparent because of our imperfect perception which is imperfect only because we imperfectly grasp our perception itself. Your quantity/quality ratio is perfect, but to none of us, you included, shall it ever appear so, nor shall any person's. No one will ever produce a consistent explanation of imperfection in any instance ever, but we shall perceive all that we seek to explain as imperfect. Imperfection is the only untruth, and seems the only truth.

No sum of knowledge can be proven to be the sum of all possible knowledge.

42 minutes ago, Makaze said:

No sum of knowledge can be proven to be the sum of all possible knowledge.

I don't know if you are construing my post as stating something contradictory to this.

I think the sum of all possible knowledge would not be the sum of all that is possible. The fact that I'm clarifying that I think so may give you some indication of why I'm confused.

I don't think I can prove the sum of all possible knowledge as an actual amount, but based on what people seem to refer to when they speak about knowledge, it seems persuasive that knowledge cannot account for the particles which make up its constitution?

It sometimes seems troublesome to assume any knowledge without knowledge of all - and all possible knowledge seems like it would be unable to reach that point.

Sorry if I fail to reply to your statement.

25 minutes ago, HELP said:

I don't know if you are construing my post as stating something contradictory to this.

I think the sum of all possible knowledge would not be the sum of all that is possible. The fact that I'm clarifying that I think so may give you some indication of why I'm confused.

I don't think I can prove the sum of all possible knowledge as an actual amount, but based on what people seem to refer to when they speak about knowledge, it seems persuasive that knowledge cannot account for the particles which make up its constitution?

It sometimes seems troublesome to assume any knowledge without knowledge of all - and all possible knowledge seems like it would be unable to reach that point.

Sorry if I fail to reply to your statement.

My goal was to incite the same feeling as your reply incited in me (with minimal effort).

Looks like I succeeded.

Edited by Makaze

GET ON MY LEVEL! :P:

EDIT: Actually, don't, unless you want to post literally everywhere on SF, and have something relevant to say!

Edited by eclipse

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

GET ON MY LEVEL! :P:

EDIT: Actually, don't, unless you want to post literally everywhere on SF, and have something relevant to say!

I could go ahead and post a few thousand times, real quick, but I'd probably get warning points for spamming.

Just now, eclipse said:

You have to do it slowly, over the course of many years.  So if you can get a time machine, get to it~!

I'm surprised my post count was as high as it is, to be honest, especially since so many of my posts are in FftF.  And I noticed the Introduction page doesn't count towards post count, either.